Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HJ & his melodies

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV: First line resembles somewhat, but this is quite different lah. UnniK illai. Harish ragavendra & OS Arun.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked HJ's aagaaya sooriyanai song from Samurai (it has another nice melody 'moongil kaadugaLae'), "Ennaik konjam maatRi" was a novel attempt too ...

But as I said earlier, I feel HJ is yet to give one song, which we will remember and discuss after say, 20 years from now ...

NagaS

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing personal against you NagaS
    I however feel that HJ has given stunning numbers already, signature tunes like
    1) Azhagiya theeyE
    2) Vaseegara
    3) Uyirin uyire
    4) Ondra renda aasaigaL
    5) Ennai konjam

Does anyone feel moongil kaadugalae reminds one of the uyarndhavargaL song Iraivan irendu bommaigal seidhan thaan vilayada (the part where the latter song goes veyyil enna minnal enna ..)?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    theo nly album i like from hj is Laysa Laysa & 12b,others r not rememberable...trust me... vaseegara is not listenable even now...its turns so boring now...seriously...but laysa2 is good,also 12b,but he has looooooooooots of copy from ARR,thats the minus points!!! he aint creative to create his own style or tune! just go tru my site www.arrahman.iscool.net under copy kat section!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vaseegarA, 'style' inspired by Careless Whispers, has a similar long life...I can hear this song any number of times...

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to dinesh2002 for talking abt Laysa Laysa, Let me add one more in my list of HJ fav - "Laysa Laysa" by anu sriram

Ithukkumaela naan paesinaa mumbai ramki kochchuppaar, DSP Prem Kumar(yaarppa athu ?)kitta poiduvaar )

NagaS

Post Thanks / Like
    HJ must have some talent because he is being sought by many now. Maybe he mimicks ARR but how many MD's can do that and still be at the top? The reason for HJ's success, IMO, apart from his use of trendy ARR-type of music, is that some of his songs are very soothing to hear. The music is not loud, an opinion expressed by more than one person that I know. His tunes also do not seem to fall into a predictable pattern. Can' t wait to hear Anniyan.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    AvaL ulaga azhagiye - tune and orchestration was pleasing. But both YSR and HJ (chief mimics of ARR) in an attempt to make the melodies extremely catchy sacrifice the soul of the song more often than not.
    VS, on the other hand, whose forte is melody and not fast numbers(although a couple of his dappanguthus have become big hits) has given quite a few delectable tunes in the last 2 years.

Mouname paarvayaai, Poovasam (Anbe Sivam)
    Aalanguyil (Parthiban Kanavu) - now here is a song that can be discussed even after a few years. The closest thing to a "semi-classical" in TFM in the last 5 years
    Poi solla koodadhu - Run
    Neeya pesiyadhu - Thirumalai
    Azhagooril pirandhavaLe (SPB freaks out when he is given a melody like this)- Thirumalai

and a few more..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NagaS<
    Did u not like Moongile Kadukale song ..Good lyrics ,good singing ,prononuciation ,nice interludes ....I feel this is the best song of Harris Jeyaraj ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast