Page 201 of 250 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    theme music sample bit rocks big time. chinese flute brings back the memories of that awesome chinese flute BGM from Captain Prabhakaran..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Full songs - I got the album and uploaded it. Will post my views later

http://www.mediafire.com/?znb9x15li2sa6lb

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on Thandavakone. p.s. I’m writing as I’m listening.

IRs rustic voice is the divine spine of Kaattu Vazhi. He reaps Goosebumps on the listener with his devoted singing in praise of god. The hot air flute in the prelude just initiates the chilling and mysterious ambiance of the song. The synth quotient is only left to the chorus portion where it backs the Shambo Shiva line which is also supported with a pakhawaj. The instrumentation sounds contrasting at first as IR uses Middle Eastern sounding plucker but this is subtly used throughout the song. However, it does gain priority in the second interlude which is my favourite part, I don’t know whether the instrument is a midi flute or midi violin but the surreal feel of the song escalates soulfully.

I have already mentioned Kula Deivam impressing me straight away, this maybe because I haven’t heard something like this from IR sir before. IRs arrangement is so fresh and urban yet so traditional. I can’t remember the last time my feet automatically started tapping away. The percussion gives that party feel and even if you can’t dance there’s always that someone that tempts and drags you into doing it and all hell breaks loose. The X factor of this song is the variation in the beat, which hands down dominates the song.

So far the two songs are really contrasting so much so you wouldn’t even think there from the same album or furthermore same composer. Aanukkulley, supports this, it’s a romantic duet and has to be Raaja’s best number this year. Priya’s singing is so radiant here and Haricharan is nothing short. Need to give this more listens. It’s a very complex number and I find difficult expressing it.

I didn’t know about this album until couple of days ago so didn’t really expect much out of it and here I am going with the flow of songs but the last two songs have left me in a daze which I’m trying to recover from. I don’t feel like writing about the rest of the songs as I’m currently occupied with the former two (blasting Kula Deivam).

I haven’t reached half way and there are three more songs and two instrumentals to go so I’ll carrying on with my thoughts. Enna Pol begins with flanging voices which halt and a complex beat drops. I have to take back my words about Aankkulley as this song is equally as impressive and also has a chance of being the IRs best number this year.

Sorry but I’m going to go in hibernation. I want to finish listening to the album before I carry on with my review. I might not carry on but for now I’ll be enjoying Kula Deivam, Annukalley and Enna Pol and see what the rest of the album has to offer Looking forward to the instrumentals.

Hope Milliblog doesn’t give this album a stingy review and at least give it a minimum of 300 words.

Post Thanks / Like
    p.s. I haven't felt like this since Nandhalala. Raaja will always be Ilaiyaraaja even when he's a hundred.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thandavakkone Songs : Raaga

Three words : Thalaivar never ages

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=308...22092242229634

தொப்புள் கொடி புடிச்சு தொத்தி வந்த இப்பிறப்பு.....

reminds ..ராகம் நடனமாக்ரிய
    உழன்று திரிந்த என்னை உத்தமனாக்கி வைத்தாய் உயரிய பெரியோருடன் ....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinatha,

Sounds more line Punnagavarali. Am unable to come out of this song!! Very different from what Raja has done till now. The ambient atmosphere he creates is amazing. The next para sounds like Nadhanamakriya. Song in loop now. As Hulk said, Raja doesn't age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice writeup Sunil and thanks for the link. Been listening to it since morning. All work gone for a toss. Lovely album. A few more listens and I will write my thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    p.s. I haven't felt like this since Nandhalala. Raaja will always be Ilaiyaraaja even when he's a hundred.
    Well said. He is indeed 'ilaiya' Raja.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Suresh ji.

wrt interludes, I usually find the second interludes being better than the first in IR songs but in Enna pol the first interlude and charanam are roaring with delightful visionary. Although, both interludes do have the same flute bit which is highly naturistic.