Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    abt raajaa simply calling sony and asking them to pickup distribution of thiruvaasagam - the most naive statement made by IRIR in this hub.
    The base of TiS listeners are in tamil nadu only. the original scope with gulzar and everybody would have interested SONY . For a non filmi experimental devotional spiritual - whew - I am at the most minor branch of my marketing categories where it will be placed next to a little known album called Akhand released by some Kalki devotees.
    so this had to be a oor koodi izhukkum thaer and I am proud that he reached out to millions of fans like me (and offcourse - YOU IRIR) who are buying tiS copies till date and gifting them regularly to friends adn family.
    All this on top of his capricious business sense.. so the numbers easily add up against him in public sphere. Could he have avoided it - In my opinion NO and that is why he tied up with Agi - which is smart in the sense that none of the brilliant BGM pieces will lie wasted in a film hereafter and one can hope that AGI will release them like Music Messaiah.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by "jaiganes"[b
    ]abt raajaa simply calling sony and asking them to pickup distribution of thiruvaasagam - the most naive statement made by IRIR in this hub.[/b]
    The base of TiS listeners are in tamil nadu only. the original scope with gulzar and everybody would have interested SONY . For a non filmi experimental devotional spiritual - whew - I am at the most minor branch of my marketing categories where it will be placed next to a little known album called Akhand released by some Kalki devotees.
    I strongly disagree with you on this! its not abt the base, but abt the reach it cud have had with Sony, which wud have easily reached so many appreciative ears everywhere - and it wud have been easier then for sony or anyone else to approach IR for other albums, then IR cud have easily told them 'i want to do this, that' and given what he wanted to do all the time - am not going to be apologetic abt my thoughts/comment abt his choice of associating with a non-professional for an album like TiS - the lack of coherence in thinking and logic in such a decision is palpable and shocking

in the end, IR can and will do what he chooses to do, thats his problem/domain, I only wish he did otherwise, for my own selfish reasons/desire of listening to grander works from him, the chances for which IMHO are diminishing by the day

each time i play his music to someone who has not listened to him before, that moment when i see the spark of understanding in his/her eyes the music creates, my heart swells with joy and also a sadness that his music has to reach ppl through such means, when they could have been done better!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As regards to IR's wavering spiritual mind - well he personifies every person who is spiritual and is getting there. There is no use in putting on a humility cloak and have a dual face - having that will make one spiritually immoral and coming to terms of such a spiritual duality is of more torture for the inclined follower. Offcourse to people observing it will be very confusing and chaotic. This is one more reason why masters adviced 'solitude' or ekaantha for a person completely inclined to be spiritual to avoid the brickbats of public reaction to one's confusion. This is very usual and yogis pass over this by either ekantha or mouna( SILENCE). I as a fan of Raja's music and a early baby of spiritual knowledge can understand parts of it and therefore accept Raaja for what he was , is and trying to become. Someone like Raja_Fan and more ppl in the hub can sound like conch blowers and whistle blowers of truth about Raaja, but they are taking a 'Black and White' approach in doing so. As I said earlier, a person is not the sum of all his public utterances - and there will always be more than what meets the public eye including 'he did not serve me water ' to ' he asked me to wipe off an entire length of interview'.
    As far as the charu quoted 'Thanni vakkala' gripe of a mallu journo - I would only say, 'endaa ambi - moocha varudhunnu sonna, raaja enna ingaye moochi po' appdinnaa solla poraar. excuseaa illai velila odi poyee thanni kudikka? CRV blogai oru dhadavai padingappa.

Finally (from my side) Raaja vai paththi judgement kudukka naam yaar? such things are between him and his maker(If he believes in one). We are passerbys in tea shops. However I want to bring to Raja_fans and Kamesh ratnams of this hub's attention - vera media personality paththi dhairyamaa indha maadhiri Citizen kane inspection pannida mudiyumaa without being harrowed and bullied?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Jai,

Very well said. For all the crib that raja_fan does can he point out any other personality who has been given this treatment by all and sundry. And their respective fans being as civilized as here. Maybe raja_fan would have tried it somewhere else and come back here, knowing fully well this is the only place where even posters like him will be tolerated. After all that we have everybody jumping that we are the most intolerant

irir123: I fully agree with you in the sense that I too would love Raja doing more and more work. Infact today afternoon, this was the discussion with a friend as to what Raja has lined up this year. I would be happy whatever he does. I don't have any demands as to what he should or should not do. Anything he does, I am willing to listen. He hasn't failed me till now and I am confident he won't in the future as well.

Reg Sony etc, I would say that Jai has a valid point. I don't think Sony would have thought that 'Tiruvasagam' would be a best seller. I am sure even if Raja was ready whether Sony would have been. I am saying this because I understand that Raja's market is not something which is pan India and 'Tiruvasagam' in WCM style is not something which would appeal to everyone. Infact I am surprised that it was done at all!! Yes, the reach would definitely have been better. Sony released 'Om Shanthi' and the very next day after the release function it was available in Bangalore. Whereas I am still searching for 'Madhiya Chennai'.

I hope we will all agree to put an end to this personality related discussions for the time being. I know that something or the other will crop up when Raja goes to make a speech. For the time being, let us stop here and continue discussions regarding music. We have given everyone a chance to have their say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Sony released 'Om Shanthi' and the very next day after the release function it was available in Bangalore.
    is it ?? do you know where I can get it online ?? tried searching for it on sony's website, but nothing comes up
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    No clue on the onsite stuff irir123. I generally haven't bought anything via the net recently. I will check out the album cover and see if there is any link and will let you know.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    I am sure even if Raja was ready whether Sony would have been.
    Both Sony & Saregama were ready for Thiruvaasagam production & Marketing. It was Raaja who signed with 'Wellgate' in India and 'Agi music' for overseas. Copy rights & Royalty issues were the deciding factors.

Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    andha level business sense koodavaa ivarukku illaaama pocchu ??
    Enna Seiyarathu He doesnt have that and people around him have more sense than needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got this link from Orkut
    Dr.Vijay had uploaded it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wz5dmmkaz2a

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ASIANET is airing the Asianet 2010 Awards program. Lots of IR songs being performed. Next in line is Chitra's Kunnathe. The entire cast of Pazhassi Raja and others like Kamal are in the audience.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast