Page 275 of 376 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember Nass salvinating at the prospect of Dockrell playing tests for Eng during Ire match in CWC'11 the usual sappakkatu from the Eng pundits would be if not for them these mercenaries would never get to play test cricket..whtya reasoning
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, who is blocking Ireland's elevation to test status? Not BCCI but ECB. Thing is our bcci politicians are happy to keep mum about this mercenary situation as they probably think it doesn't matter - yet, if they learnt the nasookku naadharithanam of England, they must exploit every chink of the opponent. They must trap ECB into taking a position against Ireland's test status and then leak it out. If ECB and BCCi had been in reverse situations, ECB would have done that. England's history proves it. Not just cricketing history. And I am not claiming any moral elevation over them - I am merely lamenting that we don't have their cunning. Well, I have but I am not in the BCCI

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ponting overtakes Dravid edhaachum paNNunga Plum!
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty Good Question. Ivvalo naal enaku idhu thonave illa/
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Also, who is blocking Ireland's elevation to test status?

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarke might declare after OZ scores 100 in second innings..no wonder Chapelli rates him highly..BCCI would be hoping that this test ends in 3 days

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sathya - innumA ennaiya ponting vishayaththula nambikitturukkInga? Avan indha jinxukellAm immune Agi pppala mAdhangaL Aayaachu

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can be one of the greatest England teams ever' - Anderson

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/562178.html
    The next couple of years - with series against South Africa and India, and Ashes series home and away - will define the legacy of this England team, won't they?
    Yes, that's how I see it. Once we became the No. 1-rated Test team we talked about our legacy. We want to be one of the greatest England teams there has ever been, and we honestly feel we have the potential in the dressing room to achieve that. I agree: the next couple of years will define us. But don't underestimate the West Indies, either. They are pushing a strong Australian side at the moment; they're a decent team. South Africa are very strong - I see them as the strongest side we've played against since the Ashes. And then there's India. Look, we slipped up over the winter, there's no hiding from that. So there are bound to be questions about how we can play in the subcontinent. We still have a lot to prove, but we showed signs of improvement towards the back end of the Sri Lanka tour. I think Jonathan Trott's century at Galle gave the rest of the batsmen confidence to play in those conditions. Winning in India would be massive for us.
    This English(??? ) is already their best team ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^remember Ozzies taunting KP with 'FIGJAM' chants during the Ashes..we could safely extend that to this greatest 'English' team of all time.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shivnarine Chanderpaul needs 82 runs to reach the mile stone of 10000 Test runs.

Wishing him to reach that in this second innings itself.

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Why it is not ODD when a Kiwi plays for a POM Side??. What has immigration got to do with recruiting sports talent from other countries?
    England has been porous in having people from the Dominion come over, all the time, no? Born in Auckland, working in Dorset, flitting back and forth type thing is very very common. Which is why it doesn't feel odd to me. It incenses Plum that people go back and forth between Ireland and England. It doesn't strike me as odd.
    I was briefly nursing hopes of Saqlain playing for England. Woipf Britis citizen, aNNan defendent. They could've fasttracked his visa process or something- adhu kooda seyyAma vittutAinga waste fellows. idhai ellAm kaiezhuththu pOduradhai thavira raaNiyammAvukku enna vElai.

Ninga hire pannum podhu ODD illainna naanga pannalum adhu ODD illa than.
    ippadi dhaan solluveengannu sollittEnE

It is Indeed ODD that players from various countries when they play for England. People play for pride in National sides. That is no more the case wrt England.
    God Save the Qyoon ellAm malai yERi pOchchu. New definition of nation-ku vaanga.

Flavian Aponso played for Holland. Western countries-la appadi dhaanE irukkum. Their locals will have to compete with international meritocracy to make the cut.

Indha nadharithanam is allowed only because of Imperial cricket conference being run by ECB and CA.
    ICC run by ECB, CA-vA..right vidu.

Will that be ODD for Feeyaar? Afterall, enga frontier Gandhi desam dhaane adhu?
    Won't seem odd to me if Pakistan does so. I presume many Afghanis move in and out of Pak, work there, families spread across the two countries etc. I don't think that is the case with India, right? Whereas there are many families spread across India and Pak, India and Nepal etc. Many people who work here. Lankans, Bangladeshis. Won't at all be odd to hire from these countries.

btw Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan was an Afghani from what is essentially Pakistan today. panjAyaththukkuRiya pradhEsam. avarai Afghanistan dEsaththukku thaarai vaarththu kuduththeengannA saNdaikku varuvaainga.

Quote Originally Posted by Flau
    Also, why are people allowed to toggle between Ireland and England - there was an instance where an irish player played for England and ireland within a single month - how explooittative that is?
    Neenga anga ellAm pOyirukkeenga, vaazhndhurukeenga. Ingittum, angittum pOyittE dhaanE iruppAinga. idhu sagajam dhaanE.

Maaveeran Michael Collins naRpaNi manRam kooda oththukkuvAinga.

Why don't we hear of the evil ECB in popular media?
    satti, agappai
    The 'evil' is your allegation ECB is blocking Ireland playing tests. Which is highly speculative, will come to that in a bit.
    Or is having them play cricket for England, that itself is 'evil'??

Why is it that it is always bcci's fault? Who is playing a propoganda war? Who is falling for it?
    ippo naan BCCI paththi edhunA sonnEnA? enna propoganda. enna falling.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே