Thread: Recollecting old TV serials

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    JG, T
    you have brought to mind a number of old memories. Firstly T, I am not sure whether you want the opening part of Rail Sneham or the second half. I know the first half but since the second half happened in the summer of 1990, I missed the last few episodes due to powercuts
    Same reason I missed out the ending of Galatta Kudumbam in 1989.
    JG,
    Who is ARS? Can you throw more info on when that Laxmi/ARS serial came up? which day?
    Are you referring to Telefun when you mentioned the german serial? Telefan was a production of Transtel television and used to be relayed on Thursdays and Saturdays 7 PM in 1985-86.
    The other serial you mentioned is of course Didi's Comedy Show(The Nonstop Nonsense) which was relayed in Apr-Jun 1986 Saturdays 330. Though I watched all of it, I dont recollect the incidents you mentioned. Probably too small to understand. There was one episode where the guy is a goalkeeper and manages to catch shots through luck. Finally he takes a goalie kick and his long ranger finds the opposite net!
    Here is Crazy had a superb run on Friday 730 in early 1986.

Does anyone remember Vadivel Vaathiyaar(1991)? There is a guy who leads a school strike when Mr.Vadivel, a Gandhian, is fired from the school. I think he is the same guy who appears in Bhagyaraj's movie Sundarakaandham(When Bhagya enters his first class and checks the chair and table, one guy gets up and asks "Sir, enna Sir first day-ve ippadi sandhega padreenga?") Both the serial and movie were made at the same phase since during one scene of the movie, you find the blackboard behind Bhagya showing the date as 15-10-1991.

Anyone remembers Delhi Ganesh's Gandhi Vesham drama, a regular on Gandhi Jayanthi?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement