Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Goa" - Yuvan's musical Extravaganza

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 am

Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    Smashing soundtrack!

Simply Freakin' awesome!

Yuvan has brought the 80s feel in all three village folk tracks!

What a way to start the year!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarappa
    Goa is a spectacular album, nothing short of scintillating. Amazing album by Yuvan!

3 village tracks and 6 modern trendy songs. Especially Idhu varai and Idai vazhi are sensational numbers.

Rocking start of Yuvan!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by interz
    I like 4 out of 9 songs.

My favourite has to be the bit song "Kathal Endral" such a pitty its a short song.

Idhu varai is a passionated rock ballad song, also listenable

Goa (themesong) and club mix sounds good. Already liked them when watching the trailer.

Vaaliba Vaa Vaa is a repeat of Dhostu Bada Dhostu (Saroja).

Idai vazhi could have been good but, the rhythm similar to Honey Honey from Ayan.

I dont like Yelelu Thalaimuraikkum, Adida Naayandi, Ooru Nalla Ooru this movie, very average village based songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    my best song is still 7-7 only. its a total illayraja stuff .. the flute piece that comes in the second bgm.. wow i felt it was equivalent to one of the illayraja's peak period songs and the lyrics evertime i listen is giving me goosebumps.

idhu varai is my second pick . andrea sounds little bit like rihanna... am loving her voice... and ajeesh's too. is he the one who won the airtel super singer?? such a mesmerising song..second interlude

vaalibaa vaa peppy and different. initially didn like this song . now liking it. but somehow i feel it resembles some other tune and the interludes r very very ordinary. the best part is after chitra comes ..

this is probably first time am liking the remix mix version. am talking about the goa song. very addictive and appealing beats.. am sure its gonna rock with picturisation...

the illayaraja song is one of the best of yuvan.. very matured composition esp the flute part and bass guitar in the background

kaadhal endraal...awesome singing by yuvan....who cares if he goes off key... the feel he gives in is something no other singers can . lyrics dono how girls will react to this song.. they simply will skip it. infact the whole album i doubt they will like it... but who cares...

somehow am still not impressed with idai vizhi ... except for the first interlude whcih is out of the world

yet to listen to the spb charan song..

complete album from yuvan...whats more in store for 2010..lets stay tuned ... keep rocking yuvan....

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    Comments from the first hearing..

I was pleasantly suprised with the orchestration on the whole (The use of drums esp.).

The 7 Thalimurai was good, the first interlude threw me back to "what?? thats raja!!" . Good attempt, probably will be wasted as a title score.

The adida song will the heroes introdction, not bad.. not too great either.

GOA song is no great shakes, will look great with visuals, IMHO I dont think it will have the reach of a Kodana Kodi..

Idhu Varai - I was instantly hooked.. both incontent and orchestration. To put it mildly, absolutely faboulous song. I loved the lead singers and I am positive this is gonna be be among the best this year.

Strangely I enjoyed "Valibame.." more for the singers (it was pleasnt to see the legends together). The song isnt bad either, I was just overawered hearing the singers.

Like the person above, Iam not too impressed with Idai Vizhi.. it a been there done that kind of song with no great shakes.

Verdict - Ithu Varai is greater than the sum of the parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Yathu
    Kumarappa wrote:
    Especially Idhu varai and Idai vazhi are sensational numbers.

My picks too. Especially Idaivazhi. Really hyper! Mamtha Mohandass & Benny I think YSR must've been smoking something when he composed this. lol
    This song reminded me of Thaluvuthu from Ah Aah on first listening for some reason.

Andrea is really impressive in Idhu Varai. A really soulful voice. Nice to hear Ajeesh's voice too after his SuperSinger victory. Not sure how much his voice suits this song. Only complaint about this song is it finishes quite abruptly.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out and tell us that IR composed the folk tracks in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Quote Originally Posted by vasanth2006
    It`s a mixed bag(May be I had too much expectations).......Some songs are stunning.....

My pick of the album is Ithu varai....What a song....I dont have much words to explain this song...Such a wonderful song... .....Ajeesh sounds good...Andrea also...

Idai vazhi..... Stunning experimentation...Brilliant orchestration and different sounds.....Excellent.... I like Mamtha voice...Such a different sexy voice....

Theme song....such a helluva number....High energetic peppy number... This should rock....

7-7......Now I feel it`s a perfect folk number....

Valiba vaa....It`s a good peppy number....SPB spoiled the song to some extent(Especially tu tu tu tu part) IMO...... it could have been better...

Kathal......Same tune as Ithu vari....Yuvan didn`t sing well....

I don`t like the IR`s pathos number and remix number....

Adida nayandi.....average number....like it in parts....Could have been better....

Post Thanks / Like

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:14 am

Absolutely a stunner album, with various genre of music.

Among three Village, IR-ish tracks, ezhezhu song is the pick followed by Adida naiyandi for the liveliness. Ooru nalla ooru is just an average track, even though it is impeccable, orchestration wise.

Coming to the urban part of the soundtrack,

The tune of Idai vazhi isn't that appealing. However orchestration is absolutely great especially the interludes.

Title track, packed with nice interludes is too good with some youthful lyrics.

Valiba va va has an interesting fusion. The second half that goes classical is beautifully rendered by Chitra. Thanks to Yuvan for bringing the Veterans together. However, the Opportunity of making SPB-IR sing together, has not been effectively utilised in this song

Idhu Varai is outstanding with superb rendition from Andrea. Ajeesh's rendition is good though i'm not fully impressed :P (Hope Roshan doesn't come to this thread ) A brilliant melody.

Kadhal endral which is the modified version of Idhu varai is too short to make an impact. As Inetk pointed out, it has trademark Violin and keyboard which is common in all songs rendered by Yuvan.

Overall - A stunner. Yuvan

Post Thanks / Like

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Quote Originally Posted by vigneshram
    Definitely a stunner from Li'l Maestro
    Goa - இளமை இசை
    My review - http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    Ajeesh sounded very tense... cant balme him given its his first song and the pressure... I still wish he could have given his best. Compared to Andrea he was miles below...
    Yes. He cannot be blamed as this is his first song.

Expression isn't that good. especially during the last few lines that need to be sung very well.

Anyway, congrats to him for starting his career in a great album
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    ithu varai
    valibava was good number!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast