Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interview on TOI:

It has been a dream run for Yuvan Shankar Raja in 2010. Songs from four out of the eight films for which he composed music this year feature among the top 10 chartbusters of the year. It is a unique feat by any yardstick. In an exclusive interview, Yuvan opens up...

You have been constantly churning out chartbusters this year. Four of the films — Paiyaa, Naan Mahaan Alla, Baana Kaathadi and Boss Engira Bhaskaran — feature in 2010's Top 10.
    (Smiles) It was a good year for me. To be honest, whenever I work hard, I don't expect anything; it just happens I had a breezy year and I will say it's all due to God's blessings.

But what's your favourite album among these four?
    I like all my albums; so, picking a favourite is difficult. Still, I enjoy the song Iragai Pole... the most.

People in the industry say that you understand the pulse of today's youth...
    (Laughs) My passion in life is music. I just enjoy creating music. First and foremost, the tune I create should strike a chord with me. In most cases, I have found that people also fall in love with the song that is my favourite.

They call you the hit factory. Don't you feel that you are too prolific as you have done eight films this year?
    I've learnt from my dad that music is like breathing. Creating tunes is a natural process. Next year, I might probably have a dozen releases.

How do you choose a project?
    My comfort level with the director is important. I have a set of directors like Venkat Prabhu and Vishnu Vardhan with whom I have a good rapport. This has resulted in good music.

The producer of your latest film, Pathinaru, has put you on the posters of the film. Are you planning to turn a hero?
    No way, I'm happy being just a composer. I like my music to speak rather than seeing my posters pasted all over town. As far as the audio of Pathinaru is concerned, I finished the album eight months back. Probably they are just trying to promote the film. My anna, Karthik Raja, has sung a solo song for me for the first time.

You have recently tweeted that you are doing Selvaraghavan's new film...
    It's nice to be back with Selva. I will be doing Selva's new project for which he is shooting at the moment with Dhanush and Andrea. It has been titled Erandam Ulagam. It's a pure love story made on a different note.

What next?
    I'm doing a live concert in my home town (Chennai) on January 16. I promise you it will be a musical treat for my fans. We will have Bollywood singers like Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghosal, Javed Ali and all the big singers from the Tamil film industry performing on the show. Several actors, including my buddy Simbu, have promised to take part in the show which will be telecast in a leading channel.
    I have just shot a music video with Vishnu Vardhan and Nirav Shah as a promo for the concert.

Any New Year resolutions?
    I love to dream big. I want to step into Hollywood in 2011, and I'm working towards that.

How long do you plan to remain single?
    I'm thinking of getting married next year. But don't jump to conclusions. For the record, I'm not seeing anybody!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sify.com/movies/gv-prakas...2ocIhjcdh.html

இவரோட சம்பளம் ஆயிரம் கோடியா ??

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NormalMan
    http://www.sify.com/movies/gv-prakash-makes-his-point-news-tamil-km2ocIhjcdh.html

இவரோட சம்பளம் ஆயிரம் கோடியா ??
    வர வர GVP காமெடிக்கு அளவே இல்லை
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    இயக்கம், நடிப்பு, தயாரிப்பு என மூன்று ஏரியாக்களிலும் ஜொலித்த சசிகுமாரை, ஈசன் படத்தின் தோல்வி நிலைகுலையச் செய்திருக்கிறது என்கிறார்கள். ஈசன் படத்தின் மீது அதிக நம்பிக்கை வைத்து தமிழ்நாடு முழுக்க சசி சொந்தமாக ரிலீஸ் செய்த வகையில் சுமார் ஏழு கோடி நஷ்டத்தைச் சந்தித்திருக்கிறாராம். ஈசனை நியாயமான விலைக்குக் கேட்டு சசி கொடுக்காததால் கடுப்பான விநியோகஸ்தர்கள், சசி அடுத்து நடிக்கும் அல்லது இயக்கும் படத்தை வாங்கப்போவதில்லை என்று சொல்லிவருகிறார்களாம்.

இதைக் கேள்விப்பட்டது முதல் மேலும் கடுப்பான சசி, அடுத்த படத்தை இயக்கி நடித்து சுப்ரமணியபுரத்தைவிடப் பெரிய வெற்றியாக அதைக் கொடுத்துவிட்டுத்தான் மறு வேலை என்று சொல்லிவருகிறாராம். இதனால் சமுத்திரக்கனி இயக்கத்தில் அடுத்து நடிக்க இருந்த ‘போராளி படத்தைத் தள்ளி வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம் என்று சொல்லியிருக்கிறாராம். என்னை நான் மீண்டும் நிரூபிக்க வேண்டிய கட்டாயத்தில் இருக்கிறேன் என்று சொல்லிவிட்டாராம். இதில் டென்ஷனான சமுத்திரக்கனிக்கும் சசிக்கும் வாக்குவாதம் நடந்தாலும், சசியின் முடிவை ஏற்றுக்கொள்வாதாகச் சொல்லிவிட்டாராம் உயிர் நண்பர் சமுத்திரக்கனி. ஆனால் போராளிக்குப் பதில் இப்போதைக்கு வேறு படத்தை இயக்கத் தயாராக இல்லை சமுத்திரக்கனி. மலையாளத்தில் அடுத்தடுத்து மூன்று படங்களில் நடித்துக்கொடுக்க ஒப்புக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார் என்கிறார்கள்.

விரைவில் சசியிடமிருந்து புதுப்பட அறிவிப்பை எதிர்பார்க்கலாம். இந்தப் படத்துக்கு யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா இசையமைக்கப்போகிறார் என்பதுதான் பரபரப்பான செய்தி.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Rediff Interview:

Yuvan Shankar Raja is among the cream of Tamil music composers today. But success hasn't come easily to maestro Ilaiyaraja's younger son. He's had to slog long and hard for it, waiting in the wings even as older brother Karthik Raja made his debut in Tamil cinema.

Starting out at the tender age of 16 for Aravindhan, Yuvan Shankar Raja, the "Youth Icon of Tamil Cinema," has come a long way. The last two years have proven particularly special for him with hits like Paiyya, Naan Mahaan Alla, Baana Kaathadi, Boss Engira Baskaran et al.

Now, he's about to embark on another high-point of his career: The Yuvan Live In Concert, to be held at the YMCA, Nandanam in Chennai January 16 is a first for him.

He has just finished a promo song, I'll Be There For You, helmed by Vishnuvardhan and filmed by Nirav Shah for Vijay TV, and is understandably on a high.

As immersed as he is in preparations for his concert, we snatched a few precious moments with Yuvan for this exclusive chat. Excerpts:

How do you feel, now that you're about to embark on a live concert?

Naturally, I'm very happy, especially because it's happening in Chennai. This is where I was born and brought up, so it's pretty special to me. I have a bond with this place. Besides, it's the Pongal season, a time to celebrate. There hasn't been a big concert for quite a while, except maybe A R Rahman's concert. So maybe its high time another came along.

Would you say that you're following A R Rahman's footsteps, in this case?
    No, absolutely not. I don't follow anyone's footsteps. I make my own way.

Growing up among the many talented celebrities in your family, did you feel the pressure to perform well?

I've always been pretty confident about my abilities, about what I could do, so I didn't have those problems. I believe that I can get what I want. When Dheena happened with Ajith, I had a sixth sense that things would work out. And they did. Things have only gotten better ever since.

You're very comfortable with certain directors like Selvaraghavan, and actors like Simbhu. How does that work?

I really don't put in any sort of special effort. I work the same way with everyone else. Things just work out.

How do you feel when an album of your turns out to be a hit, but the corresponding movie doesn't turn out well?
    I choose a movie on the basis of my availability, dates and the script. But yes, as you say, sometimes, the movie doesn't do too well because it's not just the music that makes it so; it's team work, a lot of people are involved. The director is the one who is at the helm of the project. So when it doesn't do too well, I guess you can't just attribute it to the music.

It's almost become mandatory for you to sing at least one song in all your albums. Is this a sort of sentiment that you follow?

Oh no, not at all. I sing because the directors usually ask me to. It's their wish that I sing in the album, and I accommodate them.

How do you deal with the stress of all the rumours that float around you? About the break of your friendships, and so on?

I never let them affect me. I couldn't function if I did. Yoga helps.

What are your future projects?

Bala's Avan Ivan, Venkat Prabhu's Mankatha, Ameer's Adhi Bhaghavan, and Simbhu's Vaanam.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Kazhugu, an upcoming movie starring Krishna (of alibaba fame), directed by a debutant Sathya Siva. Produced by Pattiyal Sekhar.

படத்தோட இன்னொரு ப்ளஸ் யுவன் இசையமைக்கிறது. கிருஷ்ணாவோட உற்ற தோழனான யுவன், அவரோட முதல் இரண்டு படங்களுக்கு இசைக்க முடியாத நிலையிலிருந்தார். இந்தத் தடவை ரெண்டு பேரும் ஒருத்தரை ஒருத்தர் விடறதா இல்லை. அதனால அவர் பாடல் தரக் காத்திருக்கோம். பாடல்களைப் படம் பிடிச்சா இந்தக் குளுகுளு படம் கோடை விடுமுறைக்கு ரெடியாகிடும்...!”

டைரக்டர் சத்யசிவா நேர்காணல்,
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pathinaru (2010)

Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja

Lyricist: Snehan

Actors: Madhu Shalini, Siva

Director: Sabhapathy

Producer: Shiva Shankar

1. Adada En Meethu
    Singers: Bela Shinde, Hariharan

2. Yaar Solli Kadhal
    Singer: Yuvan Shankar Raja

3.Kaatu Chediku
    Singer: Karthik Raja

4.Vaanam Namadhe
    Singer: Shankar Mahadevan

5.Theme Music
    Singer: Yuvan Shankar Raja

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/#/al...hinaru__2010_/

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maniratnam recommends Yuvan for Bollywood flick

Posted in A R Rahman, Ilayaraja, Mani Ratnam, Yuvan Shankar Raja, gossips on January 21, 2011 1:00 AM / 0 Comments
    Yuvan and Maniratnam together

Yuvan and Maniratnam together

Speculations are ripe of Mani Ratnam joining hands with Ilayaraja for Mani’s upcoming flick Ponniyin Selvan and amidst such rumors there comes another startling discovery.

We heard that Mani Ratnam has recommended Yuvan Shankar Raja for a Bollywood flick, the screenplay and scripting of which has been done by Mani Ratnam himself. A surprising decision by Mani considering the fact that he had earlier parted ways with Ilayaraja and AR Rahman being his only choice till date after their mega success Roja in 1992.

Many will be well aware that Yuvan wants to make it as big as Rahman and the composer would be looking at the opportunity as a stepping stone to fulfill his Hollywood dreams too.

Yuvan would be really glad to get such a recommendation but what has to seen is whether this friendship will mark a new chapter all together.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthie...SG426882-M.jpg

inthala follow panrathu kastama irukke

Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast