Page 276 of 376 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
    the usual sappakkatu from the Eng pundits would be if not for them these mercenaries would never get to play test cricket..whtya reasoning
    munkoottiyE sappakkattu-nu sollitteenga. ippo naan idhukku badhil solradhA, vitturadhA.
    remember Nass salvinating at the prospect of Dockrell playing tests for Eng during Ire match in CWC'11
    idhil enna thappu. Oru 'regular' natioan aagura varaikkin, Ireland oru county maadhiri dhaanE. Imagine Zimbabwe in its pre-test days. It's a comment like that. Why is it evil?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ennoda post-la 1st para-la kadasi line mattum eduthu reply panringa? . Innoru para vai discount-la vuttutinga. Selladhu selladhu

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flau
    Also, who is blocking Ireland's elevation to test status?
    Plum you seem certain about this.

Now, 3 situations are possible.

1) ECB is supportive of Ireland getting to Test status
    2) ECB is not supportive of Ireland getting to Test status because they feel they aren't ready
    3) ECB is supportive of Ireland getting to Test status because they want to keep them suppressed, oppressed and depressed so they can suck on their talent pool and live forever.

You see to be certain about 3.

Just step back and see for yourself. Ireland? Really ?
    One world cup where a freak performance got them to the super six. And this world cup where they proved they were better. What are their other claims?
    They should be play more games, build a team and last for more time before they are anywhere near getting test status no?

Remember how long did it take for SL and Bangladesh?
    I thought Kenya was close to a candidacy then they lost their way. adhai keduththadhum England dhaanungaLA?

One country whose fall from grace you can, at least partly, be blamed on England politics is Zimbabwe. naanE example eduththu kudukka vENdi irukku
    Just imagine them going from the strengths of the Alastair Campbell side. A dream gone bust.

vittA innaikkE Ireland test match viLayAduvaanga 'nRa maadhiri solreengaLE.

I will quote stuff that the Ireland team says, where they are grateful for all that ECB is doing to promote cricket in Ireland. But given you have already made up your mind, you will say ellAm 'aivaas'. Irish manager-ai ECB vilaikku vaangittAn, avan oru stooge etc. oNNiyum solradhukku illai. Or favour receive paNravan, public-la paNivaa dhaan pEsuvAn. bayam. thanippatta muRaila avanukku kOvam. avan mind-kuLLa pugundhu naan pArthEn etc.

Ireland plays as a county team, till a few years back.
    “We are very lucky to have England as the full member in our region. They have been nothing but incredibly generous with the opportunities they have afforded Ireland at all levels, both within the domestic competition and at full senior level, as evidenced by the England one-day squad travelling over to Ireland recently following the Ashes Test series, not to mention the other help that goes unseen, such as coaching materials and advice.

“That generosity is now beginning to pay off, and we are starting to take the stabilisers off the bike and stand on our own two feet as a country that has an improving record of achievement against some of the best teams in the world.”

Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Pretty Good Question. Ivvalo naal enaku idhu thonave illa

Evil-nu mudivu paNNi paakkaNumnu ninaichchA, ippadi niRaiya kidaichikkittE irukkum.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R athu eppadi ella Ire/Zimboks/Protea disgruntled/frustrated/mistreated players choose Eng to redeem their test dreams...oru level playing field vennma..I say let ICC auction these players in IPL ishtyle so BCCI could bid for a phast bowler/Pcb for a batsman...give and take..everyone happy going home
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Post Thanks / Like
    Ennoda post-la 1st para-la kadasi line mattum eduthu reply panringa? . Innoru para vai discount-la vuttutinga. Selladhu selladhu
    adhil badhil solradhukkum oNNum thaniyA illaingaLE. I think I have covered all the points in my response.

Post Thanks / Like
    P_r you are quite conveniently ignoring the level - playing field question. You still haven't answered it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How in the world that is not ODD???

Would you allow Saeed Ajmal play for SL and torment england for the 2 tests last month and then go back to Pak? Summa sappa kattu kattringa sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    England has been porous in having people from the Dominion come over, all the time, no? Born in Auckland, working in Dorset, flitting back and forth type thing is very very common. Which is why it doesn't feel odd to me. It incenses Plum that people go back and forth between Ireland and England. It doesn't strike me as odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R athu eppadi ella Ire/Zimboks/Protea disgruntled/frustrated/mistreated players choose Eng to redeem their test dreams...oru level playing field vennma..I say let ICC auction these players in IPL ishtyle so BCCI could bid for a phast bowler/Pcb for a batsman...give and take..everyone happy going home
    Disgruntled and/or ambitious people from everywhere have always gone to places like England. Had Murray Goodwin made it to the Aus national side, I'd've liked that too.
    Can you imagine him playing for Pakistan Of course I see you don't find that odd.

pudhiyadhOr ulagam seyvOm 'ngreenga. yEdhO paNNunga. enakku suththamA pudikkalai.
    adhunaala indha 'unnatural' immigrationai thadukkuradhukkAga oru sattam pOttu, England thannOda 'natural' immigration-ai vittukkudukkuRa oru nilamai vandhAlum, sandhOsham dhaan.

Post Thanks / Like
    How in the world that is not ODD???
    Would you allow Saeed Ajmal play for SL and torment england for the 2 tests last month and then go back to Pak? Summa sappa kattu kattringa sir.
    Ajmal sounds odd to me.
    But suppose Pak is not a test playing nation and it was always a tradition for Pak, India, SL to have a porous relationship, then Ajmal playing tests for SL when he doesn't have any one days to play and flitting back, wouldn't seem odd at all.

England remba unique situation 'nga.

andha uniqueness ozhiyaNumndreenga. I understand but don't agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    P_r you are quite conveniently ignoring the level - playing field question. You still haven't answered it.
    America has an unfair economic advantage in that the cream from everywhere migrate there.
    Harry Potter also same problem.

idhukku mEla kondhaLilkkiRadhukku edhuvumE illai.

England, Scotland, Wales, white men from all over Africa, Australia, New Zealand ellAm oNNukkuLLa oNNu saar.
    Does Holland have any Dutch SAfricans playing. I wouldn't be surprised and it wouldn't irk me either. Natural.