Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Recollecting old TV serials

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Poppoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narayanan
    One of the songs is the serial songs thread ('indha veenaikku theriyadhu'), that was the title song. there was one more song 'uravum illadhadhu', thats what i requested in that thread (for which you replied me
    ~~~~~mohanraman, enakku pidicha villain'a avatar'a potta. enna kelavan aakiteengale
    Small correction buddy... 'Uravum illadhadhu' was the title song and 'Indha veenaiku teriyadhu' is a main song in the serail sung once by Chitra & then by KJ... Its the song that tells the story... its a beautiful song that i remebered recorde from tv to our first two-in-one.. I used to listen to it time and again...I'll post the lyrics to the extent I remember in the other tread...
    This is a great tread that brings back my memories of those old quality serials.... there are very few today of the same quality today.. Over the years I would say, serials and subject have gone from bad to worse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Poppoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mohanraman
    Hello friends,
    I was stunned to see this topic ....just this morning I was talking to one of chennai's news dailies for constantly misquoting/mis crediting people for tv serials...an article stated that the first mega serial was shakti when it actually was "vizhuthugal".....I am planning to write an article on the television serial scene's history and will be greatful if someone knowledgeable or blessed with an elephantine memory, as some of you seem to be, to let us know the years of Junoon...wasn't it the first mega, albeit being dubbed...or were there precursors to it.....mahabharath and ramayan were also major crazes....AVM did one with Raghuvaran on drug addiction....can I have years please , it will help me....I dont think DD will have or give any info.....I am planning to contact Hansavision the producers of vizhuthugal....my friend Ponds Bala was its brainchild and executive producers.....one of television's unsung heroes.
    Hi Mohanram! I was eqauly exited when I came across this topic just this morning... And even more exited to have you in the post... you are a gifted artist found by KB sir... he has molded you and many a number of artist to near perfection.. kudos...
    BTW.. I guess "Buniyad" was the first mega serial in our indian TV serial history... Then we had "Darpan" .. that was in the late 80's.. If memory serves me right
    "Junoon" started only in the early 90's.. those days DD had a great number of great serails... Cinevista’s Junoon was the first serial to be dubbed in Tamil. intrestingly when i searched the net this morning.. I find that they are going revive this serail... by jumpind to over 34 years when they stopped..

First Drug addict serail in india TV history was "Subha" again story by Shivashakari...a gifted writer we should be proud of

Tamil serials started very late that the hindi serials...
    other nice hindi serals of those yester years I remember are:
    "Nukkad" - A serial based on a bombay eco-backward colony... A lot time I used to wonder if Amir got the base idea for lagan from one of the episods in this serails.. One of the best serials

"Life Line" - A hospital based sotry introducing Tanvi Azmi. A great serial

"Tamaz" - Ompuri and the pregnent lady character I don't remember her name trying to cross the border duirng partition.. its an epic..

"Wha Janab" - Debut serial for our famous shekar suman

I'll keep adding to this as and when I recollect...

Keep up the great work folks...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a serial on TV in 1997. It was a ghost story and one of the actress was Reha. Anyone knows the name of the serial?

Did anyone watched Tharaiyil Irangum Vimaanangal. Indumathi's story and Raguvaran acted.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess! Is 'Vizhudhugal' was the first Mega-serial?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    My guess! Is 'Vizhudhugal' was the first Mega-serial?
    rahu vamsam
    - mega serial -with jey ganesh - may be 1st serial
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    - Oorvasi Kalyanam " KB.s serial
    Sarth babu and renuka ...
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    walrus: That was 'Flight 172'. An excellent one by Mouli. Who can ever forget the flight scene where he describes 'naadhswaram' to a north indian.
    I heard it was his debut drama effort while working in Ponds. One of the greatest comedy writers in TN.
    I vaguely remember another one of his 'Ammaavaasai', in which there's a hilarious scene where tries to commit suicide.

Can we recollect more such scenes?
    Yes I too recollect it : quite hilarious , esp the way he speaks Thanglish to the north indian !

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    How about KBs first small screen padaippu ... guess it was Rayil shehangal ...... with Sarath babu i guess
    Wasnt it called "Rayil Payanangalil" ? or is the latter one a movie ?
    and i think it was nizhalgal ravi not sarath babu ....
    a/w it was a well made serial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it was Reyil Sneham only, not payanam

And it was Nizhalgal Ravi
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the name of this drama...it's like from 11 or 12 years ago.

It was about a lady whose husband died because he fell from their balacony I think during a rain..I remember how they kept focusing on the umbrella alot o_O
    Then she had to raise her 3 children (2 daughters and a son) but I think she was too poor so she left them at an orphanage.

Then the drama moves forward like 10 years or something where she sees her children who are now adults.

The actor who played her son was Ramesh Arvind (guy from Duet) and actress Deviyani played the lady who adapted one of her daughters.

The drama wasn't pretty long it was like 10 cassettes or something.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast