Page 117 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rahul Dravid 148 Johannesburg v SA 1997

Vinod, Where is Dravid's thread?. Ok Plum Noted.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing, Stan. BTW, where is RD's thread ?? I could see only 16 threads in sports section ? How to search old threads in nee hub ?

Post Thanks / Like

Windies team of the 70's/80's.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahela Jayawardene quits, Sri Lanka's selectors also offer to resign

A day after skipper Kumar Sangakkara stepped down, turmoil continued in Sri Lanka's cricket team with vice-captain Mahela Jayawardene also quitting his post and the selection panel offering to resign en masse.

"Mahela has sent a letter stepping down from vice-captaincy. The officials would soon meet to discuss a replacement," Sri Lanka Cricket chairman DS de Silva said.

The national selection panel - headed by Aravinda de Silva and comprising Ranjith Fernando, Amal Silva and Shabbir Asgerally - has also offered its resignation to sports minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage, officials said.

Yesterday, Sangakkara had said that he was leaving the job to enable Sri Lanka find a suitable successor leading to the 2015 World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

Jayawardene, who was previously captain, has been Sangakkara's deputy since 2009. De Silva's selection panel was appointed in May 2010.

His panel has come in for severe criticism when Sri Lanka loss to India in Saturday's World Cup final.

Post Thanks / Like

Harbhajan's best Test series ever. . He must be relishing to read Ricky Ponting's scores. Looks like a Indian Telephone Number 0 6 0 0 11 as said by a youtube comment. But the real beauty is the 3rd test scalp of steve waugh = HANDLED THE BALL. The series which made India quest for its Test performances.

Million thanks to the uploader.

P.S: It's great to see the Eden Garden's stadium in full force with a near 100,000 crowd. Enna hair'kku idhellam renovate panranuga?. The new stadium is a travesty.

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't win the test series in Australia in 03 and 07 mainly due to the absence of Zaheer Khan. Every time he started off well in the first test only to catch an injury and leave the remaining 3 tests of the tour. He has played only 2 of the 8 tests in Aus in his career. Hope he plays this year with full fitness.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    pArkkalAm AF. I still feel the best years to tour Australia were the last two when Saffers and England went. varalAru nammaLa timing vechu pazhi vAngudhu.
    I am really really scared of Ricky Ponting screwing us with the bat this year. I think he should have continued as a captain to prevent that happening...it is not exactly a victory that he has been deposed as captain

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And me saying this is blasphemy but let me state this anyway. I think we need atleast one of the Big 3 to be replaced by the Aussie tour. Probably Rahul Dravid, much as it pains me to say it. He wasnt exactly succesful last time there and in his current situation, looks extremely unlikely to succeed in Australia this year.
    And I am not too confident of SRT/VVS either. They had a succesful tour last time there personally - and history doesnt keep giving that to legends. Remember Miandad and 96 world cup?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    We didn't win the test series in Australia in 03 and 07 mainly due to the absence of Zaheer Khan. Every time he started off well in the first test only to catch an injury and leave the remaining 3 tests of the tour. He has played only 2 of the 8 tests in Aus in his career. Hope he plays this year with full fitness.
    i doubt if he can maintain fitness. Its gonna be non stop cricket till sep....Just hope the selectors find some sense and rest him for the wi series in june

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    And me saying this is blasphemy but let me state this anyway. I think we need atleast one of the Big 3 to be replaced by the Aussie tour. Probably Rahul Dravid, much as it pains me to say it. He wasnt exactly succesful last time there and in his current situation, looks extremely unlikely to succeed in Australia this year.
    And I am not too confident of SRT/VVS either. They had a succesful tour last time there personally - and history doesnt keep giving that to legends. Remember Miandad and 96 world cup?
    aahaa... ulla vandhu socks kooda kalattula... adhukkulla kelambitttaaru....
    plum: 'ennai thookki kadalil erindhaalum, kattumaramaai midhappen'
    Sach is Life..