Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    my only pick is 'vaanam..."

again, too trendy - maybe that fits the movie.

On a serious note, i think he should quit using 'auto tuning'. Getting tired of it - been used so many times - no novelty exists.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    On a serious note, i think he should quit using 'auto tuning'. Getting tired of it - been used so many times - no novelty exists.
    I completely agree. Apart from novelty, it really takes the credit out of the singer. Too much techno (in the first song), not pleasant to listen. Tunes are also very bland. Sorry to say this, most songs which Yuvan sings are all off-key, why?. Having given some really gem of songs, listening to his music nowadays seems he is tired and want to finish fast. May be I am wrong, but that's what I feel.
    Last edited by V_S; 24th March 2011 at 08:29 AM.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have to agree with the fact that Yuvan should not sing coz his singing is pathetic and he has spoil t many gems. Few examples - Sarvam Songs, Pogathey(deepavali) many in the list....he is immensely talented agreed but the problem is consistency is lacking despite his variety. having said, i used to support him just because he is Meastro's son but later started developing a liking for him. but my above opinions always remained the same. look at ARR for that matter, he is a thorough professional more than Raaja "sometimes" coz Raaja also has done the same mistake by giving many of his wonderful gems to pathetic singer like Bavatharini. i hope someone explains this to him...god bless!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    quite dissapointing album..evandi unna peththan remains the pick..i also liked the beats in cable raja song..but others didnt work..all songs were similar..vaanam song has the same template as yaar indha pendhan and other couple of songs..this album will not stay in the memory for too long
    Say My Name

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Songs are boring

Post Thanks / Like
    All the songs are super-catchy and sure-shot chart busters.
    With Simbu around, you can expect only these kind of mass numbers.
    And for a mass album, these songs work big time.
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the name Yuvan wasnt on the cd i wouldnt even listen to this again. All of Yuvans last albums were below average in my eyes. And they are kind of reptitive. He always uses Auto Tune + this synth from Iragai Pole.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched yuvans live concert in chennai (on youtube per tradition), an awesome show.. it had whole ilayaraja family, great songs, great singers, great actors, great comedy, great introduction, great effects I rarely praise concerts, but this concert is too good, not to comment about.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan and the discordant notes
    2011-04-03 20:27:43

Yuvan Shankar Raja is no longer working on the music of Selvaraghavan's Irandam Ulagam!

There were reports that Selva and Yuvan had patched up and was working together after three years with the Dhanush-Andrea movie.

However, it seems differences has cropped up between them and Yuvan is no longer doing music for Selva's under production film.

GV Prakash is the new music director who will provide five songs for Irandam Ulagam.

Yuvan Shankar Raja peeved with a newspaper report that he "assumed that Selva will sign him up for Kamal Haasan's Viswaroopam", which was later was given to Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy.

Yuvan hit back and tweeted- "I didn't assume, there's nothing to assume when he himself (Selvaraghavan) comes to my studio n talks about that project to me! Guys this isn't the last project on earth that everyone wants to work and I'm not the last composer either. I like my music to do the speaking and it will!!!€
    So he's out of Irandam Ulagam as well? :sigh: appave nenachen..when he was not signed for Kamal's film..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    அதெல்லாம் சரி... "I opted out of IU, due to budget issues" nnu tweet pannina GVP (he also unfollowed Selva in Twitter) kku ippo eppadi time & budget set aachu?
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast