Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Viraajan, I just streamed the album. No doubt that Yuvan sir has delivered something fresh here and because I make I beats I really admire his experimentation between contrasting genres in this album. Every song is different.

My verdict -

Has Yuvan delivered? Yes!
    Has he pushed the boundaries of film music? Yes!
    Have I become a bigger Yuvan fan? Yes, yes and yes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kolaveri inspires Yuvan

Chennai: Emulating a successful trend is a common phenomenon in the film industry. Composer Yuvan Shankar Raja is all set to cash in the success of Tamil song `Kolaveri` by composing and crooning something similar for the movie `Vettai`.

Yuvan`s version of the song is titled `Papparappa`, part of Madhavan-Arya starrer `Vettai`. The peppy dance number, sung by Yuvan himself, will be released officially on Dece 12.

It is learnt from reliable sources that the team of `Vettai` will shoot an in-studio video of the song in the lines of `Kolaveri` and uploaded it on the video sharing website.

"The team felt that this number from the album (which has a total of five songs) has the potential to become a rage. It`s a party number and with Yuvan singing it, we wanted to make it special. We also decided to shoot a video of the song during the recording," said a source.

"It will be shot on Arya, Maddy, director Lingusamy, lyricist Na Muthukumar and Yuvan himself. We are trying to rope in Amala Paul for the video as the song is picturised on her and Arya in the film. We want to make this the `Vettai team song`," added the source.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainme...ion_101661.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolaveri inspires Yuvan

Chennai: Emulating a successful trend is a common phenomenon in the film industry. Composer Yuvan Shankar Raja is all set to cash in the success of Tamil song `Kolaveri` by composing and crooning something similar for the movie `Vettai`.

Yuvan`s version of the song is titled `Papparappa`, part of Madhavan-Arya starrer `Vettai`. The peppy dance number, sung by Yuvan himself, will be released officially on Dece 12.

It is learnt from reliable sources that the team of `Vettai` will shoot an in-studio video of the song in the lines of `Kolaveri` and uploaded it on the video sharing website.

"The team felt that this number from the album (which has a total of five songs) has the potential to become a rage. It`s a party number and with Yuvan singing it, we wanted to make it special. We also decided to shoot a video of the song during the recording," said a source.

"It will be shot on Arya, Maddy, director Lingusamy, lyricist Na Muthukumar and Yuvan himself. We are trying to rope in Amala Paul for the video as the song is picturised on her and Arya in the film. We want to make this the `Vettai team song`," added the source.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainme...ion_101661.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajapattai song list

01. Podi Paiyyan Polave…Singers: Haricharan
    Lyricis: Yuga Bharathi

02. Villaathi Villan…Singers: Mano, Malathi

03. Paniye Paniye…Singers: Javed Ali, Renuka

04. Laddu Laddu Rendu Laddu…Singers: Vikram, Priyadharshini, Suchitra

http://www.tamilkey.info/rajapattai-2011.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Viraajan, I just streamed the album. No doubt that Yuvan sir has delivered something fresh here and because I make I beats I really admire his experimentation between contrasting genres in this album. Every song is different.

My verdict -

Has Yuvan delivered? Yes!
    Has he pushed the boundaries of film music? Yes!
    Have I become a bigger Yuvan fan? Yes, yes and yes
    Welcome to the club

Yes, the two songs in RP has superb orchestration. The veenai interlude in Laddu is really awesome!

But tune fails big time! Yuvan really lacks in this area. Needs to improve in giving catchy tune that readily impresses... With a not-impressive tune, the orchestration will go unnoticed only! ungala madiri, enna madiri yaravadhu ketta than undu

Anyway, Podi paiyan is the pick! Haricharan-Yuvan combo has done it again!

What the album misses very badly is Na. Muthukumar!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vettai Single is out on Youtube!

யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.saavn.com

Available for online listen. Search for "Vettai"!

Dham dham song is very nice! Absolute pick right now!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cepark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work..
    Thomas A. Edison (1846 - 1931)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damma Damma Damma Damma and Thaiyath Thakka Thakka are the most engrossing songs I've heard from Yuvan sir's repertoire this year. He has the calibre but sadly doesn't display consistency in this. I always wait for that one OOTW song that he brings out every blue moon and this time not only have I been swept off my feet but also completely blown away by surprise. The carnatic keerthi portion in Damma Damma Damma Damma is soulfully relaxing to say the least. The other songs are so so but I'm not complaining as I could listen to these two on loop for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to all songs!

Undoubtedly Dham Dham is the pick! Very simple and catchy tune for which the orchestration is very grand... The clap sound (which has become regular in all Yuvan's recent albums) is too good! This song is sure to become a big hit! The second interlude

Kattipudi and Thaiya thakka are good numbers too... Orchestration is bit dominant in the latter. If that was taken care, the song would have come out really well...

The blend of Aandal Paasuram in Damma Damma is very pleasant to hear

Pappappa - Already discussed. Barring the Vaichukkava resemblance, the song is very catchy and I'm liking it.

After disappointed by one/two hit wonders like Kazhugu, RP, I'm much satisfied with Vettai. Fallen, mainly for the energetic and lively orchestration, catchy hooks, and very nice singer selection!

Na Muthukumar-ku romba velai vaikkala indha padathula
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast