Page 230 of 250 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Aavanithumbi, a different version of "Chithira Sevvanam"?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad, for sure. No stellar song like 'Aaro pAdunna' (the sole reason for me being a little curious about this album), but no major duds either.
    As has been the case most of the times in His newer albums, the Malayalam melodies somehow sound sweeter than the Thamizh ones.

Querida, Suresh65, sattubuttnu kannathla pOtukanga, illAti ummachi kanna kuththidum

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sneha Veedu - beautiful album! Ilaiyaraaja doesnt disappoint. There are some "Malayalam stamp" kind of tunes - like the chitra song (some phrases do sound familiar) and there are some tunes that can be imported to any other (south indian) language as well - such as Aavanathumbi (it sounds a lot like some of 80s tamil songs of IR - the 1st interlude reminds me of interlude in "Kadhal Kavidhaigal" from Gopura Vasalile). Chandrabimbathil is impressive as well! And Amruthamaayi is a nugget anyway. My order of liking would start with this song, ending with Chitra song. The bottom order keeps shuffling though
    Verdict: I love this album!

Now Some statistical overaction:

2011 Verdict(so far): for me...
    Loved: Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai, Ponnar Shankar, Sneha Veedu, Sri rama Rajyam
    Mixed opinions (liked just 1 or 2 songs): Ayyan, Sengathu bhoomiyile, Thandavakone
    Didnt like: Hare Rama Hare Krishna

Thats pretty much like evening out - by number of films. But by number of songs, I have liked 21 songs composed by Ilaiyaraaja this year. Thats quite good! Great going Mr. Ilaiyaraaja! you never cease to surprise me!
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, not bad.
    It is difficult to surpass Vinodayatra and bhagyadevata when it comes to this combo. This one, predictably, doesn't.
    But it doesn't plumb the depths of the previous Lalettan-sathyan-IR combo either.

Btw, saw bhagyadevata yesterday. among the lesser films of this combo. Saw first half of katha thodarunnu last month - that one promises to be better.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

I will say that as you keep hearing this album will easily reach the heights of Vinoda Yatra I am very sure. Difficult to rate any one album of this combo as the best. I love this album a lot for the excellent melodies that Raja has given.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I am still stuck on Sita seemantham, kalaya nizama, raama raama ane from SRR, this comes as a big bonus. And what a contrast to his previous films this year. This is what I have been expecting from Satyan-IR combo. I am flying high. Every song is a breath-taking and unique experience. Captured my heart straightaway. I could not pick the best out of it. Sheer brilliant melodies and at the same time not stretching and stressing too much on interludes. All concentration on the soul which is the tune. A Delight to hear. Thank you Satyan sir!

I agree with Sureshji that it will easily reach other Satyan's greats.

BTW, superb reviews Sureshji, krish244 and raagas. Sureshji you said it all beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks V_S. Yes, it is indeed a sort of sweet pain that before we can fully digest the songs of one album, another one comes along!! Same happened in 2009. The next album should be the Marathi one. I heard that in some show Arya said he will be releasing 'Padithurai' after Diwali. If that happens, we are in for a real treat.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay - I love this album. Can't stop listening to it. I do have my reservations - synth, familiar etc., - but deep down inside me, the Raja fanatic is so glad that he is still making lovable music - not that he stopped making it - somehow that reassurance beats everything else - at times I think that makes me happy more than the product itself. Anyway, surrender

anyone else or is it just me- the Hariharan number is so Vidhyasagar!
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Post Thanks / Like
    AravindMano: 'appadi vaayaa vazhikku'