Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idhayam song is excellent. Shweta's singing could have been better in some places.! Excellent melody!

Rocking theme!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billa II songs are out

Definitely better then the first one. Is it a complete album? Yes

Idhayam was my pick of the album when I heard the samples! Is it still my pick of the album? No, because my least favourite song from the samples, Unakkulle Mirugam has become my pick of the album. What a changeover... Haha

Unakkulle Mirugam continues from where Yuvan and Ranjith respectively left No. Keyia title track. Just like Harris, Yuvan too proves his mettle with Rock. This track is enough to reinforce that, not only is he Youth Icon of Tamil Film Music but equally a Rockstar. Nice to hear main theme of the movie blended in with electric guitars.

Madurai Ponnu – Middle Eastern meets 70s Retro meets Dancehall meets mindboggling Carnatic Thavil beats. Won’t appeal to many, but for people like me who love unconventional and experimental music, this one is for you.

Gangster falls into the league of Yuvan’s Trademark Electro Hop. This song is also modelled around the movies theme.

From the samples I thought that Yedho Mayakkam would be another one of Yuvans Electro template songs but no it has more to offer. Nice incorporation of Nadaswaram, an instrument we rarely hear these days. I’m a sucker for carnatic and electro fusion, so double thumbs up here.

Theme

This has to be the best theme I’ve ever heard from Yuvan, furthermore the best theme to be made for a Tamil Action Movie. A contrasting theme which on one side is sombre and on the other has all the adrenaline that one expects from movie genre like this.

Idhayam is a track I believe which you have to finish once started. You can hear it anytime and anywhere. Yuvan definitely has taken a leaf out of his father’s book here. The whole package is very Indian, this song definitely has the soul possessed by Raaja’s Saab’s songs.

Billa II soundtrack is here to stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope Unakulle Mirugam is not used as BGM, a song like this should not be wasted in the movie. Yuvan rarely/never repeats his sound (excluding his liking for electro bass e.g. evandi unna pethan, I would like to think he will come out of this phase.) The fellow just needs his consistency from his early days, which of late seems to be somewhat lacking. For me, Unakulle Mirugam is one of them stellar songs that he includes in every album.

Digression

If I had to pick 1 song from his recent albums and choose a minimum of 6 then they would be

Aathadi Manasudhan - Kazhugu
    Ela Ela - Panjaa (Telugu)
    Ithayam Pesuthey - Pesu
    Yaar Solli Kadhal - Pathinaaru
    Sol Pechu - Thillalangadi

last but certainly not least

Kaadhal Endral/Idhu Varai - Goa

Bonus Track being Valibaa Vaa Vaa

If this list was an album, then who knows what would've happen. BTW, it was Mounam Pesiyadhe album that made me start to take him seriously and If I had to pick one song from his career that I rate his best even till now, it would definitely be Ninaithu Ninathu and engayo partha mayakam to an extent (according to sources, the latter was destroyed by Udit Narayan's pronounciating but I'm just judging it by music).

End digression.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://chinnappayal.blogspot.com/2012/05/2.html

முழுக்கப்புதிதாகவும் , முன்னெப்போதும் கேட்டிராத இசைக்கோவைகளுடனும் களமிறங்கியிருக்கிறார் யுவன் இந்த பில்லா-2வுக்கென. முதலிலேயே சொல்லிவிடுகிறேன் பாடல்கள் முழுக்க இளைஞர்களை கவரவைக்க வேணுமென்ற முயற்சியிலேயே பின்னப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.இதுவரை கேட்டிராததாக இருக்க வேணுமென்ற முயற்சியில் ரொம்பவே மெனக்கிட்டிருக்கிறார் யுவன். அதே முயற்சி பின்னணி இசையிலும் இருக்கும் என்றே நம்புவோம். பில்லா-1 ல் அவருக்கு சில அழுத்தங்கள் இருந்ததென்பது உண்மைதான். ரஜினி பாடியவற்றை மீளக்கொண்டு வந்தே ஆகவேண்டுமென்று , படமே ரீமேக் என்பதால் , இருப்பினும் தீம் ம்யூஸிக்கில் கலக்கியிருந்தார்.அதில் பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் “ My name is billa “ தவிர அனைத்தும் புதிதாகவே இருந்தது .இங்கு அப்படி ஒரு கட்டுப்பாடும் இல்லை , முழுச்சுதந்திரம் இவருக்கு ..! எப்போதும் Sequel என்று வரும்போது முன்னது மாதிரி இல்லயே என்ற பேச்சு எப்போதும் எழும், அதற்கெல்லாம் வாய்ப்பே கொடுக்காமல் அசத்தித்தானிருக்கிறார் யுவன். இது Sequel இல்லை, முழுக்க Original

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanga Meengal, Audio rights grabbed by Sony. Music expected soon..!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    latest YSR tweets tat 5 albums r going to release within two months...

1. Aadhi bhagavan

2. 3 per 3 kaadhal

3. Aadhalal kaadhal seiveer

4. Samar

5. Vanavarayan Vallavarayan

wow.....superb....

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast