Page 159 of 250 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kannai padithaen is just heavenly !!!!
    Itwofs, review enga .. waiting for ur interesting adjectives on raaja's composition -!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    RS ,
    Paavam nga karthik raja .. vidunga !
    karthik raja does work for raaja , ( even in virumaandi he did lot of work ) but nt able to differentiate here ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam View Post
    I too had the same feel when I listened to 'JaganMohini' Earlier.
    sir , romba over .. jagan mohini was very mediocre except the nilavu varum song. this is much much better !

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    Heard only once.

Kodi Kodi koduthalaam : Embrassement for a period film , esp pallavi and anu appalavi. may be repeated listening may change
    My pick after listening to the album once Not sure how you felt this song as embarassement? Listen again and Iam sure that you will like it!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sir , romba over .. jagan mohini was very mediocre except the nilavu varum song. this is much much better !
    ஜகன் மோகினியில் வரும் "பொன்மணித்தேரில்" பாடல் மிகவும் செழுமையானது. அந்தப்பாடலின் சில விஷயங்கள் இந்தப்படத்தின் பவானி பாடலில் கேட்கலாம்.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    ஜகன் மோகினியில் வரும் "பொன்மணித்தேரில்" பாடல் மிகவும் செழுமையானது. அந்தப்பாடலின் சில விஷயங்கள் இந்தப்படத்தின் பவானி பாடலில் கேட்கலாம்.
    I liked the pon mani theril tune - but the synth pad made me hate it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing View Post
    My pick after listening to the album once Not sure how you felt this song as embarassement? Listen again and Iam sure that you will like it!
    I heard the other songs , but this one - to put it softly, felt was too synth- loud and massy for a period movie . I was reminded of ' Ele enga vandha' kind of song ...The interludes was liek KR made , jazzy , trendy and a mis fit for my taste of a period song .

I expected very traditional song like the islam song in pazaasi raja , this was quite off the tangent and too synth ! Not to speak of the ordinary lyrics by Na Muthukumar

Forgetting thsi discussion, except the interludes , i did not like the tune , overall setup of the song ... Again , no two brains are the same here .And finally , who cares - its what we like that matters ( how many people here like unnai kanum pothe from the en mana vaanil - i love that song !)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgetting thsi discussion, except the interludes , i did not like the tune , overall setup of the song ... Again , no two brains are the same here .And finally , who cares - its what we like that matters ( how many people here like unnai kanum pothe from the en mana vaanil - i love that song !)
    I agree that we do not appreciate songs in the same way. After listening to the entire album once,I felt that "Thedi vantha Devathai" falls out of place...Somehow a misfit for a traditional movie. I felt the same for 'Odathanil" from Pazhassi raja as well.
    Bavani Varugiraa is definitely growing in me...Iam sure after repeated hearing there would me much better opinions on most of the songs here. Some of them are situational songs for me like "Annamar Kathai" and would look great with visuals... .Iam still listening to Bavani varugiraa...

Post Thanks / Like
    Repeating grouse , as im unable to bear it .

1) 'Thedi vandha devathai' : if i ever get snehan in my hand , i will ask him to do 'okki' , until he pleads guilty of writing nonsense lyrics of a superb tune and orchestration ... esp for a period film. I don't have a clue what people spoke 1000 years at home and by raajas and im sure nattupura pattu in those times had simple lyrics. But ina movie which is supposed to transport you , this will be a big hinderent - lyrics , big let down !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing View Post
    . After listening to the entire album once,I felt that "Thedi vantha Devathai" falls out of place...Somehow a misfit for a traditional movie...
    Yeah , especially using the sleezy modulation is an age old technique which our raaja still uses( adhu seri , when old programmers do it , we call legacy) . The tune , orchestration is excellent but this aspect and the inapt lyrics pulls it down ...