Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: IT Professionals

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are only two tables. So, if you place the field of contact table on the left hand side of your query, then it should be left outer join.

i.e. say, if you join as
    contact.emplid = course.emplid, then it has to be contact.emplid (+) = course.emplid, in Oralce.

In generic SQL, it can be written as :

select * from contact
    left outer join course on
    contact.emplid = course.emplid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber kirukan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    I have a contact table, and a course table. Now some of them have attended the course and some have not, how would I find the ones who have not attended the course ?

would be be contact left outer join, right outer join??

pls advice
    There are many ways to achieve this please find below two of them

select c.* from contacts c left outer join course r on(c.contactid=r.contactid) where r.contactid is null

select * from contacts where contactid not in(select contactid from course)

Hope this helps
    -
    கிறுக்கன்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks App anne and kirukan, much appreciated
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Nvarchar should support $$ sings right ?? I am doing a data import package from a csv file, and one of the columns contains this $$ sign? when I import, it fails. saying data concversion error.

The field this column being imported is of navarchar(250) data type.

any ideas
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Is it it worth to be Microsoft certified to improve your job prospects ?

If any one is Microsoft certified, please advice ?

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are lot of certifications by Microsoft, Param. Which one you are asking about?

It helps to some extent in job search, if you ask me. If you get something like MVP or MCSE, it's definitely helpful.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Is it it worth to be Microsoft certified to improve your job prospects ?

If any one is Microsoft certified, please advice ?
    I was Microsoft Certified once ( I say once because most certifications expire in two years). MCAD I think, I even forgot what was it called. I need to see the certificate. Yes, it sure helps you in marketing your resume and it has a side effect as well. People would expect a lot in the interviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    There are lot of certifications by Microsoft, Param. Which one you are asking about?

It helps to some extent in job search, if you ask me. If you get something like MVP or MCSE, it's definitely helpful.
    LM

I am talking MSCE, MCP etc . I Have a BSc(hons) 2.1 and MSc in Computing still most companies are asking for such Microsoft Certifications , thinking of doing some, but just cant be bothered to study

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    ( I say once because most certifications expire in two years).
    Really so every two years you have to 'top up your self'

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd

has a side effect as well. People would expect a lot in the interviews

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982

LM

I am talking MSCE, MCP etc . I Have a BSc(hons) 2.1 and MSc in Computing still most companies are asking for such Microsoft Certifications , thinking of doing some, but just cant be bothered to study
    In which Microsoft technology you want to get certified? You will get an MCP if you just pass one exam. For MCSE, you have to pass 6 exams (4 mandatory papers + 2 electives/optional). MCSE certainly adds value to your resume. In the end, it all boils down to your skill in explaining what you know in interviews.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast