Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better replace Smith with KP and play against England in England

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suppose KP had been an Englishman who had defected to South Africa, England would have played this game and shocked the world by getting him to play for England in the upcoming series. They have the cunning and wherewithal to make it happen. Nobody else -not even Seenu mama - is in the same ball park as their cunning and nAdhArithanam.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, KP and Andy are not in talking terms..should have seen this coming with KP being pulled up for a harmless comment on Nick Knight..KP got Chris Gayle to revere and emulate
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Suppose KP had been an Englishman who had defected to South Africa, England would have played this game and shocked the world by getting him to play for England in the upcoming series. They have the cunning and wherewithal to make it happen. Nobody else -not even Seenu mama - is in the same ball park as their cunning and nAdhArithanam.
    Deko Fee yaar

Idhar aaU
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    vaaganam on KP

England have bent over backwards to accommodate Pietersen in 50-over cricket. They allowed him to open, which gives him the longest time to bat, and it appeared to spark in him a buzz for the game.

poi solradhulayum oru aLavu vENdAmA dA
    ODI open paNRadhukku aaL illaama dhaan KP-ai open paNNa vachhAinga.

Has he moved on from England in the way that Chris Gayle moved away from the West Indies?
    enga varaan paartheengaLA

I don't know if he was forced. But as far as forcing someone to choose between a national team and IPL, you won't catch me objecting
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaughanam is taking the piss...whilst IPL is on England play 3-5 home tests depending on the opposition..if KP really did want to shun Eng and play in IPL he could have retired from tests and be available 24/7..his decision to retire from odies was due to his recent ODI form and ECB/Andy being bossy resulted in him quitting from t-20s too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
    .his decision to retire from odies was due to his recent ODI form
    Hmm he got back to back to hundreds against Pak, no?

and ECB/Andy being bossy resulted in him quitting from t-20s too.
    enna aachchu? I know the Nick Knight row? Anything else?

World Cup prachanai ellAm pazhaya matter.
    Last edited by P_R; 1st June 2012 at 04:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R check his stats for last 3 years he was about to lose his test place due to his ODI form.

for more on the spat between KP/Andy

The relationship between Pietersen and some of the England team management has not always been as warm as it might be. At the time that Pietersen was pushing for the removal of Peter Moores as England coach, he also wanted Flower removed as batting coach. It took time for Flower and Pietersen to build bridges, and as Steve James reveals in his new book The Plan, the ECB employed conflict-resolution consultants as part of the process. It had seemed that those scars had healed but it is sometimes hard to avoid the conclusion that there is one rule for Pietersen and another for other England players. Stuart Broad, for example, recently referred to unnamed members of the media as "liars" over Twitter and received no reprimand.
    about the double standards
    But the ECB stance is open to accusations of hypocrisy. Andrew Strauss, for example, was not obliged to "retire" from the ODI side when it became clear that he had no future in T20I cricket. Indeed, in April 2009, when announcing details of Strauss' omission from the World T20 side, Geoff Miller, the national selector, stated: "Andrew and the selectors believe his game is better suited to Test and ODI cricket, and it is for that reason he has not been selected in the preliminary 30-man squad for the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20. Andrew is focused on the Test and ODI formats of the game." If that can work for Strauss, why not Pietersen?The likes of Michael Lumb have been selected only for T20I cricket, while Alastair Cook, the ODI captain, and Jonathan Trott are among those not currently in the T20I side. Why the ECB can take a flexible approach to them and not Pietersen remains unclear. Their intransigence is reminiscent of that of the WICB towards Chris Gayle and Co. Nobody wins in such a situation. There must have been another way.
    The difference, the ECB would state, is that Strauss, Lumb, Cook et al remained available for all formats. In truth, Strauss has not played another T20 game since March 2009, even at domestic level, but continued in the ODI team for another two years. He may never have announced his T20I retirement, but sometimes actions speak louder than words.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/566835.html

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R check his stats for last 3 years he was about to lose his test place due to his ODI form.
    adhellAm theriyin. I am saying, it looked like he was looking up after his performance in UAE and then the test knocks in Lanka.

Andrew Strauss, for example, was not obliged to "retire" from the ODI side when it became clear that he had no future in T20I cricket.
    idhu sariyAna comparison illeengaLE. Availability is the problem. Regardless of the actions-words homily later in the article.

Anyway I don't actually have a problem if there is one standard for Strauss and another for Pietersen. All I am saying is, it has more to do with his IPLness than Kolpakness - as you and Plum are saying, illaiyA? Of course, idhu 'vanjikkappattai veLiyE irundha vandhavanE'-nu solRadhukku ungaLukku oru saans.

If you want to play IPL and thus want to opt out ODIs then sorry boss, you can't play T20s is what they are saying.
    And mind ECB has more to lose, trying to defend the T20 title without KP. Yet they are going ahead - and the way I see it - to warn those who may be salivating at playing IPL at the expense of matches for England.

I have the same sentiments about all. Malinga mEla kooda enakku sandhEgam dhaan.
    Regarding Malinga missing out on tests and playing IPL I will have to remark as Flower did when KP returned during the world cup, 'when someone is pain, you don't know what they are going through. You have to take their word for it'. idhu naala dhaan ivanai enakku pudikkudhu

Post Thanks / Like
    ^KP opinioned sometime ago that Odies are turning into be a farce and they ought to be scrapped and only T20/tests should be the way forward..may be his own non-performance in that format weighed in

on Strauss getting to chose I could only give you Plum's Pandaribai analogy..win-win situation for all involved
    Malinga was a non-starter in tests even before IPL...can't remember Mali lasting a test series without a injury hiccup so him with his bruised knee choosing to prolong his career by playing limited overs is understandable more so with the kind of financial mess SLC is in.