Page 4 of 250 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw PR (tamil) in Suriyan at Uthayam and had a good experience. Never expected a Malayalam film with such technical qualities (). The movie got claps at places. Kudos to IR, director, technicians and JM (dialogue).

Forget to mention, show was housefull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, I watched PR (Malayalam) at Serra Theaters@Milpitas.
    It was the penultimate show as the movie had already run for two weeks.

The movie was quite enjoyable. Good performances from the cast, including Sarath Kumar. Much has been said about the way the Brits have been portrayed, cartoonish, cut-out stereotypes.

The music was thunderous at times, grandiose, rightfully so, subdued and poignant when necessary. Several rousing variations of the battle theme were played, adding intensity to the action scenes.

I sat up and took notice of the BGM at couple of places: When Sarath and Mamooty square off with sword, and the climax.

Adhi ushas, and the laahilahi songs were pictured very well.

Sadly, my favorite song, OdamthaNNil, was left out of the movie. I guess it must have been a duet between Padmapriya and Manoj K Jayan. It may have slowed down the pace of the movie.

-Gokul.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more review

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displ...=m112309022728

As a FINAL word for this review, all the people who are desperately in need of a change in music should buy this album for keeps! And as I end this one, Sachin Tendulkar’s famous catchline enters my mind– Go Get It!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliflo
    One more review

As a FINAL word for this review, all the people who are desperately in need of a change in music should buy this album for keeps! And as I end this one, Sachin Tendulkar’s famous catchline enters my mind– Go Get It!
    And how many marks has the reviewer given (surprise!), 6.5/10!!

And why does everyone say all 3 versions of Mudi Mudi are the same? Prelude, interlude, BG idhellam oru porutte illiya ivangalukku?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliflo
    One more review

And how many marks has the reviewer given (surprise!), 6.5/10!!

And why does everyone say all 3 versions of Mudi Mudi are the same? Prelude, interlude, BG idhellam oru porutte illiya ivangalukku?
    avangalllam lyrics mattume song, adhanaala dhaan music dirs pozhappu nadatharaanga pugazh adayaraanga appdinnu solra koshti pola irukku.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala, to his credit, the reviewer has clearly identified that there are significant differences between the 3 versions of the song. There seems to be a clear dichotomy between his/her appreciation and his 'duty' as a reviewer for this particular site which seems to be to kind of serve as a "go-to" for the average joe to decide whether or not to buy an album. Which is why he keeps harping on "music lovers will like this" but pritam fans keep away.

Much to his credit, he has actually identified that the 3 versions are different. This is an improvement over the average amit.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Bala, to his credit, the reviewer has clearly identified that there are significant differences between the 3 versions of the song. There seems to be a clear dichotomy between his/her appreciation and his 'duty' as a reviewer for this particular site which seems to be to kind of serve as a "go-to" for the average joe to decide whether or not to buy an album. Which is why he keeps harping on "music lovers will like this" but pritam fans keep away.
    Yeah, he does, actually - my bad!
    Aana andha "Non-ardent music listeners might not be able to notice the difference between this track and the last one" paathu lighta unarchivasappattutten though what he says is true!
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pazhassi Raja Audio Launch Function

Raja's speech in clip 3 and 4. Doesn't sound controversial in the speech.

http://www.sivajitv.com/events/Ilaya...unch-Video.htm

Also watch clip 5

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the speech, it looks like IR got frustrated that ONV could not write lyrics (despite giving multiple tunes) and also that finally he had to compromise and compose music for his lyrics. Looks like it bothered him a lot and he had to let it out.

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR could have let out his frustration in a small circle rather than put it in public. I don't know what prompted him to tell it in the audio release function. As far as we know, I don't think this was a response to any criticism against him (or his music for the movie).

BTW, Ouseppachhan thinks, IR gave a statement like this because the music for the film did not do well. Otherwise, IR would not have made the statement, it seems.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100279135.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Page 4 of 250 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast