Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, he has revealed a few now! Some of the upcoming projects of Yuvan are (Told by yuvan himself)...

> A direct Telugu project of Mahesh Babu
    > Katradhu Thamiz Raam-Siddharth movie in Tamil.
    Last but not the least

> A hindi movie under Maniratnam Production with Vivek Oberoi in lead

Sad news:
    His Sony album is shelved However he is coming up with a new album in less than two years...

All the Best yuvan

Thanks to this fan. He made my day
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    His BGM for Katradhu Tamizh remains my favourite...
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    KT is his career best till date. An album that is close to many yuvan fans and to yuvan himself. Haunting Yuvan's peak!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go!

Mani to work with Yuvan
    IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, June 01, 2010]

Nearly two decades after he parted ways with Illayaraja, ace filmmaker Mani Ratnam will now join hands with the music maestro’s son Yuvan Shankar Raja for a Hindi movie to be produced by Madras Talkies.

Interestingly, Mani will play the producer role alone for this venture, which will be directed by his assistant Shivakumar. The film will have Vivek Oberoi as hero and a top Bollywood actress as the heroine.

Confirming this, Yuvan says, “I have been roped in for a Hindi movie to be produced by Mani Ratnam and directed by Shivakumar. I am excited to be a part of the project. It is going to be a different attempt.”

Meanwhile, sources have it that Mani was earlier planning to direct the film but later handed it over to Shivakumar as he felt his associate would be the right choice to wield the megaphone for this movie.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    Here you go!

Mani to work with Yuvan
    Great news.. but not in his Direction though
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan’s Magic

CT CATCHES UP WITH HOTSHOT COMPOSER YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA, WHO IS ON A HIGH POST PAIYYA...
    SREEDHAR PILLAI Times News Network

Yuvan Shankar Raja is on a song. According to trade reports from the music industry, his Paiyaa has become 2010’s biggest selling audio, and the number one in ringtone sales. The song Thuli Thuli… from Paiyaa has become the first Tamil song to be featured in an all India index of the top 20 songs on radio for the month of April 2010. This is as per the report of a national broadcasting agency which monitors the number of times a song is played on radio. It clearly means the song was played on all FM stations more often than any other song in the history of Tamil film music! CT catches up with Yuvan for an exclusive interview…

• Congratulations! Your song from Paiyaa features among the top 20 songs in India…
    Thanks. It’s a dream come true for me. It means a lot, and clearly indicates the popularity of the Paiyaa album and the Thulli Thulli… number, sung by Haricharan. We have been placed in the same league as that of the recent hit numbers from Hindi films such as Kites, Housefull and Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani.

• How did you compose the songs of Paiyaa?
    Lingusamy is good at narrating a script and when he told me the situation about the hero falling in love at first sight, this tune came immediately to my mind. To be frank, some years back, I saw a beautiful girl while driving in rain and wanted to stop my car and express my love, but unlike our film heroes, I simply didn’t have the guts to express my feelings. The tune that came to my mind at that time is what is now Thuli Thuli… And, Na Muthukumar came up with the meaningful lyrics, which added to the tune’s likeability.

• How do you create such peppy tunes?
    Finding inspiration to make popular music is difficult. For me, the key lies in long drives on the ECR or the OMR. If given an opportunity, I’d love to escape from Chennai to other parts of the world and compose on my laptop. Sometimes in the early hours of the morning, I suddenly wake up, grab my smartphone and key in a tune.

• Do you party a lot?
    (Laughs) The image is partially due to the company I keep, mainly Venkat Prabhu and gang. Now, I hardly party in Chennai, but when I go abroad, I visit the discos, because that is where you get a taste of the music of the place.

• Your detractors say that you’ve become repetitive…
    I always make it a point not to repeat my tunes. However, whatever we do, at some point, every composer becomes monotonous. I make it a point to destroy the tune, sound and technology that went into the making of a particular song. For me, the policy has always been to hunt for new sounds and technology to create new music.

• How do you rejuvenate yourself?
    When I get lost and confused, I listen to my dad’s (Ilaiyaraaja) music which rejuvenates my senses. I’ve created my own playlist which features 25 of my dad’s favourite numbers. I’m also a big fan of John Williams and Frank Sinatra, and closer to home, RD Burman.

யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    SUPER THALAIVA!!!!

YUVAN IS THE REAL MAESTRO!!!!!!and THE REAL GENIOUS OF THE MUSIC!!!!HATS OFF!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The one and only music director wich doesnt repeat his tunes!!!

Music Inventor is non-other than Yuvan!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Permission impossible for Vivek's 'Paki'
    Subhash K Jha , May 20, 2010, 10.15am IST

A second Vivek Oberoi starrer in a year is trying to make its way through the red tapism and government hurdles to be able to shoot where it is located, namely the UK.

Earlier, the Vivek starrer Kurbaan was unable to get consent to shoot in the UK because of the sensitive nature of the subject (global Islamic terrorism). Kurbaan had to be shot in the US.

Now Vivek is again the central actor in Paki, a film that chronicles the rags-to-riches story of an NRI in Britain. Since the screenplay tackles topics such as racial abuse and cultural segregation, including referring to all Asians as “Bloody Pakis”, the British government has apparently taken a skeptical view of the project.

When questioned about this, Vivek replies, “I really don’t have a clue about the issues facing that project. I’m still in Mumbai wrapping up work on Rakta Charitra and prepping for the film to be shot in London. My director Shiva is in London sorting things out.”

Hopefully, in a month when Vivek leaves for the UK, the problems would be sorted out.

Contrary to rumours, Vivek is not playing a character based on either of the two big success stories from India in the UK... Sir Swaraj Paul or Laxmi Mittal.

Laughs Vivek, “No, not at all. He’s someone who has been Mani Sir’s friend for years. He isn’t in the limelight at all. I’ve met him once long ago. Now I plan to spend time with him in England before starting work.”

The Mani Ratnam produced film Paki featuring Vivek Oberoi as an Indian in Britain who overcomes all racial, cultural and economic hurdles to make a success of his life is currently trying to find its way out of a permission-to-shoot snare that may or may not be possible to overcome.

Though Vivek is not saying anything about the role, rumour has it that Vivek will play a real-life restaurateur in Briton who owns a chain of Indian hotels across England. Vivek is apparently learning how to cook for the role.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaha ithukkuagavE Rakta Charitra nallA poganumE

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast