Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the Last Ilaiyaraja song you listened to? - Part 2.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Watched udhiri pookkal in uteeb. Azgauye kanne aaamikkarachE...tears in eyes. I am used to writing that a movie welled me up but this wasn't that. I was like thembi thembi, shedding buckets. Family got alarmed and came running into the room

Raja-mahendran - kalai-na idhu dhaanya
    andha DVDyai adhukku bayandhe yaarum illaadha raathirila paakura vazhakkam. sila scenes irukku - nenachaale azhugai varum.
    Mahanadhi padamlaam paarthaa dhaan azugai varum, but indha padathil varum sila scenesai nenachaale manasu valikkudhu.

kurippaa rendu scenes...
    1. saaga pora thaaikku pasanga nadu raathirila paal oothara scene is absolutely heart breaking.
    2. Adhukkaparam, Vijayan marries again and he is blasted by his erstwhile sis in law for neglecting children - he walks towards his house and sees his children on the street and haja sheriff does a 'Good morning salute' along with Baby Anju - andha edathula Raaja voda BGM and Vijayan's expressions - for a brief while he becomes human and his hard heart melts for a small while - andha idam ennai romba azha vechadhu - subsequent scene where the new wife of Vijayan watches baby anju giving his elder brother a bath - I could not take it any more. After full thaembal, resumed watching the movie - indha padathai pause, play button illaamal paarthavargalai nenachu viyakkiren.
    Just reading these posts brings those scenes to the forefront and along with it tears too. Man, that movie had and still has such an impact. I watched it when no one was at home and I enjoyed it to my hearts content (tears filled up to my hearts content too )

I had been moved to tears when watching some Sivaji's or Kamal's movies but that was mainly due to their acting. In the case of UP, it was much more deeper than that and the tears that came were usually uncontrollable (as Jai said thembi thembi).

Uthiri Pookal is definitely something to be watched alone and without any sort of interruption.
    Guys, thanks for sharing all these, especially picking up particular scenes

After searching few years, I finally got to see Udhiri Pookal 3 yrs back. Actually watched Ek Duje Ke Liye and Udhiri Pookal back to back I think(talk about a tearjerker Saturday afternoon ). Must admit that I really hardened my heart a lot to sit through the movie even though I had reached a stage in life where Action is always the preferred choice in place of tears.

I must confess that in spite of the many thousands of hours listening to IR's works, Udhiri Pookal BGM makes you feel you are discovering IR for the first time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shivamallipoove from Friends (Malayalam) is another lovely song. Chitra's vocals are really sweet in this song and the alignment with the melody is perfect. The chords in this song are very enjoyable...seems simple enough, on surface, but are a treat to listen. One thing I love about this song is the minimalist but highly effective orchestration. To summarize, I think it is a very stylishly composed song...all class!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shank,
    song kaeka link pl.....
    Usha Sankar

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usha, this was one of the links I could find. However, if you listen to the song in better quality (CD), it sounds even more awesome

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malaya...p?mid=M0000208

Post Thanks / Like
    Shank,
    Thanks for the link.
    paatai kaekaren. Excellent no....

KSC voice - Mesmorising......

Prelude - Extrtarodinary.....
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to hear the news (from TF section) that Cochin Haneefa is dead

A seasoned actor who could do comedy / villainy and other support roles without much ado, he brought a very special appeal with his screen presence.

For most of his directorial ventures in TF, he chose IR and I just listened to my top fav from this combo:

தென் பாண்டித்தமிழே, என் சிங்காரக்குயிலே (பாசப்பறவைகள்)

What a sweet song!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Sad to hear the news (from TF section) that Cochin Haneefa is dead

A seasoned actor who could do comedy / villainy and other support roles without much ado, he brought a very special appeal with his screen presence.

For most of his directorial ventures in TF, he chose IR and I just listened to my top fav from this combo:

தென் பாண்டித்தமிழே, என் சிங்காரக்குயிலே (பாசப்பறவைகள்)

What a sweet song!
    oh. Rip..
    Mahanadhi - character ai maraka mudiyuma....
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Unna vida - Virumandi

wat a soulful composition......
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Shank,

The last two songs you posted here are absolute gems. I remember one of our hubbers, rajaalltheway, once telling me that 'Kiliye Kiliye' was as good as 'Thumbi Vaa' and I couldn't disagree.

I have by now posted so many times in different forums and have told so many people (including one friend last weekend) that I am afraid to praise 'Shivamallipoove' any more What a tune, what an orchestration. As you said very minimal and very effective. It is in Malayalam that Raja demonstrates how effective synth can be used. This song and 'manjulum raatri' are outstanding examples. And oh yes, 'sharadendu paadi' as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    suresh,
    sharadendu paadi - link veumae..
    Usha Sankar

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast