Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarees the most graceful & ideal garment for Tamil Women

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear NOV - I thank you for you good efforts in making my thread look impressive.

At the very first you had three Pictures posted of which the first two were very nice but now not seen. Among the ones remaining first two and the last is O.K.

Have you got any photos showing Pavaadai, Thaavani, Sarees worn by young, and Sarees worn by elderly ladies all of "Tamil Nadu Style" - especially like what you see in the Pothys, Saravanas, Kumaran's advertisements with some "jewellery Pottu and Koonthal with Flowers". Also if your have any pictures of the young Boys and elderly men wearing Mel Angi & and Pattu Vesti and Salwai, to impresss how Indian dresses are more gracious looking than Western hippy type dresses to all.

Thanking you very much again for your very kind co-operation.

Important Note:
    "In this case" it cannot be added in the main text as it is too long and will not impressive, but should be added as the first Reply to Text - immediately after my text. Otherwise when Readers open the Thread and if it has - say five pages of replies from all, then it will not appear on opening the website and may Readers may not be aware of these pictures and bother to go to the 5th page.

Thanking you again Mikka Anbudan
    Virarajendra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is Lambretta?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear NOV,

Thanks very much - Very nice Photos portraying the beauty of the Indian Sarees and the traditional Indian Dress Culture which surpasses - the current Dressforms of the Hippy Culture of the West in modesty and richness, and enhances the beauty of every women tenfolds than what they are when in the Western dress.

The Male Dress form one with yellow Sarikai border you have posted looks very very good. If you have some more nicer Photos with Mel Anghi Pattu Vesti & Shawl with yellow sarukai border or in green & red Sarikai border "neatly and smartly dressed" and similer dressed boys to be posted it will be more impressive to portray & drive our views on the Tamil Dress Forms.

Any how whatever Photos on Female Dress Forms especiaaly Sarees you have included and Male Dress Form with yellow Sarikai Vesti are very very impressive- Thanks very much again for same.

In Chennai I have seen wonderful Posters of Pavaadai Dress worn by small girls, and Thavani Dress worn by young girls, and men with the Mel Anghi Pattu Veshti & Shawls looking very smart and impressive.

Thanks again

Virarajendra

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarees are indeed the most graceful garment for women. It makes them look very feminine :P
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Where is Lambretta?
    Talk of the devil and he's here? :P

'got to know of this thread only now, courtesy wibha!

I hardly visit any thread other than hubbers' lounge, plus rarely visit hub too nowadays!

Anyways, for now I intend to be just a silent viewer in this thread!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by ideal?...ideally it makes the wearer look attractive? Or it is ideal because "one size fits all"? Or?

Even though I myself do not like salwar kameez I can see that it is very easy to wear and work in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Even though I myself do not like salwar kameez I can see that it is very easy to wear and work in.
    I guess its all about getting used to it. I have seem yuppies like Scorpio wearing sarees and working comfortably.

Closer home there is a Miss Manners (who teaches social etiquette) who wears the saree elegantly. she only dresses in saree for work - Mrs Ambigaipakan.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by virarajendra View Post
    The Male Dress form one with yellow Sarikai border you have posted looks very very good. If you have some more nicer Photos with Mel Anghi Pattu Vesti & Shawl with yellow sarukai border or in green & red Sarikai border "neatly and smartly dressed" and similer dressed boys to be posted it will be more impressive to portray & drive our views on the Tamil Dress Forms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarees are definitely not comfortable. Therefore not ideal and efficient. They look really pretty not goina lie but it's not for everyone. Salwars are a lot better. I don't know about thavanis but since they're similar to Sarees I'm going to assume they're uncomfortable too!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast