Page 245 of 250 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV - well done. Upload, please!Rajasaranam - vAngO a theist . Ippo sollungo KadavuL irukkArA? Thanks for the uplodads!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

Who said Rajasaranam is an atheist. He always believes that #RajaIsGod

Post Thanks / Like
    The Marathi movie is supposed to be releasing on 25th Nov. Anyone has any clue if the music is out?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV, Excellent, thank you very much for your detailed review.
    RS, Thanks a lot for the youtube uploads, will hear it once I reach home today.

I am planning to watch the movie this thursday, not sure if I will be able to make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    KV, on sita's final decision , here's my wife's take: "unakku idhE poyappA pOchu. Ayodhikku ittunu pOva vEndiyadhu. pOva sollo azhukkAna thuNi thovaichu kAyarathukuLLa kAttukku pOmmEna vEndiyadhu. Idhukku nAn enga aathA vootulEyE nimmadhiyA iruppEnE". Before raja_fan turns up

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never thought Ramayana is a great epic. the impressive excerpts of Kambaramayanam that I read enhanced only my respect for the language and not for the subject matter. Some of our family friends (with names like ravanan ) claim it is an epic from the north but my other learned tamil friends assure me it is part/parcel of the ethos of the whole subcontinent. Whatever it is it is a clear portrayal of the second-class status of women in the society those days. Ramayanam and mahabaratham hailed as greatest epics of our country are also the ones I am very defensive about. Somebody set me right Anyways, I will never be able to appreciate the Ram fervor of my fellow countrymen.
    rajasaranam has tried but if somebody could upload high quality soundtracks I will really appreciate ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    KV, on sita's final decision , here's my wife's take: "unakku idhE poyappA pOchu. Ayodhikku ittunu pOva vEndiyadhu. pOva sollo azhukkAna thuNi thovaichu kAyarathukuLLa kAttukku pOmmEna vEndiyadhu. Idhukku nAn enga aathA vootulEyE nimmadhiyA iruppEnE". Before raja_fan turns up
    Yes Plum sir !
    I am here, not because I wanted to continue to argue , but because you have unnecessarily provoked me with this particularly post of yours.
    I do not want to comment anything if you think you are too smart in your posts and interpretations about Ramayana, but you also think world cares about what your wife has to say on this !!
    Who next ?
    Carry on !

Post Thanks / Like
    R-F: sorry for hurting you. Btw, I generally don't care for people read my posts are not - primarily because if I like them, I re-read them often for my own pleasure. We are narcisstic that way. En kadamai post seyvadhodu mudigiRadhu. Ungalukku pidikkudho pidikkalaiyo unga ishtam/kashtam.

Post Thanks / Like
    /Dig

kiru,

I personally don't have any problems with the epics. They depict a time and a set of morals of that time. There is no need to be defensive at all. I have read other epics from around the world starting from Old Testament and I can assure you all epics have their own issues, if you see them with our current vision. V S Naipaul, even in his younger days when he was spewing venom about India, had good words to say about Ramayana. Ofcourse it will take a long long essay to show why it is such a great epic.

I also want nothing to do with the Rama Senas but that is a different topic.

/End Dig

Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, nicely put. The two extreme views - putting down the epics without making an attempt to engage deeply and equally, blind acceptance and touchiness about it - both disturb me.