Page 115 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3758

Thread: World Cricket II

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?The only bowler who came anywhere near Ambrose was the great Pakistani Wasim Akram, whom I faced only in one-day cricket, and towards the end of his illustrious career. He was amazing. His swing bowling was so technically pristine that the seam was always in perfect position. Facing him was brilliant, because I knew every part of my game had to be in the groove to cope with the genius,? he said.

In one of his suggestions to improve the game, he said the conflict between traditional cricket and Twenty20 must be solved. And for that, he said Indian Premier League should be given a window in the international calendar.

?My solution: embrace the new wave. Franchise cricket, as played in the IPL, has revolutionised the game. Speaking as a player, there is nothing more exciting that the opportunity to play among the best players in the world. IPL, the world?s premier franchise tournament, is here to stay.

?Scheduling is the main point of conflict between the IPL and established game, particularly the clash of players? contract. This could be avoided in future by creating a two-month window in each year ? I would make it March and April ? when other forms of the game take a back seat. That is, no Tests, no World Cup cricket and so on. The IPL has the ability to generate international fan bases in the same way as the English football?s Premier League.

?I believe some IPL matches should go on the road each year and be played in other countries, to make it a global competition. The sooner the world of cricket embraces the IPL, the sooner everyone can find ways to benefit from its massive potential.?

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricke...cle1156182.ece

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dhoni is india's Ponting":
    Great the insult

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/499614.html
    Butt out for 10 years, Asif 7 and Amir 5

The ICC tribunal has announced a sanction of ten years' ineligibility for Salman Butt (with five years of a suspended sentence); seven years for Mohammad Asif (with two years suspended) and five years' ineligibility for Mohammad Amir. The sanctions follow investigations of their role in spot-fixing, along with Mazhar Majeed, a players' agent, during Pakistan's tour of England in 2010.
    The announcement on Saturday evening followed a day of deliberations in Doha between the three-man tribunal - comprising Michael Beloff QC, Sharad Rao and Justice Albie Sachs - and the players and their legal teams.
    The sentences are open to appeal by both sides - players and ICC - in the Court of Arbitration in Sport in Switzerland.
    Butt, who was captain during the series in England, received the maximum sentence but one charge against him - of batting out a maiden over during the Oval Test - was dismissed. However, he was found to have not disclosed an approach by Majeed that he should bat a maiden over.
    The other charges that were upheld relate to the subsequent Lord's Test, where Amir and Asif were found to have bowled deliberate no-balls and Butt was party to that.
    The tribunal released a statement after announcing the decision. The full text is reproduced below:
    'The independent Anti-Corruption Tribunal which has been hearing the cases of Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif under the ICC's Anti-Corruption Code for Players and Player Support Personnel had adjourned on Tuesday 11th January 2011 after a six day hearing.
    'The Tribunal reconvened today for further submissions and thereafter announced the following decisions.
    'The Tribunal found that the charge under Article 2.1.1 of the Code that Mr Butt agreed to bat out a maiden over in the Oval Test match played between Pakistan and England from 18 to 21 August 2010 was dismissed, whereas the charge under Article 2.4.2 that Mr Butt failed to disclose to the ICC's ACSU the approach by Mr Majeed that Mr Butt should bat a maiden over in the Oval Test was proved.
    'The Tribunal found that the charges under Article 2.1.1 of the Code that (respectively) Mr Asif agreed to bowl and did bowl a deliberate no ball in the Lord's Test match played between Pakistan and England from 26 to 29 August 2010, Mr Amir agreed to bowl and did bowl two deliberate no balls in the same Test, and Mr Butt was party to the bowling of those deliberate no balls, were proved.
    'We impose the following sanctions:
    'On Mr Butt a sanction of ten years ineligibility, five years of which are suspended on condition that he commits no further breach of the code and that he participates under the auspices of the Pakistan Cricket Board in a programme of Anti-Corruption education.
    'On Mr Asif a sanction of seven years ineligibility two years of which are suspended on condition that he commits no further breach of the code and that he participates under the auspices of the Pakistan Cricket Board in a programme of Anti-Corruption education.
    'On Mr Amir sanction of five years of ineligibility.
    'No further sanctions are imposed on any player and no orders are made as to costs.
    'The Tribunal has recommended to the ICC certain changes to the Code with a view to providing flexibility in relation to minimum sentences in exceptional circumstances.
    'The Tribunal note that it is for the ICC, whether and if so when, the fully reasoned decision in respect of the breaches of the Code and of the sanctions imposed in consequence should be published.
    'It is our strong and unanimous view that it is in the interests of all concerned in the world of cricket that publication should take place as soon as possible.'
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian Lara 88 vs Australia 2nd test 1995

It was one of the best innings from Lara with some scintillating strokes against the best attack.
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I keep saying Zaheer is the best fast bowler India produced.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Fleming's 134* .. For me, the best world cup innings I have ever seen since 1992.. This was a kind of innings where the batsman hit the ball exactly the place he wanted to hit. Also, he almost played all the shots in the text book. 21 fours in 134 is such a big number.

Fleming
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steven Davies reveals he is gay

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/503503.html

PS: Make this thread to sticky

Post Thanks / Like

Vintage footage. My oh my its been ages i have watched this appeal. Was quite a topic at that time.