Guess the diving dude:

...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Guess the diving dude:

Thorpe?
    yEdhO oru thadavai reNdu thadavai alertA kudhikkalaam. adhukkaaga Odikitta irukka mudiyumA.

//
    btw on elitism chasing, If Allen makes a full-steam-ahead aspiration heavy MiP, mine will surely be MiNYC. Whattabeauty yeng gael.
    idhu ooru. michadhellAm namma weakness therinju poweder pOttu varradhu dhaan.
    //
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    WIndies in England

insufficient practice - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ch/534201.html
    visa problems - http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/563863.html

nalla naaL-layE naazhippaal...
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    K_g (Long time doubt) Were you recently engaged or did your long time Girl friend just proposed to you?. Is that why you are freakin out inside and acting out all macho outside by trolling in all threads?. Please educate us!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Should this thread be renamed as '10-nations cricket II' to avoid blatant misleading of genuine sports fans.
    World Series ellae antha madhiri
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    K_g (Long time doubt) Were you recently engaged or did your long time Girl friend just proposed to you?. Is that why you are freakin out inside and acting out all macho outside by trolling in all threads?. Please educate us!
    No, I am diagonized with brain tumor. Taking things lightly.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Back then, only he knew how to play reverse swing

cricinfo is running a good series Wasim bhai on Martin Crowe..gun player..highly underrated
    Perfect technique, Martin Crowe. All the great batsmen I played against played late and on the front foot. I remember, he got a hundred in Lahore. At the other end, no one from New Zealand was getting runs. In that series the ball was reverse-swinging miles after 15-20 overs, and I think they were Pakistan balls, those rock-hard Grays [Gray-Nicolls]. They used to swing miles and used to stay rock-hard till the 80th over.

I asked him once, "How come you played me and Waqar so well?" He said, "I used to just wait for your inswing delivery. I used to play every delivery [for] inswing. If you play [for] inswing and if the ball is going away from you, you are not going to follow the ball. If you are playing inswing with the straight bat, the outswing will automatically will beat you. You won't nick it unless you are chasing it." So that was his technique.

He was always on the front foot to us. He never went on the back foot. He said, "Against you guys, if I had gone on the back foot, I would have had no chance whatsoever." He was like Sunny Gavaskar, he never gave you a chance as a batsman. When he was in, he made sure he got a hundred. He used to just rotate the strike. Any yorker down leg side or slightly off-line, he used to hit us for four, and that used to annoy me as a bowler. That's why he was so successful and so difficult a batsman to bowl to.

I loved the wickets in New Zealand. I got so many wickets there because of the conditions. The ball always swings there, always seams, and I enjoyed bowling there. I got so many wickets against New Zealand, but Martin Crowe every time got runs. It shows the quality of his technique and his temperament.

He was very quiet as a batsman. He was not a sort of batsman who would hit a four and then stare at you or come back at you. He was very calm, his concentration was 100% every delivery, he was always aware about his field. He always knew what was happening around him, whether the ball had actually started reversing. They eventually realised what reverse swing was. In 1991-92, nobody knew how to play reverse swing; only Martin Crowe, I reckon.

He just played for inswing. He didn't look at the shine, he didn't look at the wrist, he only went at every ball as an inswinger, and when the ball is reverse-swinging, that is the technique.

He realised it early on that if the ball is swinging, or late reverse-swinging, he has to play the inswing, guard his pads and guard his stumps. And he realised if the bowlers bowl the away-swinger then he will get beaten but won't nick it because he won't go for the drive. That's when we bowlers used to get frustrated, bowl slightly fuller, and that's where he used to get runs.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ excellent write up there by wasim....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is incredibly funny:
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-c...ry/564117.html

Mitchell Starc's appeals came to nothing as the UK Border Agency ordered him to return to Australia to fill in his visa forms correctly © AFP
    Enlarge
    Related Links
    News : Starc news can warm Yorkshire

Players/Officials: Mitchell Starc
    Series/Tournaments: England Domestic Season
    Teams: Australia | England | Yorkshire

Mitchell Starc, the Australia left-arm quick, will not be able to make his Yorkshire debut this week after being deported following a visa error that initially led to him being detained at Heathrow for more than four hours.
    He has been instructed to fly halfway around the world, fill in a couple of forms correctly and then fly all the way back again. His girlfriend has been allowed to stay in England.
    - paavam tensala iruppAn ingE endha englis gendiman oru vArathula ivan thirumbi varradhukulla correct paNniduvAnOnnu

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is even funnier:
    With Yorkshire mired in debt, Graves insisted that he would not be paying the return air fare. "We've told them straight, we're not paying the airfare again," he added. "We paid originally but now it's down to them