Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marrying more than once is legally wrong. So courts will not say that. Thanks for your understanding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Marrying more than once is legally wrong.
    There may be sub-clauses to it (certain religious groups / celebrities etc are exempt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Kushboo should've been imprisoned for her statements. Is it ?
    Who said that she should be imprisoned?

Why are you making your own statements and make it look like others made it?

You are manipulating the argument by claiming some unnecessary statements!
    thamiz, in my post I had quoted Mrs.PP's statement. My question was based on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PP
    If the court had stopped with just passing the judgement about the legality of the wonderful person's wonderful statements one would have had nothing to complain besides silently concluding the corrupt levels of money power.
    Hence my question
    Quote Originally Posted by PR
    Oh ! So even if the SC had just dismissed the case saying there was no legal ground to punish, it would still be because of corruption !? i.e. if there was 'justice' in the judiciary, Kushboo should've been imprisoned for her statements. Is it ?
    It was a "question" about what your stand was ? Why do you take it as a statement, much more something which I am attributing to you !

If the answer is : "not imprisonment but 'a strong censuring' would do", then great ; I thank God for these small mercies.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like someone to ask MK the same question - if he answers true to his heart, my assesment is that he will say the exact same thing as Khushboo!
    What is the point here ? That Khushboo is a soft target. If so, then point taken. But of course, in the Hub MK is a soft target and one must try and figure a Hub holy cow. That's a digression we can do without.

Post Thanks / Like
    That and my theory that mk is a liberal trapped in the conservative environment thanks to the compulsions of vote politics and playing to the gallery

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kushboo should've been imprisoned for her statements. Is it ?
    Who said that she should be imprisoned?

Why are you making your own statements and make it look like others made it?

You are manipulating the argument by claiming some unnecessary statements!
    thamiz, in my post I had quoted Mrs.PP's statement. My question was based on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PP
    If the court had stopped with just passing the judgement about the legality of the wonderful person's wonderful statements one would have had nothing to complain besides silently concluding the corrupt levels of money power.
    I dont see PP suggesting for imprisonment or for hanging her!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like someone to ask MK the same question - if he answers true to his heart, my assesment is that he will say the exact same thing as Khushboo!
    What is the point here ? That Khushboo is a soft target. If so, then point taken. But of course, in the Hub MK is a soft target and one must try and figure a Hub holy cow. That's a digression we can do without.
    Why this digression is allowed??

Oh, it is about MK!

Not about Kamalahassan or Gemini Ganeshan?

Post Thanks / Like
    That and my theory that mk is a liberal trapped in the conservative environment thanks to the compulsions of vote politics and playing to the gallery
    Why are you bringing up MK? He is an easy target in this forum moderated "carefully"?

Talk about Gemini Ganeshan and his extraordinary marital and love life! I am saying because he is a BELIEVER!

And you all support the love life of nidhyanandhaa and sankaracharaya and not MK?

Why do you always support one kind?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see PP suggesting for imprisonment or for hanging her!
    Which is why I was "asking" instead of "stating".

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything apart, one of things I have been trying to think of is a situation like this:

A- think of something vilely morally repugnant but not illegal according to the prevalent law
    B - suppose someone says A is 'okay' and cases pile up
    C- SC dismisses cases saying "don't bother me, there is no legal question here"

Then what would my reaction be ? I am stuck at A

So quite truly this means I am not as truly liberal and tolerant as I like to think I am. My world isn't changing topsy turvy now that I am outraged. Which means I shall have my comeuppance years later from changes that exceed my current powers of imagination.

I can never cease to wonder about the amazing clarity in Nehru's statement in a letter to Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehru
    It is all very well for the likes of me to talk about tolerance in matters of religion when I have no religion to speak of. But touch me on a subject close to me and you will find little tolerance there. After all, who can be more stubborn than you are Bapu on certain issues.

The truth is, real tolerance does not exist. What we do not value, we make a virtue of tolerating in others.

Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast