Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recollecting old TV serials

Senior Member Regular Hubber mohanraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello friends,
    I was stunned to see this topic ....just this morning I was talking to one of chennai's news dailies for constantly misquoting/mis crediting people for tv serials...an article stated that the first mega serial was shakti when it actually was "vizhuthugal".....I am planning to write an article on the television serial scene's history and will be greatful if someone knowledgeable or blessed with an elephantine memory, as some of you seem to be, to let us know the years of Junoon...wasn't it the first mega, albeit being dubbed...or were there precursors to it.....mahabharath and ramayan were also major crazes....AVM did one with Raghuvaran on drug addiction....can I have years please , it will help me....I dont think DD will have or give any info.....I am planning to contact Hansavision the producers of vizhuthugal....my friend Ponds Bala was its brainchild and executive producers.....one of television's unsung heroes.
    Entertainment starts where reality ends???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that "Balachandarin chinna thirai" was KB's first for Sun TV (this was my introduction to tv as well) and raghuvamsam sun's first mega.....mega's were then consigned to the afternoon as it was for "ladies" only....might be worth the while to check out when or around when the'cable' phenomenon caught fire......people with dish antenna's used to watch santa barbara and the bold & the beautiful----(it is still going strong on star tv).

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber nacdaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone remember the following hindi serials

Shakthi - Take off on star trek ...

Indra dhanush - Time travel concept( take off on back to the future).

In tamil - I loved pagalil or iravu... Good murder mystery.

Does anyone remember this hindi serial called Quile ka rahasya ..brilliantly taken serial with a baaaad ending.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber nacdaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here in the u.s there is a channel called TV Land that re telecasts old televisions serials. It would be really nice if some one did something like that in India. Also the concept of coming out with DVDs . I recently bought Flight 172 and Maadhu Cheenu.. What riot!!!! It was great seeing those serials after such a long time...

Post Thanks / Like
    " AVM did one with Raghuvaran on drug addiction" -- This was based on a shivasankari's novel . Salim ghouse the villain of movies like chinna gounder ..vetri vizha brilliantly potrayed the other protagonist opposite to raghuvaran

Post Thanks / Like
    I recall the avm serial's name - oru manithanin kathai.- on drug addicts etc

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the first serial was Premee in Sun TV, although I havent seen it. Since we did'nt have SUN TV until 98. Premee started somewhere around 1992 and Vizhudhugal came later that year I suppose.

Most of the longer serials in Doordarshan were'nt longer than 6 months or 1 year and that too they were weekly episodes unlike the dailies of today.
    ~~~~~~
    I totally disagree that people are the reasons for the recent torturous megaserials. Well how many people saw Junoon daily. I remember not seeing many episodes and yet the story moved only inches from where I left
    ~~~~~~
    I do remember that name Oru Manidhanin Kadhai, totally forgot who acted in it and all.

I remember Karippu Manigal with Senthamarai, Vadivukarasi and Livingston(screen debut ?) about a fishing dependent beachside hamlet.

There was a serial by Kutti Padmini in Tamil, forgot the story. But it came around the same time they had Sunghursh running on Hindi DD at 930pm or something

mega's were then consigned to the afternoon as it was for "ladies" only
    One of the last known thrillers I remember seeing in DD 'Kolayudhirkalam' was relayed at 1230-1pm slot on weekdays THats why I missed so many episodes of it

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know Junoon was the first serial ,abeit dubbed.It was telecasted on DD2before that I guess we just had one TV channel(immpossible to imagine now ).Sun started off as a parttime channel (6-9) in the evenings.Dont remember Premi serial..but do remember Vizhuthugal.Shakthi came in much later.I fondly remember
    Rail sneham,
    Pagalil oru nilavu
    Penn
    Kai alavu manasu
    Vidathu karuppu and
    swarna regai and such.
    Alai oosai
    Oru manidhanin kadhai(story of a drunkard)
    Does anyone remember the hindi serials.
    Buniyaad(dont remember much of the story just that I enjoyed the serial)

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber goldkiddo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kathadi ramamurthy's ayya amma ammamma is one play that I really enjoyed on dd. Must be in the mid 80's I think.

Funny dialogues like, where the wife says 'pesama samayalkararai kalayanam paninduirukalam" and kathadi replies, 'athu mudiyathu, avaruku erkanavey kalyanam ayiduchu'

and the way he goes on mumbling " indian economy is the best economy" when his wife makes him study for an officer's exam
    Really hilarious and unforgettable.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was'nt there a series by the name 'Panju Pattu Peethambaram' or something similar ? It was a comedy serial with a sad ending, if I remember it right.
    Paani bhujaye pyaas, baaki sab bakwaas. Clear hai ?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast