Page 374 of 376 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kirsten quits SA job effective August

Gary Kirsten has decided not to renew his contract as South Africa coach, which ends in August, to be able to spend more time with his family. The Champions Trophy in England in June will be his last assignment with the South Africa side, which he led to to the top of the Test rankings.

Kirsten was appointed in August 2011 for a two-year period, with the option to renew it for a further two years. His contract required him to inform CSA by April 30 this year whether he wished to exercise that option.

"Gary has a young family and it is understandable that he wishes to spend more time at home," Chris Nenzani, the CSA president and chairman, said. "I would like to thank him for his tremendous contribution to the wellbeing of the Proteas over the past two years. It is obvious to all of us, whether we have been close to the Proteas or simply fans watching from the stands, the standard of excellence that he has brought to our national team and it will be wonderful if he can complete his tenure by bringing home the ICC Champions Trophy next month.

"With the team due to tour Sri Lanka in July and August and Pakistan in November and important home series coming up against India and Australia next season it is important that we move quickly to identify his successor."

Nenzani said CSA would try to utilise Kirsten's experience in some other capacity. "Gary certainly leaves the Proteas in good health and, although we are disappointed to lose him as head coach, he has put the foundations in place to carry us forward. We will certainly endeavour to retain his services in some capacity as his experience as player, coach and mentor is not something we want to lose in its entirety."

"I would like to thank Cricket South Africa for the confidence they showed in entrusting me with the fortunes of the national team," Kirsten said. "It has been a huge privilege to represent my country as player and coach and to have been given the responsibility of growing the team.

"I would particularly like to thank Cricket South Africa for allowing me the flexibility to combine my coaching job with my family life during my tenure.

"There have been many highlights over the past two years which have been well documented and I have every confidence that the Proteas will continue to go from strength to strength."

South Africa's bowling coach Allan Donald hoped Kirsten's tenure would end with a Champions Trophy title. "I spoke to Gary personally a couple of days ago and I respect his decision 100%," he told ESPNcricinfo. "At the moment we are very focused on the Champions Trophy and I'm sure that this team needs no motivation to go and win this tournament for Gary. As far as I'm concerned we just got to let this whole thing take its course and for me there is no decision to be made about my future with the Proteas."

Mark Boucher, the former South Africa wicketkeeper, tweeted: "Protea crickets loss today with Garys decision,but a life lesson in itself..always put family first! take a bow Gaz! Thanks for all ur work!"

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...ry/635065.html
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NZ 68 for all out ..

Post Thanks / Like
    SA, Eng - the only two cricket teams worth watching

Broad - yeah, keep underrating him and being dismissive of him world. Suits us just fine.
    Anderson - 300. A great of course - idhai chonnA sirippeenga. sirippavargaL sirikkattum
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SA the only best team now. If not for pretty inconsistent batting nz would have won the game. Indha clubbing-ae naan vanmayaga kandikuren.

Barbie is inconsistent. Needs helpful conditions badly. Anderson is good as evidenced in Ind and SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    SA, Eng - the only two cricket teams worth watching

Broad - yeah, keep underrating him and being dismissive of him world. Suits us just fine.
    Anderson - 300. A great of course - idhai chonnA sirippeenga. sirippavargaL sirikkattum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    If not for pretty inconsistent batting nz would have won the game.
    Unselected.
    Here is what I thought.
    If England have the new ball in the first session, they are going to win this - the only problem being Ross Taylor.
    But they were just above 200+ lead overnight, so I was sure Cook wouldn't have the nerve to declare.
    And if they played into the day adding only about 50 runs, it was eminently possible for NZ to claw their way back into the match.
    But England managed to fold - which worked out for the best.
    The only surprise was the margin - there was no doubt about the result, particularly once Taylor was gone.

Indha clubbing-ae naan vanmayaga kandikuren.
    kaNdinga, if SA is in a league of its own, then surely surely (barring SA) no other team is anywhere close to England.
    The attempt to say 'SA is exland' but there isn't much of a difference between England and the rest - idhai vanmaiyAga kadumaiyAga kaNdikkiREn.

I always see a downplaying of England impressive performances. You will see people will talk about England hanging by their teeth to draw in Auckland. But you will rarely see anyone who remembers that NZ was following on and in bad shape when rain bailed them out in Wellington. I am yet to see one person say this.

And it is not even intentionally lying/suppressing unfavourable evidence. People badly want to see England lose that they seem to have a natural inclination to remember England's lows and not their highs.

Counteract paNNiyE kezhavan aayiruvEn pOla irukku.

Barbie is inconsistent. Needs helpful conditions badly. Anderson is good as evidenced in Ind and SL.
    Broad is inconsistent. But you see people talking like he is performing after ages. Just last tour he took 6 wickets and shot NZ out to a follow-on!

Needs conditions - not always. He bowled exceedingly well in Dubai. In what proved to be a spinner's track - Broad-Anderson shot Pak out for under a 100 in the first innings.

All said, I do acknowledge he is inconsistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    230 Target needed two solid 50+'s or a stand of 100+. Other decent batting line ups would have done this with ease. NZ batting is always inconsistent. Only in their last tour they managed to put decent efforts.
    Unselected.
    Here is what I thought.
    If England have the new ball in the first session, they are going to win this - the only problem being Ross Taylor.
    But they were just above 200+ lead overnight, so I was sure Cook wouldn't have the nerve to declare.
    And if they played into the day adding only about 50 runs, it was eminently possible for NZ to claw their way back into the match.
    But England managed to fold - which worked out for the best.
    The only surprise was the margin - there was no doubt about the result, particularly once Taylor was gone.
    NZ kitta ellam series draw panna ooru apdi than pesum. We are living in an unfair world
    kaNdinga, if SA is in a league of its own, then surely surely (barring SA) no other team is anywhere close to England.
    The attempt to say 'SA is exland' but there isn't much of a difference between England and the rest - idhai vanmaiyAga kadumaiyAga kaNdikkiREn.

I always see a downplaying of England impressive performances. You will see people will talk about England hanging by their teeth to draw in Auckland. But you will rarely see anyone who remembers that NZ was following on and in bad shape when rain bailed them out in Wellington. I am yet to see one person say this.

And it is not even intentionally lying/suppressing unfavourable evidence. People badly want to see England lose that they seem to have a natural inclination to remember England's lows and not their highs.

Counteract paNNiyE kezhavan aayiruvEn pOla irukku.
    Broad is very good in helpful conditions. India-la ellam bench pannainga(????) sir avane.
    Broad is inconsistent. But you see people talking like he is performing after ages. Just last tour he took 6 wickets and shot NZ out to a follow-on!

Needs conditions - not always. He bowled exceedingly well in Dubai. In what proved to be a spinner's track - Broad-Anderson shot Pak out for under a 100 in the first innings.

All said, I do acknowledge he is inconsistent.

Post Thanks / Like
    230 Target needed two solid 50+'s or a stand of 100+. Other decent batting line ups would have done this with ease. NZ batting is always inconsistent. Only in their last tour they managed to put decent efforts.
    Again unselected. 230 in the 4th innings in those conditions against Anderson-Broad was going to be tough for any team. 'with ease' ellAm vAippE illai.

Did you see the kind of movement even far far lesser bowlers like Wagner,Boult were getting? Most of the Kiwi line-up didn't stand much of a chance in that against the far superior bowling of Anderson-Broad.

They needed Taylor to click and score. Once he was gone, the match was in the kitty.

NZ kitta ellam series draw panna ooru apdi than pesum. We are living in an unfair world
    Wellington-la follow-on paNNi raththam pArkka pOgumbOdhu mazhai penju escape aayittAnunga. idhai maRandhuttu oor pEsudhu.

Broad is very good in helpful conditions. India-la ellam bench pannainga(????) sir avane.
    There were others. The point is, he isn't wholly dependent on conditions, case in point Dubai.

Overall: Broad is one of the best around and it doesn't get said enough, although he keeps proving this again and again.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's where you and I disagree. Anderson-Broad are not Marshall/Holding to run down every opposition as you claim.
    Again unselected. 230 in the 4th innings in those conditions against Anderson-Broad was going to be tough for any team. 'with ease' ellAm vAippE illai.
    This is what I am saying too. Ross Taylor is a decent test bat. If nz had 2 more blokes like him they could have chased this target down. Poor NZ batting let down their bowling.
    Did you see the kind of movement even far far lesser bowlers like Wagner,Boult were getting? Most of the Kiwi line-up didn't stand much of a chance in that against the far superior bowling of Anderson-Broad.

They needed Taylor to click and score. Once he was gone, the match was in the kitty.
    I stand my ground on Broad. Too inconsistent to be clubbed among the better blokes.

Wellington-la follow-on paNNi raththam pArkka pOgumbOdhu mazhai penju escape aayittAnunga. idhai maRandhuttu oor pEsudhu.

There were others. The point is, he isn't wholly dependent on conditions, case in point Dubai.

Overall: Broad is one of the best around and it doesn't get said enough, although he keeps proving this again and again.

Post Thanks / Like

Dei jaansaa, come back and bowl like this in at-least 3 ashes matches man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for the Indian fast bowlers: Dale Steyn

Dale Steyn feels always looking up to spinners for wickets is not the right way to go about encouraging the crop of pacers in India.

“If you’re always going to look at the spinners to do the job for you, what’s the point of even having a fast bowler?” asked Steyn.

Aware of India’s “rich tradition” with spinners, Steyn gave an example from the recent India-Australia Test series to make his point.

I watched the recent Test series between India and Australia and at one stage Ishant (Sharma) bowled his first over of the match with the second new ball! There’s not a lot of confidence your captain is giving you as a fast bowler when he gives you the ball only after 80 overs.

“I say this with due respect to M.S. Dhoni because they went on to win the Test series 4-0. But for a bowler like Ishant, it doesn’t say a lot to him. I’m sure he buys into the team’s plans and priorities and so he’s fine with it.

“But when questions are raised about Indian fast bowlers — which I think will always be raised — I think that’s your answer right there,” the South African was quoted as saying by the IPL website.

“The wickets here aren’t really helpful for them either and I feel for the Indian fast bowlers. If Ishant wants to come to South Africa, he’ll make the team any day, I can promise you that. He’s a fantastic bowler,” said, Steyn. doubtaa irukke!!

“Umesh Yadav and Bhuvneshar Kumar are other two very good bowlers. They just need the right conditions. If you’re going to give them spinning wickets, it’s going to be difficult.

“If you’ll give them the ball after 80 overs, it’s going to be even more difficult.” — PTI

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4734701.ece