Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,

Neat translation. Laughed aloud after reading the article and the fact that Sarath Kumar also clapped. Our man is incorrigible when it comes to speaking on stage

The first half of 'Adi ushas' is indeed heart wrenching. Especially from 'aanathera maladan mouna mudachu' followed by 'swathantra mele'. The way 'swathantramele' is tune is superb and conveys the longing of people who have lost their place very well. Which other MD would have taken so much pain to understand the situation and tune accordingly? !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    See the headline of this report :

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/sout...mentid=3365767

One more vambu in the already long list

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dunt think he is unhappy, it is just disappointment with the way the song lyrics were written but raaja says he has given delightful songs with him. It does not look like a war upon poets like the way the article is sounding.

Anyway it is quite obvious media really read into thalaivar's words and blow it up to 2012 proportions like the world is going to be destroyed.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing, IR has continued to make statements like this through out his career and survived

So, no big shakes for us anymore. Also, I don't think many in the industry today can make statements like 'sooperAvadhu, supreemAvadhu' like him and easily get away with it

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paa Music Review – Songs are melodious and magical!

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.c...-2009112022925

Aadesh Srivastava, the music director of the film praises, “Amitabh does not sound like a grown-up man imitating a child. Don’t ask me how he has managed to do it. I just sat there stunned.” He added that the song would be an immediate hit among children.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the problem is we see it through the media and always think what is said in the media is what happened there. Knowing thalaivar's hatred for media personnel who dun't respect music, the media themselves at times like to make him sound as eccentric and scarey as possible. He might have said something along the lines but we always get the exaggerated output. I have stopped reading all this not because thalaivar is creating controversy but because it is the same media who will go to any extent to publish news. It is even more shocking you guys are still bothered about such stuff.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big B Creates history with Ilaiyaaraja

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/3148/

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    >>>>>>
    The surge of tribal support for Pazhassi Raja outside the peace-talks chamber in the fort - when one of the naive British officers realises that he cannot go ahead and arrestt Pazhassi there as he naively suggested to his superior thinking that the few lieutenants in the room are all Pazhassi brought for the talks. The scene pans outside, and Raja runs riot as the conks, the horns and the improvised flutes and violins of the tribals surge to show what support Pazhassi has in the immediate vicinity
    <<<<<<

THis is yet another variant (what with tribal drums, flute and conch sounds) of the revolution theme (which happens to be the prelude of Adhi Ushas)
    shankar posts...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.twinkletwinklelittlestar2009.com/

Courtesy of Nikhilesh from Orkut IR and KamalHassan Community

It is going to release worldwide on Christmas 2009. I think alot of people did not like some of the songs due to deja vu feel but there were soulful numbers and a middle eastern rocking number(salsalakkum kaatrey).

Trailer music is scintallating and yet another BPSO background score

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh/Raagas,

I do not agree with the point that re-using the old tune is easy... Rather it might be less time consuming as there is one less thing to do.. but given IR's spontaneity and speed, this is a non-issue... To me what IR does here is trying to give a new wine in a old cup - Not Old wine in a new bottle.. The reason i say this is once the tune is set, i guess your boundaries are set somewhat ( just like tuning to a pre-written lyrics .. and that is one reason i consider Thiruvasagam to be his highest musical achievement ) - In my opinion, for IR creativity is not a issue when given 360 Deg freedom.. There can be no two ways about this.. But now, Balki asks for Thumbee Vaa to be given, but about 20+ years later.. and he has to do it in tune with the current standards and yet satisfy Balki ( and old timers like us ) who have grown with that old melody.. There can be no better challenge than constraining a spontaneous creator like IR.. Personally i still like Thumbee Vaa much better than Gum Sum.. But the fact that I have given 20 yrs to Thumbee vaa and < 2 weeks to Gum Sum is not a fair comparison.

One thing I am not sure is , if Balki would just gvie a list of his old melodies and let IR choose or he asking specifically for THumbee Vaa to be used.. ( i am wondering that Thumbee was chosen for the Kids Chorus situation here in Paa more than anything.. )

Cheers
    MSK

Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast