Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Thanks Sunil

Well Iam happy that Raaja's section of forumhub is in safe hands with suresh & sunil doing a great job . i find sunil as passionate Iam (was?!!) in sharing Raaja's music here... thanks for that quick upload. Iam yet to decipher what Raaja is doing in this album. Given a single listen to all songs in one go... Iam in for a treat greater than Ponnar Shankar is what I feel.... 'Neeral Udal Kazhuvi's soundscape is something Experts will be dissecting in the coming days for sure! What a song!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Full songs - I got the album and uploaded it. Will post my views later

http://www.mediafire.com/?znb9x15li2sa6lb
    hi - a humble but firm request: will you please desist from uploading songs from recent albums ? that setting a very very bad example / precedent and am sure neither the Maestro, nor Agi Music nor the producers of the film would welcome stuff such as this

may i request you to kindly delete the uploaded songs and encourage ppl to buy their own stuff ?

no wonder IR is not interested in doing innovative projects, when ppl liberally download his songs without paying a cent/paisa !
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Vinatha,

Sounds more line Punnagavarali. Am unable to come out of this song!! Very different from what Raja has done till now. The ambient atmosphere he creates is amazing. The next para sounds like Nadhanamakriya. Song in loop now. As Hulk said, Raja doesn't age.
    That song is certainly something i have never heard thalaivar do so far. Its like a devotional song orchestrated with the song's background telling tales of a human life through pain and truth. The cymbals and that bagpipe like instrument(anyone knows what it is?) really add to the atmosphere. Its pretty similar to GVP's effort in Aayirathil Oruvan with the PB Srinivas song except thalaivar totally brings philosophical darkness to a whole new level with his orchestration

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliflo View Post

ராசா கைல மைக்கு கொடுத்துருக்காங்களே ...ஏடா கூடமா எதுவும் நடக்காத வரை பாக்கியம்...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Amazon has started selling the CD but only in Pounds. The CD will end up costing more than six pounds!! Will wait for the CD to be released here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    hi - a humble but firm request: will you please desist from uploading songs from recent albums ? that setting a very very bad example / precedent and am sure neither the Maestro, nor Agi Music nor the producers of the film would welcome stuff such as this

may i request you to kindly delete the uploaded songs and encourage ppl to buy their own stuff ?

no wonder IR is not interested in doing innovative projects, when ppl liberally download his songs without paying a cent/paisa !
    Hi, I purchased the album from Amazon yesterday as it was available here in the UK and I quote suresh ji on that. I decided to upload for the unfortunate lot who live in the area where the album hasn't been released. I'm not promoting some dodgy pirate site. BTW follow hulkster's raaga link as my link is disabled now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Hi, I purchased the album from Amazon yesterday as it was available here in the UK and I quote suresh ji on that. I decided to upload for the unfortunate lot who live in the area where the album hasn't been released. I'm not promoting some dodgy pirate site. BTW follow hulkster's raaga link as my link is disabled now.
    hi - my sincere apologies if you misunderstood my posting - it was only a request and not meant to be critical of you! i can understand the situation with IR's earlier albums, but this one i thought was available even on CD Baby.com - hence the request

Sureshs65: mannitthuvidungal ennai! i didnt see your earlier request / posting!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    My review of 'Thandavakone':

1. 'kaatu vazhi': The album kicks off with this philosophical song. The rhythm is lilting and as Sunil mentioned a far east instrument like Mandolin opens the prelude. Raja's voice fits these type of songs to a 'T'. The first interlude has mandolin talking to the synth which plays like a sax. The charanam goes the Raja way, increasing its melodic content. I love the 'sambo siva siva' chant. My friend Kamesh commented this was not like 'appan endrum'. It definitely isn't. It is the song of a person who has come to accept life.

2. 'kuladeiva kovilukku': An energetic duet. Typically what Raja used to reserve for Swarnalatha. To be fair Priya does a nice job here. When Raja is using the thavil there never will be any dearth of energy. Here too the thavil maintains the energy throughout. The sudden beat change during the charanam is a pleasant surprise. This is a song which will appeal to people immediately. Amazing energy. Not sure if they will match this energy on the screen.

3. 'aanukkula latchanangal': This is probably the mandatory love duet. Priya and Haricharan do a nice job. The pallavi is very melodious and as usual it twists and turns before getting back to the start. The first interlude has the synth playing sax and flute. The charanam starts very melodiously. And my pet theory: the sweetness keeps increasing till the final twist happens. Raja doesn't loop to the pallavi but instead gets to the second interlude. The most melodious song of the album without doubt.

4. 'enna pol': A song which shows me again why I keep falling at his feet. What a conception. Let me explain why I am saying this for this particular song. This song is sung by a person who seems to be regretting his past deeds. Now if you don't like your past, you pass through multiple emotions, chief among them being regret and then anger. The charanam starts of with regret, the pace, the uncertain rhythm, mapping to the regret of the singer. Then this regret leads to self hatred and the tune becomes powerful and finally the energy drains and the normalcy returns. I can't think of a song which captures so many emotions in one charanam. Raja could have easily made this into a standard regret song. But he thinks beyond it and gives this song. His work ethic is impeccable. Sriram Parthasarathy does a nice job in conveying the required emotions.

5. 'neeral udal kazhuvi': Just when I thought 'ennai pol' was amazing creativity comes this song. It is as if Raja wanted to do 'umbarkkat arase' again but not with the symphonic backing but with modern backing. The instrument is not something like we have heard from Raja earlier. He lets Manika Vinayagam sing the thogayara. (BTW this is not a song. Just recital of verses.) And then around him Raja paints an impressionistic landscape. A mandolin strum there, a few taps on the drums here, synth playing like a shenai, a constant drone accompanying the song. You not sure what sound will emerge the next second. If there is one amazing fusion, not the fusing we know of Raja but of a different variety, this is the one. I personally feel Manika Vinayagam was probably never tested this much and he passes the exam. The words are in pure Tamizh and it adds to the charm. A highly philosophical song.

'unna pol': The tune is same as 'enna pol', though the lyrics and orchestration are different. The orchestration in the first interlude is vintage Raja with the violins. This song is sung by Tippu.

Now for my overall opinion. I feel this is Raja's best since 'Naan Kadavul' as far as the mapping of the story to music is concerned. Even without seeing the movie you will know exactly what happens in the movie. A sense of darkness, a philosophical outlook pervades throughout. The lyrics also accentuate this. The music itself tells the story. As Plum would say Raja brings forth his narrative integrity.

Coming to other aspects, the recording quality is very good, no unnecessary synth effects, excellent orchestration, good singing by all involved and nice lyrics. It is very clear Raja has tried out new things in this album. In that sense and due to the way it hugs to the story, I would say this is a better album than 'Ponnar Shankar'.

I am not sure how the general public would receive it. A lot may depend on the fate of the film. But I have my own doubts whether for a generation which considers 'ennamo edho' as a great achievement would have the patience to decipher what Raja has tried to do here. No need to worry. Eventually great music will triumph and my respect for Raja has grown even more after hearing this soundtrack.

Post Thanks / Like
    irir,
    though the album 'Sengaathubhoomiyile' was released under agimusic label the CD's are not yet available in the market. I bought some CD's through personal contacts and sent it to few friends. There is definitely some goof up happening in marketing of Raaja albums for sure. I dont know how many more days we have to wait for the CD's of 'thandavakone'! given the scenario I appreciate the help rendered by Sunil

Post Thanks / Like

இசைஞானியின் இசையில் கரைந்த 'தாண்டவக்கோன&

http://www.koodal.com/tamil/movies/hotnews/7213/thandavakone-with-isaignani-ilayaraja-s-mesmerising-music
    நீரால் உடல் கழுவி நித்த நித மூவேளை சோறால் குடல் கழுவும்... ஏதோ பட்டினத்தார் எழுதிய பாடல் போல தோன்றும் இப்பாடலை இசைஞானி இளையராஜாதான் எழுதியிருக்கிறார். பாடல் இடம் பெற்ற படம் 'தாண்டவக்கோனே'! இந்த ஒரு பாடலை பார்க்கும் பாக்கியம் நமக்கும் கிடைத்தது. 'பாக்கியம்' என்றெல்லாம் பெரிய வார்த்தையை உபயோகிப்பதிலிருந்தே புரிந்துகொள்ளலாம், பாடல் எப்படியிருக்கும் என்று! படத்தில் இடம் பெறும் எல்லா பாடல்களையும் படமாக்கிய பின்பே எழுதி இசையமைத்திருக்கிறார் இளையராஜா. பொதுவாகவே அம்மா சென்ட்டிமென்ட் என்றால் கரைந்து விடுவார் இளையராஜா. இதில் சிவனை வணங்கும் அம்மாவின் மரணம் வேறு. மனசில் விழுந்து அழுகையும் ராகமுமாக கரைந்திருக்கிறார் இசைஞானி. சீமானிடம் உதவி இயக்குநராக இருந்த சுப்பு சுஜாதா இயக்கியிருக்கும் இப்படம், தமிழ் சினிமாவில் மிக முக்கியமான படமாக இருக்கக்கூடும். சிவன் கோவில் வாசலே கதி என்று கிடக்கும் அம்மா, தன் மகனுக்கு சொல்லும் அறிவுரைகள் எல்லாமே அவனால் புறக்கணிக்கப்படுகிறது. அம்மா இறந்தபின் அவள் சொன்ன எல்லாமே அவனுக்கு புரிய வருகிறது. அதற்கப்புறம் அவன் என்ன செய்தான் என்பதை 'பாலாவின் டச்'சோடு சொல்லியிருக்கிறார் சுப்பு சுஜாதா. 'கோன்' என்றால் சிவன், 'தாண்டவம்' என்றால் ஆட்டம். சிவனின் ஆட்டத்தைதான் இப்படி தலைப்பாக வைத்திருக்கிறார் சுப்பு சுஜாதா. அதற்காக இது பட்டையை கிளப்பும் பக்தி படம் என்று கருதிவிட வேண்டாம். அருமையான காதல், அற்புதமான சென்ட்டிமென்ட், அதிர வைக்கும் ஸ்டண்ட் என்று எல்லா ஏரியாவையும் டச் பண்ணியிருக்கு என்கிறார் சுப்பு சுஜாதா. சஞ்சய், நந்தகி இருவரும் ஜோடியாக நடித்திருக்கிறார்கள். சுளையாக சம்பளம் தந்து கொண்டிருந்த வங்கி வேலையை விட்டு விட்டு, கலைக்காக சினிமாவுக்கு வந்திருக்கிறார் சுப்பு சுஜாதா. சினிமா மீது தீராத காதலோடு ஃபிளைட் ஏறியிருக்கிறார் இப்படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளரும் துபாய் தொழிலதிபருமான பிரபாகர் சீனிவாசகம். இவர்களின் வருகை ரசிகர்களை 'ஆனந்த தாண்டவமாட' வைக்கும் என்பதில் சந்தேகமில்லை. மனச கரச்சிடுவீங்களே.......