Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The news shared by sivank saddened me immensely and the "nanda' movie style justice measure is my best choice also.
    After reading the newspapers this morning I realise with the globe having shrunk to a village size in this wonderful era of communications all waves and trends sweep round the globe and we have to watch, worry and wish well for the whole world as one zone with no barriers or fences across.
    Today's Times of India, Mumbai gives gory details of 'US teen sells 7-year-old stepsister for sex', 'School girl abused by classmates in UK'(6 year-old British girl was physically and sexually abused by23 of her classmates of the same age).
    As yet we do not have this step sister in great numbers, but will soon have with increasing divorces and remarriages.
    Now with our eagerness to acclimatise/condone premarital sex and living together arrangements what are we having in store for us in the coming years?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If opposing Kushboo in a very big manner is one extreme, then the judgment looks like is trying to touch another extreme. To maintain balance?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    The news shared by sivank saddened me immensely and the "nanda' movie style justice measure is my best choice also.
    After reading the newspapers this morning I realise with the globe having shrunk to a village size in this wonderful era of communications all waves and trends sweep round the globe and we have to watch, worry and wish well for the whole world as one zone with no barriers or fences across.
    Today's Times of India, Mumbai gives gory details of 'US teen sells 7-year-old stepsister for sex', 'School girl abused by classmates in UK'(6 year-old British girl was physically and sexually abused by23 of her classmates of the same age).
    As yet we do not have this step sister in great numbers, but will soon have with increasing divorces and remarriages.
    Now with our eagerness to acclimatise/condone premarital sex and living together arrangements what are we having in store for us in the coming years?
    Feb 14, 2012 - news

1. A guy was caught when raping a 20 year young girl's dead body

2. 4 guys were caught while raping robo-girl

3. 8 year school boy was sexually abused by three 40years madhikka thakka mens
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi A.R!!!!

How are you? New Avatar, name?

The unnecessary focus on Kushboo and her personal, though equally unnecessarily publicised views have unfortunately dragged dirt up!

People against her expressing such views were concerned about the culture decline.

Avanga atha pesaama vittiruntha, it would have been just another person trying to make some sensational statement!

Atha viduaama, mela mela protest panna, SC varaikkum poi...ippo, even those who didnt think about it have been forced into thinking about it!

Enna kodumai ithu!

Summa iruntha sangu, thaan!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Actually, if one goes by this report, the SC has to focus on whether the ex-actress was correct or not in "stating her opinion" (on anything). Or whether the tons of "criminal cases" accepted against her in the various TN courts are idiotic or not!

That should be an open and shut case, regardless of the issue being discussed

Neither the HC nor the SC has done that but keep focusing on an entirely different topic
    app, we both agree that the cases wasted precious judiciary time. The line argument the counsel was making was: her comments promoted 'perceived immoral activities'. In comprehensively dismissing them thus, the court has set a strong precedent. Next time if someone makes statements people won't go knocking on the doors of the judiciary because it is clear it is not a punishable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by SC
    At the most it is a personal view. How is it an offence? Under which provision of the law?”
    There endeth the case !
    I would have liked it if those who filed the cases were fined and made to bear court expenses. A pity that wasn't done.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    If the court had stopped with just passing the judgement about the legality of the wonderful person's wonderful statements one would have had nothing to complain besides silently concluding the corrupt levels of money power.
    Oh ! So even if the SC had just dismissed the case saying there was no legal ground to punish, it would still be because of corruption !? i.e. if there was 'justice' in the judiciary, Kushboo should've been imprisoned for her statements. Is it ?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even more than the impassioned pleas against Khushboo's statement, what I find really <amusing/disturbing/annoying - depending on my mood> is that even those who consider the discussion on it a waste of time are questioning the locus standi of Khushboo to comment on "Tamil Culture". Well, she has as much locus standi as us. Oh yeah, அது ஒரு கருத்து. It is as valid as yours or mine.

Personal attacks on her, on the basis of her thoughts on this issue - implications that she is somehow "morally bankrupt" are mere holier-than-thou stances. And that blogger posting a kavarchi still of Khusboo and implicating that the still discredits any thoughts she might have on pre-marital sex - that only shows the blogger in bad light.

I am reminded of the story of the munivar and the pros...ute.
    p.s; My signature is a coincidence - not created after the discussion on this issue.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    இது போன்ற விவாதங்களில் வார்த்தைகள் தீவிரமும் அமிலத்தன்மையுமே அதிகரிக்கின்றது. ப்ளம் அவர்கள் சொல்வது போல, எந்த ஒரு நடிகையைப் பற்றிய கவர்ச்சிப்படங்களும் தேவைக்கு அதிகமான வார்த்தைப் பிரயோகங்களும், எழுதுபவரின், அல்லது எழுத்தின் கலாச்சாரத்தை பரை சாற்றுகிறது.

கலாச்சாரம் என்பது உடலுறவு சம்பந்தபட்டது மட்டுமே அன்று. அளவான, அழகான, இதமான, நல்ல, பேச்சும், செய்கையும், சிந்தனையும், செயல்களும் சேர்த்தே ஒட்டுமொத்த கலாச்சாரம் ன்னு ஆகும்.

இதன் படி பார்த்த கலாச்சாரம் எங்கயோ எப்பயோ பல பேர்கிட்டயும் காணாம போச்சு. எதை வச்சுகிட்டு, குய்யோ முய்யோன்னு கத்திகிட்டும் பேசிகிட்டும் இருக்கோம் ன்னு தெரியல.

Post Thanks / Like
    A very wild thought - there have been innumerable movies where some girl gets pregnant before marriage. How come the same cultural advocates did not move the court to ban such movies?

If Kushboo made a statement for publicity - she got it. I can imgine her reading this thread and laughing to herself about how gullible the common man is

Rajan
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast