View Poll Results: Will it break the box office record of Titanic?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 76.47%
  • No

4 23.53%
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AVATAR James Cameron's Magic.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tamizharasan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avatar nominated for best picture(drama) and best director in the golden globes.

http://www.goldenglobes.org/news/id/159

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    James camroon's worst movie is TITANIC.... I was eagerly sitting in theatre to see how the ship wreck was shot....other than ship wrecking, the movie is pathetic.....

As groucho said, T2 is mindblowing till now.....It was running 175 days in ALANGAR.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO ... the extrodinary thing in Titanic was the background work that was involved and not just title or romance or actors !!!

trying to recreate the disaster of the early 20th century - with an enormous ship which was almost recreated ...... and not just graphics .... and technicality and behind the screen effort kku dhaan mukkiyamaa andha padam stood apart !!!!
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    700 prints for avatar in India. tamil version alone take 100 prints and rest are Aangilam, Indhi and telungu. Sathyam cinemas has rights to release avatar in TN. Even tomorrow Satyam theatre screens avatar 3D version (kannadiyoda paarungo with Rs. 20 extra charge)

Eagerly waiting for this move but 2D ya illa 3D ya

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh 3D screens, glasses vera irukka?
    Bangalore la endha theater la 3D undu?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My reply got mixed up in other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    LM,
    Bangalore la endha theater la 3D vasadhi irukku?
    Fame Cinemas, Ulsoor & Fame Shankarnag (Old Symphony theater), MG Road both have 3D shows.

Inox - Garuda Mall is also supposed to screen in 3D, but I'm unable to confirm.
    [html:f6de74cb7b][/html:f6de74cb7b]

Post Thanks / Like
    LM

By the way, it should be 'Cameron' and not 'Cameroon' in the title

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it started playing on wednesday nite in malaysia.
    bought tickets for saturday nite
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RGV romba overa pesaraare

Some people say less is more. I say, more is less and too much is not enough – James Cameron.

As I stepped out of Imax last night after watching AVATAR in 3D, I hated James Cameron for in comparison to the ultra futuristic vision of his, he made me feel like a pre-historic being of cinema in every which way. AVATAR in 3D is the most mind-blowing cinematic experience anybody can ever hope to have in their entire lifetime. Nearly 3 decades ago I remember being awestruck with Star Wars and now nearly 30 years later AVATAR to me looked 30 years ahead of its time both in its creative output and also in terms of James Cameron’s sheer imaginative power.

Some people said that it’s low on the emotional quotient compared to Titanic but if at all, that could be because the visuals and the atmosphere of the film are so breathtaking that it takes you that much more time and effort to connect to its emotional aspect and its story when compared to a normal film with normal people.

I have never believed in God but I think James Cameron is greater than God for the simple reason that he created a far more beautiful, far more fantastic and far more exotic world than what even God can ever hope to create.

And all this he managed to do it in a paltry budget of 1200 Crores. Yes, I say it’s a paltry budget considering we make films like Kambhakt Ishq and London Dreams for budgets nearly touching 80 to 90 crores which is nearly as much as 1/12th of the budget of AVATAR and then every shot of AVATAR looks 12000 times better than our entire so-called 100 crore films.

I honestly feel that it is a crime to give away such a glorious experience as that of watching AVATAR for a mere 100 or 200 Rupee ticket to us common people.

When someone asked me if the special efx of AVATAR will inspire other filmmakers, I said that on the contrary they might have a reverse effect. What I mean is that we can only aspire to become someone when we can atleast have a belief that we can reach someone’s potential but James Cameron in AVATAR created a bench mark so high that it will take years for us lesser folk even to comprehend it let alone attempt to execute it.

It’s like if you aspire to be a runner and somehow hope to run at a speed of 20km per hour which may be the world record and then when on the track you see a guy running at 200kmph you would rather give up and come back and make family dramas and TV serials and leave the running to James Cameron.

Titanic was fantastic but it did not shake me up inspite of everyone else around me back then saying that James Cameron is God of cinema.

But with his second coming “AVATAR” I have surely turned religious.

I want to pray to him for making “AVATAR”.

I hate him for making all us so-called filmmakers in the world feel like ants. (Read chooths)

I love him for the passion and the patience with which he created new benchmarks in each and every technical aspect of the medium of films.

And lastly, “I thank him for existing”.

P.S: I truly believe “AVATAR” will divide cinema as we knew it so far into a pre “AVATAR” and a post “AVATAR” era.

Don’t see it…. Experience it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's with this Star Wars fixation? Ivanga ellam 2001 paathadhe illiya? 2001 wallops the behind of every sci-fi movie released till now in every department. Star Wars is a Chutti TV cartoon, in comparison. Naansanssss

BTW, liked the bit about Kambakht Ishq and London Dreams

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast