Page 229 of 250 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sivasub,

The 'theeyani daanimma' was actually first done in Malayalam for Balu Mahendra's 'Yathra'. The pallavi was completely based on 'Favorite Things'. Not here. It is not a direct one but the rhythmic pattern sounds like that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's also Pootukkal pottalum. In Malayalam, thannannam thaananna. Nireekshana was Yathra remake, although they fitted in a thumbi vaa rehash into it.

Suresh, unga oorula enga katchi nemba stronggu. Jaagradhaiyaa irundhukkunga

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

Forget about the 'katchi'. Go listen to 'Snehaveedu' first. As a person who loves the Malayalam female solos, you should listen to this album and appreciate the songs. Do it now

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh65

Arumaiyana Vimarsanam.

Infact I liked the Shreya Goshal song, specifically the variance between Pallavi and Charanam, but still seemless (only IR can do that)

Hariharan has sung in a controlled manner, much thanks SIr

The duet is ok, still not a fan of Rahul's voice. Shweta has her mother's sweet voice

Ofcourse, IR has given the best to Chitra, and as you said, she is proven once again that she is the best after SJ.

Good/Nice soothing album.

MaycI say it is a Hat-trick for IR after a long time ?

Bala

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant write up on Ilayaraja's re-recording for "Sri Rama Rajyam". Says Ilayaraja usually does re-recording with two keyboards. But for this film, he opted to use live instruments, with 70 musicians. He refused to go down the beaten track set by previous mythology based movies, and did something new & unique, almost like he re-did the screenplay with his rerecording. Producer says IR did the rerecording as if he was doing research in music.
    http://andhravilas.com/telugunews/23...highlight.html

Goosebumps!

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, a shoot-on-sight order for saying not wow...goodness what if i said she was just plain horrible? I would be lying of course...she is a competent singer...just as Suresh said not quite reaching that connection...for me anyways..

as for "katchi" why have one in my own land when I got intl support
    but please no politics mucking up my music
    and order can be put into immediate effect if you promise to play IR instrumental music during my funeral.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I felt Shreya's 'avanithumbi' sounded more like a tamil song , maybe due to her pronounciation. The music that comes after the lines ... thanaalo , ( ? violins) heavenly.
    Also felt that Rahul's rendition of 'amruthamai' was better than Hariharan's and for the duet did not sound as great as he did for the solo. Chitra vazhakkam pol kalakkivittaar.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts:

Chandra bimbathin: A nice, slow and floating tune. The first interlude comprising of synth bass and chorus is great. Nice bass / accompanying music touches in charanams too. 2nd interlude is a contrast though. Rahul Nambiar sounds different in pallavi and charanam.

Amruthamayi: Hariharan's does a great job in the prelude humming with fantastic guitar strains. Again fantastic start to the first interlude with those synth / guitar. Short but nice touches of guitar in charanams too (notice when HH starts "prapanchangal/prabhadhangal.."). I loved the synth (??) electric guitar tune in 2nd interlude. Though RN has done a good job, I loved HH's version.

Aavanithumbi: Nice tune and liked both the interludes. The way music (synth strings??) accentuates the tune in charanams sound nice. Shreya (my current favourite singer) has done a good job. I started getting this feeling some time back (echoed by some here in forum) that her sweet voice (apart from ability to sing so well) is becoming the dominant factor when compared to the feelings expressed, though there are some examples (as said by some one "kannil paarvai") to prove me otherwise. That said and done, I admire her capability, attention and the extra efforts she puts to sing in other languages and bringing out admirable results.

Chengathir: Maybe because of the little familiarity of the tune, this song attracted me the least. Otherwise, no complaints about this song.

Amruthamay and chandra bimbathin will be treasured (and played frequently) for sure. Aavanithumbi could be added to that list

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milliblog review

Chengathir kaiyum is so obviously sweet, thanks to Chithra’s gorgeous vocals and Raja channeling his Kshatriyan number ‘Poottakkal pottalum’. In Shreya’s Aavanithumbi – another reliably sweet song – Raja’s interludes takes you through a nostalgic trip down his other rich repertoire without pinning on one song. Rahul Nambiar sounds oddly different across the pallavi and anupallavi of Chandrabimbathin, even as its beautiful, almost-ghazal’ish tune sits uncomfortably atop incongruent interludes. Amruthamayi, the soundtrack’s best, rises above Karthikraja’ish synth due to the sheer strength of its melody, while Hariharan’s version sounds better than Rahul’s. Snehaveedu is a bit too predictable, syrupy soundtrack.