Thread: World Cricket II

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?The only bowler who came anywhere near Ambrose was the great Pakistani Wasim Akram, whom I faced only in one-day cricket, and towards the end of his illustrious career. He was amazing. His swing bowling was so technically pristine that the seam was always in perfect position. Facing him was brilliant, because I knew every part of my game had to be in the groove to cope with the genius,? he said.

In one of his suggestions to improve the game, he said the conflict between traditional cricket and Twenty20 must be solved. And for that, he said Indian Premier League should be given a window in the international calendar.

?My solution: embrace the new wave. Franchise cricket, as played in the IPL, has revolutionised the game. Speaking as a player, there is nothing more exciting that the opportunity to play among the best players in the world. IPL, the world?s premier franchise tournament, is here to stay.

?Scheduling is the main point of conflict between the IPL and established game, particularly the clash of players? contract. This could be avoided in future by creating a two-month window in each year ? I would make it March and April ? when other forms of the game take a back seat. That is, no Tests, no World Cup cricket and so on. The IPL has the ability to generate international fan bases in the same way as the English football?s Premier League.

?I believe some IPL matches should go on the road each year and be played in other countries, to make it a global competition. The sooner the world of cricket embraces the IPL, the sooner everyone can find ways to benefit from its massive potential.?

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricke...cle1156182.ece

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement