Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The Raaja of Erotica

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    "Maadiyeri vaama TV paakkalaam" (Per Sollum Pillai) - magic in the rhythm and bass-lines.
    Brilliance
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, not many songs come in this genre nowadays, it is all lost in time. But how many we got from Maestro. I think I had written only one in SPB-IR thread from Chinna Veedu. Sure, will try to write more, whatever I can.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thedi Vantha Devathaiye

After S.Janaki, she is the girl. Shreya Goshal What a sexy voice n singing, Erotic

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    Thedi Vantha Devathaiye

After S.Janaki, she is the girl. Shreya Goshal What a sexy voice n singing, Erotic
    Agree! Though I *detest* the choice of KGunjawala there, Shreya hits the right emotions there! and Raaja executed the song well, in terms of instrumentation. Never watched the song though and i dont intend to. I just love the guitars that he backs up with, during the vocal portions! Killer modernity!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Agree! Though I *detest* the choice of KGunjawala there, Shreya hits the right emotions there! and Raaja executed the song well, in terms of instrumentation. Never watched the song though and i dont intend to. I just love the guitars that he backs up with, during the vocal portions! Killer modernity!
    Aakash, this is one of my favorite in PS but i do not know why most of the people are not like this song
    Music Unities Everyone

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devaraagam,

Thats because it is slightly unusual. Its not a comfortable melody such as Kannai Padithen. The synth grooves that open Thedi Vantha are unusual of Raaja. One can expect to find such stuff in the songs of other composers but thats something unexpected from raaja. So, raaja fans who are critical of such stuff in other composers' music will find it inconvenient here. Then people might dislike the choice of singer here - KGunjawala. I am one of them. But nevertheless, the tune of the song is amazing. Raaja gets the mood so well. And the percussions are so different. And Raaja too used loops in this song (though he himself might complain about loops usage) but then, they are all cleverly hidden under the beauty of the tune, the guitars, the way Shreya emotes. Its a fine package.. hidden in the garb of taboo. Staunch fans (who worship his 80s/90s output) might not like this song and thats fine. They have their valid reasons.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    from 0.52. ithuvum erotica thaane

btw, good song!

Can someone (prefereably hardcore Kamal fans who are good at editing) re-edit this thing with Kamal (Rajini acceptable, nothing less) and propagate it to the younger generation and feed them with the falsified history?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raja of Erotica , Devadhai oru devadhai sounds similar to Kora kagas Tha ( Aradhana ). Quite possible as Raja is a fan of S.D.B. Could be inspiration largely ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Can someone (prefereably hardcore Kamal fans who are good at editing) re-edit this thing with Kamal (Rajini acceptable, nothing less) and propagate it to the younger generation and feed them with the falsified history?

You mean, remove the video and put a kamal song with same audio?!?
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    This is gonna be a perma thread.
    The list you have mentioned is not strictly erotica.. There are those 'Om Namahas' and 'Meendum meendum vaas' waiting to thump this list down and make it longer and ever longer.
    Beyond the mukkals and munagals and exaggerated voice acting that needs to accompany any Silk Smitha or Jayamalini number, Raja goes bonkers with his instrumentation. It gets zanny, splits and mixes genres and oozes a kind of sensuality that is possible when there is a biologically active man and woman in the appropriate mood.
    Classic example #1: Vaazha vaikkum kaadhalukku J - the prelude will tell even an alien with just ears what is abt to follow.
    Classic eg.,#2: Sivaraathiri - thanks to the days when all the saffron activists were not active - a word sivarathiri was let off - not anymore folks..

Classic Example #3 - the most classy of them all - use chaste carnatic for a very dicey situation in a bedroom - Thalayai kuniyum thaamaraye from Oru Odai nadhiyaagiradhu - Reethigowlai finds its ultimate use in bedroom except for the female voice everything in this song is meant for one single purpose.

Classic Example #4 - from the same movie - Thendral ennai muththamittadhu - very delicate loaded melody sung by krishnachandar - the use of carnatic arrangements mixed with rockish elements in the right doses strangely does the trick - This stuff should be patented for its valuable medicinal use.

Accidentally came here! Pretty good list and i just lovvvvv "thenral ennai muthamittathu" and "thalaiyai kuniyum thaamariyE"!
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526