Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gautam Gambhir !!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‘if ever I need anyone to save my life, it will be yo

Coming from a man who many of his team mates will nominate to save their life, that must be quite a compliment for Gambhir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahela's innings was far more classier, no? What is he talking about?
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    kAkkai. pon. kunju.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    97 in final most important knock of my career: Gambhir

Top batsman Gautam Gambhir on Monday described his knock of 97 in the World Cup final against Sri Lanka as the most important innings of his career though it was not the best. Gambhir top-scored with a gutsy 97 from 122 balls which set up the historic win for India after openers Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag were out cheaply.

"The 97 in the World Cup final was not the best innings in my career but no doubt the most important one so far," Gambhir told reporters after reaching home.

"It was a special knock for me as it came in a special situation. The whole country was expecting us to win the World Cup and I have contributed my bit in India's triumph. So, it was the most important innings of my career," he said after a grand welcome with people thronging at his home following news of his arrival.

Gambhir and his Delhi team-mate Virat Kohli stitched a crucial 83-run stand for the third wicket to keep India on track in the run chase of 275 after the home side were down 31 for two. He was out three runs short of century.

He said he was not disappointed to have missed a century in the final, saying winning the World Cup was more important than personal milestone.

"Obviously, a century in the final would have been the icing on the cake. But winning was more important for the country. If you had hit a century but your team lost there was no point," he said.

"On the other hand, if you missed a century but helped your team win the World Cup, that I will take," said 29-year-old Gambhir.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Stressbuster' Viru helps me score runs: Gambhir
    July 09, 2011 6:46:37 PM

PTI | Kolkata

Company of explosive batsman Virender Sehwag is like a 'stressbuster' since he helps his partners bat without pressure, India opener Gautam Gambhir said today.

The left-handed batsman, who was here to shoot for a TV quiz show hosted by former India skipper Sourav Ganguly, also said that he is looking forward to the England tour.

"Batting with Viru (Virender Sehwag) is always a treat. He plays his natural game and takes the pressure off his partner, allowing him to play naturally.

"He is like a stressbuster. He has always helped me to score big runs," said the Delhi lad, who has 3234 runs in 38 Tests at a healthy average of 51.33.

The Indian vice-captain, who missed the West Indies tour because of a back injury, said, "I am keeping myself ready for the tour. I am practising hard for the all important tour. Hopefully, I will be able to do well."

The 29-year-old revealed that the 2008 ODI series in Australia was a turning point in his cricketing career.

"Consecutive centuries in Brisbane and Sydney helped in boosting my confidence. Those centuries were very important for my career. Even I feel that any player should be given enough chance to make a comeback."

Gambhir missed a century by three runs in the World Cup final against Sri Lanka and he said, "I never thought of it but I became nervous once everybody started saying I was three runs short, something that cost me dear...."

However, Gambhir said he was happy to accomplish the job as India were reeling 31 for 2 when he came in at No 3.

"My job was to be there and play my natural game. So, I never had the time to think anything negative. I guess, that's what helped me score big run," he said.
    http://www.dailypioneer.com/351929/S...s-Gambhir.html
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456