Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

யப்பா உங்க அக்கபோர இங்க வந்து அடிங்க
    request the MODS to lock the other thread and make this thread Sticky.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    raja_fan,

I really don't understand your intentions here!
    We all know that Raaja had been contradicting and he speaks his mind at that particular moment. He is more like a child in his behaviour. I dont understand why this glorification matter hurts you badly.

There are fans who think they have understood Raaja and his statements and tend to reason out his statements, there are fans who think they have not understood Raaja and are trying to find a reason... And fans like me who at times understands and at times dont...and just move on listening to his music. Ocassinally rasing our concerns over issues which may turn-out to be a problem to society or his his own musical output.

You dont fall in any of these categories. You to be here to fish in muddled water. Think of this,are any of us are in capacity to go to Raaja and ask him to stop all the nonsense he speaks? Hey I hate Raaja for what he spoke in the intro part of Geethanjali (Devotional) Album that 'He is dedicating the Album to those crores and crores of poor people and they should listen to the album and feel happy'. I thought WTF?!! May be his traditional thought made him to think "Sevikku unavu illada podu Vayitrukku siridu eeyappadum",and that he is providing people with Sevi Unavu. But my integrity can think only like "Thani oru manithanukku unavu illai enil intha jagathinai azhithiduvom”. So I skip that portion from the album and move on. That what a sane person would do. When you dont like something 'skip'. There is no use harping upon what we dont like.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...And what is wrong in Raaja not telling 'Sandhosham' for the award which Rahman got? Are you feeling happy for 'Rahman'? Iam not - Iam not feeling happy for Raaja either!

If atall there was some happiness in his face it was due to the way these reporters, fans and public thronged his place. Otherwise 'Murugesan Street' would've maintained the same silence like any other day. This can be understood from his opening statement and Body Language stating that he understands that all of them are here, thinking that it is an award bestowed upon themselves and he feels happy for them. In that opening statement itself he has shattered all the illusions about awards. He is as such not happy (means he is neutral) about it but the happiness of people/fans surrouding him makes him happy.

Ithukku mela avarkitta poi 'Rahmanukku neenga santhoshapadreengala'nna? athu kElvi KEttavanOda muttalthanam thaan. Watch his answer for bala and check out how reluctant he was in uttering that 'Santhosham' for him. Because he does not 'feel' happiness in these mundane attachements. So be It.

As a raja_fan If you are happy for Rahman and Raaja sharing the same dias for the same award, and as I've seen/heard Raaja fans not so very happy for this, (some of them close to me were perplexed over my indifference over this award) Iam happy to note your magnanimity. So Be it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....Symphony time utterings over 'ithu pOla athu irukkathu'.

raja_fan what is your take on Raaja speaking on Rahman's Oscar Felicitation function 'Brahmaandamaa nadakkalaam aanaal ithu pOla oru vizha ungalukku ini nadakkathu'. Ponder over both to find out whether it was regarding money/product etc. which binds us to the world or is it something very personal which can only be felt not seen or understood.

Given the short comings of language, for Raaja not able to express what he feels in 'Words', sometimes he makes me understand the profound importance of life and us humans in this cosmos. But I always resort to his music to understand this. He speaks his mind better through music. Sometimes I feel that the language as is, is something alien to this man and he can communicate only through music. Ahhh.. how wonderful this world will be if music is made universal language for communication, banning all others.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After wandering around the tfmpage.com & the hub for more than a decade, I'm quite convinced that Raja NEED NOT do a symphony to prove his greatness

If he does, I'll be happy. If he does not, I'll still be happy

One thing he has made very clear is the "commercial non-viability" of scoring for a symphony. (I can interpret his statement about technology only this way).

Cine music pays him and he does that.

If symphony / xyz music pays him sufficiently, he will do that as well.

That's all about it, very simbil

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oru news vanthaal pothumey, ulagamey azhincha mathiri oru kootamey varum. Athuvum "practical" IR fans. Guys do not bother aruging with them, we are having bottlenecks in network traffic due to unnecessary packets.

For the record, IR's character usually gets in his way when he speaks which makes it hard for most to understand. People have to realise that IR is human and any human is bound to be irritated by such dumb questions coming in the media. There are two ways we can answer such things, remain patient and go away or rebutt with in-your-face answers. Thalaivar did the latter and there is no surprise. And the most important thing is we have no right to question his characteristics, not everyone is born as humble with no sensitivity to such questions. Moreover he is not giving any threat or insulting answers, so the idea of controversy is null.

Actually it is "fans" like raja_fan who make it into a controversy when they can easily ignore it and go on. Shows how poosinikka minded this people are. Where is the moderator when we need one?

Thalaivar has had alot of telugu film announcements and a tamil film as well but i doubt if they were even reported here thanks to all these focus on something that has nothing to do with his music.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh,

I have heard much sinister stories about Raaja from whom are personally close to him. It is not right for you to put something here, which is not verifiable by any means. How do you know that the person whom you heard from doesnt have any malicious intent. Even if he is genuine how do we know what went through Raaja before he called to edit that?

I personally

A. dont believe in your friends version. Being your friend, why dont you go and check what was there in that edited portions! I would've demanded that to understand what was the intention of Raaja instead of cribbing over a friendoda friendoda friendoda version.

B. Think that there had to be reason.

Once I met a Person who is accesible to Raaja, being a family friend of his. He said something very damaging about Raaja once in a Bar. When he moved away from the seat for a call I said '...tha semma gaadula irukaan, Raaja ivana kuppura poattu aap adichi irukkaaru poala' I cannot forget the laughter that broke out on our table. We were laughing our guts out until he came back to rejoin us on the table and I asked keeping my face serious 'Apram machi vera enna' ....tha everyone else broke out once again. Ithukku ellam ivalothaan naan importance kuduppen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam
    RAJA SHOW IN JAYA TV NOW 8 PM IST
    Thanks for the news Dear

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    danksubaa for opening a new thread...
    ippo Raja_fanukkum Kamesh ratnathukkum, IRIR123kkum enna venum?
    1. Raaja oru hypocrite (along with likes of me ) . granted
    2. Raaja vyaavaaram theriyaadha impractical manushar - granted
    3. Raaja oru vayitherichal paarty (this will make raja_fan very very happy - granted
    oththukkarom O podrom - sandhoshamaa? thrupthiyaa? inimel idhai patri isai ketka mattume mudiya koodiya nammaal enna seyya mudiyum? adhai seivom.
    iTunesil innoru dhadavai Thiruvasagam purchase panninen - indiavil vaangiya CDyai vida nalla quality - I urge folks to do that and enjoy the bliss. $9.99 is too low a price for this masterpiece while other symphinic works (even the oft heard and average ones) sell at $15 a piece.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    After wandering around the tfmpage.com & the hub for more than a decade, I'm quite convinced that Raja NEED NOT do a symphony to prove his greatness

If he does, I'll be happy. If he does not, I'll still be happy

One thing he has made very clear is the "commercial non-viability" of scoring for a symphony. (I can interpret his statement about technology only this way).

Cine music pays him and he does that.

If symphony / xyz music pays him sufficiently, he will do that as well.

That's all about it, very simbil
    noone doubts his greatness - my one and only concern is that he shd not fade away but rather continue in grander fashion - symphonic works are 'grand' - i have been discussing the works of later composers like Gustav Mahler, Dmitri Shostakovich etc, and I would love to see IR lined up with them - there is and will always be an audience for them - IR can easily juggle between symphonic works and commercial filmy popcorn music (which is what he does these days, barring a PR, or a PAA) - am sure he knows that too, but something definitive is preventing him from doing this
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast