Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: KUGAN'S KITCHEN PART 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, kuchchi murukku is nothing but the murukku made in kuchchi shape mould... I think it's more popularly known as mullu murukku... just make tht murukku in stick shape instead of round shape...

Thayir kuzhambu is lil diff from mor kuzhambu... we use curd instead of mor & also the ingre also varies a bit...I'll post the recipe soon,..
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello friends,
    Hope all of you had a fabuous pongal time.
    Suvai avargale...... nyabagama en fun times pathi ketrukeenga...... thanks

It was a real fun time in our campus. There was a small village set up with 3 small houses with thinnai and odu. there was a kangeyan kaalai brought and tied up. Pakkave it was so gambeeram and so different from normal kaalai maadu.
    There were some goats and Hens (all fully grown) and cute chicks. A 5 mins Naattu kozhi sandai was demonstrated.
    We had uri-adi game. The uri was tied up and the person was blind folded and asked to hit. Except 2 guys, all were going in some direction and aiming at the watching crowd. This was real fun.
    There was a rangoli competition just 8 entries, but the presentation was awesome.
    Food items were very few with Kambukoozh, neer mor and panagam and sakkarai and ven pongal. Later dinner was served from a hotel, a combo of godumai ravai upma, sambar sadam and parotta (enna combinationnu kekka koodadhu !) Oru paani poori stall was an added flavour.
    Some music and dance and a short skit on katta panjayathu with one nattaamai. Thiruvilaiyaadal cinema on 35mm projector and a lucky dip draw. Dharumi episode mudinjadhum most of the people left and the place was nearly empty. So we stopped the movie and went home.

5 pm to 10 pm was a real time. Apram angeye konjama pongal seidhu, pasu maadukku poojai pottanga around 9.00 p.m.
    Ippadiyaaga pongal celebrate pannom..

(no no no...yaarum J padakkoodadhu, especially dev...)
    Sudha
    Coimbatore
    ---------------------------------------------

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kugan98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kugan's Kitchen

Dev, thanks for all the nice posts.
    Lap top vanthudichaa?

Dev, befoe I used to enjoy kambu rice with hot dried fish curry,
    brinjals and motchai.

Ippa ellam only hot puli kulambu.
    If someone comes from India, they usually bring the cleaned
    kambu, and the kambu flour.

Thanks, Kugan98
    Chefs are just like children.
    They should be seen not heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Kugan's Kitchen

Suvai nga thanks for all your nice posts and comments.
    I will post the detailed recipes for dosai and things.

Paarungga Suvai, Dev, laddu, badusha rave laddu ellam senchi
    saapitu irukiraanga.

Let her enjoy, namma saapita mathiri irukatum

Thanks Suvai nga, Kugan98

Post Thanks / Like

Kugan's Kitchen

Sudha, I am very happy that you had a wonderful time in your campus.
    Neeram pohnathey teriyathu.
    Nice games, nice menu.
    Thanks Sudha for sharing your happiness with us.
    Thanks. Kugan98

Post Thanks / Like

Homemade Peanut Butter (kugan)

[tscii]This is how I make my own peanut butter.

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER

Ingredients:
    4 cups shelled roasted peanuts
    ½ tsp salt
    ¼ cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup canola oil

Method:
    In a dry grinder powder the peanuts first.
    Then in a food processor, mix the ground peanuts,
    salt sugar and oil.
    Process the mixture until very smooth.
    You will have to stop and scrap the mixture few times.
    Remove and store in an airtight container.
    You can store it in the fridge for about 2 months.
    ( That is if you still have them)

Note: It will harden a bit if kept in the fridge.
    Remove it for about 20 minutes and you will have
    A spreadable consistency.

THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE BUTTER:

[html:b148a00f29]

[/html:b148a00f29]

THE PEANUT BUTTER:

[html:b148a00f29]

[/html:b148a00f29]

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, neenga cbe vaanga...idhai vida super virundhu yerpaadu pannidurom...

Sudhaka, sry... vara mudiyalai... glad u had a very nice time...neenga enna sonnalaum ennala J podaama irukka mudiyaadhu...so JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ...:P

K, ella sweetsum naan senjadhu illai... veetil badhusa mattum senjom... laddu & rava ladoo was from cousins...

Peanut butter sooper... mine too is same except for lil less oil & naan mixiela ellathaiyum onna pote oru vazhiyai senjiduven peanut buttera...

& for those who like chunky peanut butter, just add in some crushed peanuts at the end & mix...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like

Tayir Kulambu (Dev)

Suvai, idho thayir kuzhambu recipe... this kuzhambu is usually made when u have lotsa curd leftover from teh previous day. If u don't like sour curd, u can use fresh curd. But I like slight sourness from the curd.

Thayir kuzhambu:

Grind 4 tbsp coconut,2 garlic, 1"gin,1tsp jeera & 1/4 tsp mustard seeds with req green chilly, lil salt to a paste adding very lil water if req.

cook 1/4 kg ashgourd( vellai pooshanikai), cut into fingers, with salt & water. Once cooked drain any excess water & let it cool.

Add the veg & the paste to 1 cup of slightly sour curd(beat slightly so tht the curry is not lumpy). Adjust salt.

Season with mustard,urad,dry r.chilly & curry leaves. You can also add chopped baby onions fried until pinkish but I don't. The onions give a nice crunch to the kuzhambu.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kugan nga....thanks for the peanut butter....recipe & method looks very simple......dev...thank u too !!

kugan nga...when u get time plz post the kambu /dosai/ idly & ofcourse if u know of any other recipe with it also plz. (take yr time nga no rush).

amaamnga kugan when i read the menu that dev prepared... i was thinking adengappa....i am sure she must have invited family & friends over too....avolo variety....
    dev awesome that u made badhusha!!

dev ...neenga anba koopitathey....manasum stomach um nerainji poidichi......cbe vantha meet paniduvom

sudha nga....thank u for so kindly writing about the pongal treat at yr campus....kangeyan na ennaanga? is that a town or city that is famous for Bulls...just like jersey cows?.
    aduthu....i loved the uri adi part....that would have been real fun.....i bet everyone who visited must have a good time thanks once again for sharing the write up.

dev...thayir kuzhambu....recipe sounds interesting....do u really cook the kuzhambu on fire or not..... cooking time solalaiye? how long to cook it.? Would the kuzhambu look watery or thick?

oh kuchi muruku ...now i know which one u mean.. here i was thinking it is a different muruku recipe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai, u shouldn't cook the thayir kuzhambu... just mix the raw masala paste to the curd and add boiled vegs & season it... avalo thaan... the kuzhambu should neither be watery nor thick... senju paarthu sollunga... very easy & tasty...idhu innoru kongu specialityoo ennavo theriyalai... I thought this curry too should be well known just like mor kuzhambu!!!...

here is a pic for ur reference...

[html:918678d357]

[/html:918678d357]