Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Recollecting old TV serials

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Soccer_gal,
    If I'm not mistaken, I think its KB's serial "Kaiyalavu Manasu".The mother charactor done by actress Geetha & others like Ramesh Arvind,Kasturi,Prakash raj & premi Renuka.

Regards.
    Live is Short so Make Is Sweet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you soo much! That definitely must be the drama I'm talking about. I've been wanting to figure out for years what happened in the end of it. I remember how the last cassette of the drama was messed up therefore I never found out the ending.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    S Ve Shekar's dramas are a worth talking here too! normally they come during Diwali and Pongal seasons those times ! Hilarious comedies !

Kaialavu manasu la oru kodai romba naala keezha vizhundhu kittu irundhudhu adhu keezha vizhundhuchaa ... theriyala just kidding
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    Kaialavu manasu la oru kodai romba naala keezha vizhundhu kittu irundhudhu adhu keezha vizhundhuchaa ... theriyala just kidding
    hahaha I remember that now! Now that's the umbrella thing they always kept showing.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer_gal
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    hahaha I remember that now! Now that's the umbrella thing they always kept showing.
    They showed the umbrella falling down to symbolically show that Geetha's husband falls to his death from a tall building. And they later kept repeating this shot, maybe to depict how her life situation had fallen down ...

Post Thanks / Like
    good keep it up
    Mam

Post Thanks / Like

YG Mahendran

Yes, As my previous poster said, there was in murder mystery thriller
    YG Mahendran

I remember the climax, flood lights potu pidipaanga the real culprit

He used to go search of church father, who would have expired. Sema thriller

Kolaiyudhir kaalam - Monday 12-12:30
    GPR Drama's Every tuesday.

Atha yaarala markka mudiyum, Antha 2 weeks munnadi drama visharchiu, edhiroli [letters from viewers], varumm
    athula keppanga "Antha nadagathula, gadigaaram, [Clock] 8:30 laiye katitu irundichu.

Novels adapted
    Malgudi days
    THuppariyum Saambu,
    Alai osai
    Srirangathu kadhaigal

Fiction
    Chandrakantha
    Heman
    Invisible Man - DD2 wed
    Chanakya

Educational
    Turning Point
    UGC programmes

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thread bringing back the memories..!

I remember TV drama 'Vaali vadham' - a stage drama being played in which a character on-stage is shot at but the chief guest in the audience dies..! They used to show this as the teaser trailer.

Dramas by Leo Prabhu and Agusto were good....there was one drama in which SR Sivagami is bed-ridden and her husband character suffers a heart- attack, the way SR Sivagami recites 'Kaaka kaaka kanagavel kaaka' from the bed still gives me goosebumps...! Those were the days...!

YGM had a comedy serial 'Ambigapathi'... he also had a crime thriller 'Saththiyama Solren'....
    another murder mystery 'Iruttil Oru vaanambaadi' played in the 2nd channel, if my memory serves right... the rise of 'Metro' Priya (wonder where she is now)... I remember the poignant ending of the jail-based seriel 'Dhaagam' in which the main character is hanged but symbolically shown to run away from the prison with everyone just watching him...!

Does anyone remember Kamal hassan acting in one of the Deepavali special programs? I also remember him singing 'Inji iduppazhagi' in an Illayaraaja stage show telecast during that Deepavali. 'Malarum Ninaivugal' was one awesome program interviewing all the cine artistes..!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all ,the drama king vj refers was done by kamal for innaguration function of colour transmision of DD chennai program 1n 1985.
    Last edited by mohsar; 21st September 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: missed coma

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakthi serial was sun's first mega.It was aired at 9:30 Pm .

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast