Page 160 of 250 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I saw Vairamuthu for the audio function,I probably thought,he might have penned atleast for a couple of songs.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Annanmar kathai :Its a western classical song that its interlaced with our folk song , with the orchestration behaving like chameleon ..Again , the second interlude is shenaii ?
    Its raaja's mistake that he used our natupura padalgaL in movies 80s that now we are unable to believe that such folk songs existed 1000 years ago and would have been sung similarly Sorry guys , couldnt help it to slide this sly humor.

The final rythm is catchy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing View Post
    When I saw Vairamuthu for the audio function,I probably thought,he might have penned atleast for a couple of songs.......
    He is hugely missed !

Post Thanks / Like
    The second interlue of Thedi vandha devadhai : I cant put this in a single genre !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. after 5 listens back to back, the best song is "Malar villae" - the song changes shapes every line in the charanam that is so characteristic of 80s ilaiyaraaja. The song reminds one of vintage raaja as well as "meyyaanadha poiyyaanadha" from that doomed Karthik Raaja scored Ramba film "3 roses". The beat pickup of this song has to be heard to be believed and the way it ends with all the veenais, mrudangams and violins - the transformation is "WHOA" material. Other songs barring the first are very good. As expressed, the "nativity" element goes and comes off and on in all the songs. It is probably my expectation as I am trying to "fix" a time line for the story (I am setting it to be 9th century), however the way it might be pitched is more like a "fantasy" - If it is so - Raaja maaf. otherwise it is a terrible mistake in a period film( consider fans like me who did lot of medhappu statements in early Rahman threads on period music et.al, Egg in my face!!).melody and "creative music alignment" wise this album is pretty satisfying. Choice of singers too is worthwhile. Now in addition to synth, there are also some loops (like the ones we heard in Jagan mohini - hence the feel that the spin to the story is more of "fantasy" than reality) - and for all you know the critics might single them out for praise (???!!!)..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    The second interlue of Thedi vandha devadhai : I cant put this in a single genre !
    Will find a place in the erotica thread for the oomph put in by S-G. The tune is the catchiest second only to Malar vill. The pronunciation is tolerable from Kunal and the overall song is good if we turn blind(deaf) to the period.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mild feel so far. Album skip-nu ninaikREn.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'bavani varugiraa' has Karthik Raaja stamp in the tune itself - especially 'eduthhu eduthhu'

listened to 3 so far - its an ok album, but expected something better from IR given that it is a period film - perhaps the script did not inspire him as much as 'Pazhassi Raaja'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'kannai paditthaen' reminds somehow of 'maasilaa unmai kaadhalae' and some other old hindi song - any event, an absolute classic from IR

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its true that the film is fantasy based. Except for the sets of the film as seen from the trailer, everything else looks like a modern film. I think that is why thalaivar could not really pinpoint a periodic feel to the songs. In the trailer you can see one song where prasanth dances with a group for some romantic song. Seriously periodic filmukku yengirinthu dancers vanthu romantic songskellam aada arambichaanga? Knowing that thalaivar only composes after understanding song situation, makes sense why some of the songs have modern orchestration.

With that out of the way, thalaivar has gone crazy on some of the songs. Not sure if any of you noticed but annanmar kathaigal has a very polla vinayen transition feel which makes me rape the replay button every now and then. Bavani Varugira, Thedi Vantha Devathai and Malar Villilae will push for raaja's post 2010 best songs list. In fact if you listen to bavani varugira, the postlude where folk instruments are being played, it starts off with a samba like rhythm before going into our traditional folk style.