Page 267 of 376 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Windies..attritional cricket at its best to think that we got whitewashed by this OZ side
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Saeed Ajmal, the driving force behind Pakistan's Test series victory against England, is to pull out of his deal to be one of Worcestershire's overseas players in this year's Friends Life t20 competition.

Ajmal will cite a need to manage his workload ahead of additional international commitments for Pakistan, who are confident of announcing a series against Sri Lanka shortly.

Ajmal's wife has also recently given birth to the couple's third child, a son, who predictably has already been nicknamed Teesra - the 'third one' - after his latest mystery delivery.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeyar - why do you bring in Ponting while discussoing Broad? On one side, you advocate Gendilman Crikcet. On other hand, you tend to soften blows on Broad by trying to digress by bringing in Ponting. Why can't you accept he is the worst behaved Cricketer playing Cricket today when his offences range from Stamping on a ball to tamper it(pretending innocence to boot), throwing a ball churloshly att oppponents, expressing displeasure to umpires when given out, churlish skirmishes with opponents. How many of these is Ricky guilty of? Heck, You make me defend Ricky. Than which there can be no proof that Stuey boy is the worst offender. I can understand if Emglishman have this hypocroisy - they are Englishman - but how come you also? Why can't you unequivocally condemn Stuey and accept that if you added up his offences that went unpunishedn he has enough debit for a life ban - just because he is in your fav team right?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*CHEAT* Justin Langer vs Wasim Akram 1999 Hobart test

Uploaded by robelinda2 on Apr 7, 2012
    All you Pakistan fans will rejoice over this video! Justin Langer actually admits he cheated. The famous nick not given out by Peter Parker, doing some umpiring while on a break from Spiderman duties.

To look at Langer's admission go to 5:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Feeyar - why do you bring in Ponting while discussoing Broad?
    On one side, you advocate Gendilman Crikcet. On other hand, you tend to soften blows on Broad by trying to digress by bringing in Ponting.
    Sequence of events

Me: point and laugh at Dilshan
    You: Broad gets away with more
    Me: Yeah, who said no?
    You: Your protestations are insincere. You should say: Broad should not play cricket etc
    Me: Look, I haven't said that even about Ponting
    Feddy/You: hah...by bringing in Ponting you are trying to show Broad in good light. Your intention is to let Broad go scott free
    Me: *nAsamA pOchchu* Even for someone as outrageous as Ponting - IMO the worst behaved cricketer as far as I have seen - I have not reacted along the lines you expect me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Why can't you accept he is the worst behaved Cricketer playing Cricket today when his offences range from Stamping on a ball to tamper it(pretending innocence to boot), throwing a ball churloshly att oppponents, expressing displeasure to umpires when given out, churlish skirmishes with opponents. How many of these is Ricky guilty of? Heck, You make me defend Ricky. Than which there can be no proof that Stuey boy is the worst offender. I can understand if Emglishman have this hypocroisy - they are Englishman - but how come you also? Why can't you unequivocally condemn Stuey and accept that if you added up his offences that went unpunishedn he has enough debit for a life ban - just because he is in your fav team right?
    Look I am not condoning his behavior. I am saying I'll be quite glad if he's pulled up and made to mend his ways. If that sounds 'insincere' to you, there is nothing I can do about it.

Dale Steyn spat on Kemar Roach - easily the worst thing I have seen happen on a cricket ground
    Jimmy Anderson was taunting SL batsmen all day y'day
    It is disgusting to see them get away lightly for all this.

But you expect me to mention all this EVERY single time, before I say anything critical about an Asian, is it? If so, then I am going to have to disappoint you. Or perhaps I am not disappointing you. After all I'll be doing exactly what you expect me to do.

KP, Cook were stepping on the pitch more than once y'day. They weren't pulled up for it. I'd like to see them pulled up. I'd like to see Swann hauled up for the comment he made in the practice match. But the fact that this isn't being done is not going to make me hate the cricket the team plays.

I've told you a zillion times, but perhaps you refuse to accept that such a point-of-view is possible (and thus attribute it to duplicity,hypocrisy etc): I would like the chucks and switch-hits and T20s to go. Those are my fundamental considerations about the game. You would rather take a wider, inclusive, tolerant view of such things and ensure the focus is on the political balance - which I don't care about as much.

There was a world of a difference between Cook/Strauss/Trott grinding innings' and Samaraweera's blade-grind. There is something solid about the way they played. One hopes to see them challenged with better bowling. If you say Samaraweera is just as good and my preference for English grinding is because I am an anglophile - then I don't have a comeback because I am not able to articulate why exactly the former was better. I like Bell. I don't like Morgan - is all I can manage to say.

My politics: thee ellAm kuLikka mAttEn, kodumbAvi eRikka mAttEn. karuththu solluvEn. naan ninaikkiRadhu nadandhA sandhOsappaduvEn. avvaLavu dhaan. Broad-ai mutti pOda vachchA sandhOsappaduvEn. idhai namburadhum nambAdhadhum unga ishtam.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R I was trolling (you would have sensed that from the image) but still Broad is a nadhaari. Adhu ninga othukittinga okay than. And regarding DRS i saw an article in hindu which said both sides were wronged(though in this case was due to the lack of Hotspot and snicko)

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd test paakave illa seriya adhanala indha switch hit enna vishayamnnu theriala.

Post Thanks / Like
    here u go

April 7, 2012
    UDRS is adding to the confusion

TED CORBETT

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricke...cle3287559.ece

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    P_R I was trolling (you would have sensed that from the image)
    Got the trolling
    but still Broad is a nadhaari. Adhu ninga othukittinga okay than.
    Yeah. adhai naan ennamO moodi maRaikkiRa maadhiriyin, ippo dhaan first tayamA solrA maadhiriyin maindain paNRadhu dhaan

And regarding DRS i saw an article in hindu which said both sides were wronged(though in this case was due to the lack of Hotspot and snicko)
    DRS-il problem uNdu. One sided bias kidaiyAdhu. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Corbett
    It is worth noting that on a Poya Day — the day of the full moon when no alcohol is on sale anywhere in the island — the crowd were shown no replays and soberly accepted the umpire's verdict too.

TV umpire can overrule ONLY if there is sufficient basis to overrule. i.e. he is not making an independent decision. idhai purinjirukkuRadhula enna prachanai.

Regarding Sanga lbw, I don't think Corbett's statement is right
    The cameras clearly showed it was out but it had to be given not out because there was not enough evidence to overturn the original decision.
    They should make the basis for the decisions consistent. This change from series to series is quite bugging.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Yov neer SA-vae romba kindala pesureer. Camaan Philander , Steyn, Graeme smith and AB-De.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Cook cut ellAm nijamAvE ungaLukku pudikkalaiyA
    Commentator width width-naan, oNNum illai. Width ellAm create paNNi cut paNNAn. Imran thayir, nee vaadi.