Yet another great day.
Joe Root & Bairstow
Swann & Finn - haha great stuff!

I don't understand why they didn't enforce follow-on. (Botham, Atherton, Hussain - all were unified in befuddlement). They had bowled only about 40 overs and Finn/Swann were raring to go. NZ's only spinner is Williamson - not to be feared on the last day at all. Very safe and unbecoming of a team that should fight back to the top spot.

That said, Cook in flow - a joy. Yes, I said joy. Just to be clear you heard it, joy.
The drives he laid into, playing within, leaving and punishing looseners. Precisely what makes English cricket enjoyable.

Compton may be dropped He was unnecessarily defensive.
Vaganam wants Root to open instead, so KP can be back in the middle. I say make KP often if he wants to be in. Or Bell. Why fiddle with Root, who is doing well where he is.

What's come over Trott? He has gone overboard with his defensiveness. He played relatively freely in NZ. Now he is back to over-respecting the bowlers - like he did when he was in India.

England shouldn't bat much longer than lunch. Cook has unnecessarily put himself in a spot where he has to make a declaration that may backfire with too much sun and Ross Taylor, or be defensive and declare too late (like post tea).

Hoping for another rout.