Page 274 of 376 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Post Thanks / Like
    nyAya dharmam language and all only you are using here. sikka mAttEn

maththapadi England-ku vaaila viral vachchA kadikka theriyAdhunnu naan sonna maadhiriyum, thiruppiyum present paNNa pArkkureenga. Unselected.

I am talking case by case.

You can, like Alan Border, call it names: call it the Empire team instead of England team. I guess that is your fundamental problem. It does not irk me at all.

This 'import' - to use your word- is something that's been happening always, no? People from the colonies go and play in/for England. I won't consider it odd for say a NewZealander to play for England, but I would certainly feel so were he to play for India. That is all I am saying.

You don't get people from SAfrica, in general, migrating to India, do you? If and when that happens, a cricket migration won't seem odd. But tomorrow BCCI puts together an IPL like assortment in the India team, it would be odd. Imagine India having a team pace attack where a Maori and a Zulu share the new ball - you will consider it fair (hey if Eng can do it, every team should be able to, level playing field etc.). And if rule changes prevent that, you will call it Eng changing rules because it is no longer convenient to them, or no longer a benefit exclusive to them (switch hit-ku sonneengaLE ).

I get what you are saying but don't sync with your PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    England has historically backed rules which are convenient for them only.
    Name Five (10 marks)

nambikkaikaaga illeenga saar. edhai solreenga-nu therinjikkalaamnu dhaan saar.
    crumbling day 1 pitch-ai defend paNNeenga. adhuvum oru isai-nu..
    It would be useful for me to if many of the excesses are like that.

I know of one that I posted it here.
    I heard Eng cooked up a sudden law during an India tour preventing a one-side packed field - which was India's strategy with the spin quartet. That is an example of the kind of arbitrary, one-sided change in rule, brought in with a misuse of power, to exclusively benefit England.

It would be good to know others that fall into the above category and which fall into the: horridly biased 'opposition to a perfectly legal aluminium bat' category.
    Last edited by P_R; 23rd April 2012 at 01:04 AM.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    If current bowlers straighten arm despite no natural deformityn current ICC has to address it with "iron hand".
    kuRumbu kuRumbu

kaLLappart nadarajan: paNakkaara veettu saNdaiyila thalaiyida evanukkuyyA dhaguriyam irukku?....muniyan kadudhaasi dhaan 'yA indha oorla irukkura dhairiyaththukku udhAraNam
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Flau Vs Fee Yaar

Come on Flau
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Australia 7 down for 167 ... Dei West Indies intha vaatiyum aasa kaati mosam senjinga

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    212/7 now

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your team is being called United-nations XI in various forums . Why it is not ODD when a Kiwi plays for a POM Side??. What has immigration got to do with recruiting sports talent from other countries?. There is a distinct difference between those two. I wouldn't mind Canadian born Indian Immigrants playing for Canada or for that matter like (Samit Patel) for England. You guys (English) dont play in a LEVEL playing field and you Indeed have an unfair advantage wrt other cricketing sides when you recruit other countries best talent. Ninga hire pannum podhu ODD illainna naanga pannalum adhu ODD illa than.

It is Indeed ODD that players from various countries when they play for England. People play for pride in National sides. That is no more the case wrt England. It is a case of America buying Olympic Golds with African American talent during the yester years. I think (and may be KG can help me here) in more universal sports like Football this is not allowed by major sports bodies. Indha nadharithanam is allowed only because of Imperial cricket conference being run by ECB and CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    nyAya dharmam language and all only you are using here. sikka mAttEn

maththapadi England-ku vaaila viral vachchA kadikka theriyAdhunnu naan sonna maadhiriyum, thiruppiyum present paNNa pArkkureenga. Unselected.

I am talking case by case.

You can, like Alan Border, call it names: call it the Empire team instead of England team. I guess that is your fundamental problem. It does not irk me at all.

This 'import' - to use your word- is something that's been happening always, no? People from the colonies go and play in/for England. I won't consider it odd for say a NewZealander to play for England, but I would certainly feel so were he to play for India. That is all I am saying.

You don't get people from SAfrica, in general, migrating to India, do you? If and when that happens, a cricket migration won't seem odd. But tomorrow BCCI puts together an IPL like assortment in the India team, it would be odd. Imagine India having a team pace attack where a Maori and a Zulu share the new ball - you will consider it fair (hey if Eng can do it, every team should be able to, level playing field etc.). And if rule changes prevent that, you will call it Eng changing rules because it is no longer convenient to them, or no longer a benefit exclusive to them (switch hit-ku sonneengaLE ).

I get what you are saying but don't sync with your PoV.

Name Five (10 marks)

nambikkaikaaga illeenga saar. edhai solreenga-nu therinjikkalaamnu dhaan saar.
    crumbling day 1 pitch-ai defend paNNeenga. adhuvum oru isai-nu..
    It would be useful for me to if many of the excesses are like that.

I know of one that I posted it here.
    I heard Eng cooked up a sudden law during an India tour preventing a one-side packed field - which was India's strategy with the spin quartet. That is an example of the kind of arbitrary, one-sided change in rule, brought in with a misuse of power, to exclusively benefit England.

It would be good to know others that fall into the above category and which fall into the: horridly biased 'opposition to a perfectly legal aluminium bat' category.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Windies selectors Narine would have wreaked havoc on these tracks.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    212/7 now
    ivanungala thiruthavae mudiyaathu pola !!! THey should have played Bishoo kutty also ...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, of late the best WI spinner is Narine.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Af - kaNgaL panithana, idhayam nanaindhadhu. I say, can we recruit Afghani pacemen? Will that be ODD for Feeyaar? Afterall, enga frontier Gandhi desam dhaane adhu? Also, why are people allowed to toggle between Ireland and England - there was an instance where an irish player played for England and ireland within a single month - how explooittative that is? Why don't we hear of the evil ECB in popular media? Why is it that it is always bcci's fault? Who is playing a propoganda war? Who is falling for it?