Page 152 of 250 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Thank you for providing some entertainment. Nice Joke (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)
    Oh yeah - there is something called "History". Hub also has history. What you witnessed is "history repeating itself" (a rare phenomenon). no need for tension. It will subside by itself..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ponnar Shankar trailor is awesome. The visuals are very rich and speak much of production values. Let's the hope the movie is equally good. IR will score a home run with the music.

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    jai - I know you got my point. Everyone has special talents. There is no point is challenging others to match. It is like expecting best Pizza from Saravana Bhavan.
    Hmm.Thats something I believe in and follow too, which is why I dont go by comparisons. Whats the point expecting someone to match someone else. Expecting ARR or Yuvan (frequent targets anyway, i sometimes feel other composers such as Shankar Ehsan Loy or Vidyasagar etc are non-existent for IR fans,when it comes to 'challenging' part in discussions they seem to be lucky guys ) match IR is so pointless (for me atleast). same old thing. cliche`! Yawn!
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ponnar Shankar songs link please. where can i listen to them? Waiting...

Albums I am waiting for:

Padithurai
    Happi
    Rama Rajyam

Surprised that there are no other films in Hindi; read long time ago that he agreed to work in 4 hindi films.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas View Post
    Expecting ARR or Yuvan (frequent targets anyway, i sometimes feel other composers such as Shankar Ehsan Loy or Vidyasagar etc are non-existent for IR fans
    Yuvan no way worth to be compared with IR or ARR. Some folk want to keep Yuvan there because...
    a) They think they have pulled ARR to Yuvan level and IR has been kept at a higher level (IR பற்று)
    b) They think they have pushed Yuvan to ARR level ( IR குடும்பப் பற்று)
    Last edited by genesis; 30th March 2011 at 05:09 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan no way worth to be compared with IR or ARR. Some folk want to keep Yuvan there because...
    a) They think they have pulled ARR to Yuvan level and IR has been kept at a higher level (IR பற்று)
    I'm confused as to whether Raajar has a level higher than these MD's or he doesn't have a level at all

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think this way - yuvan does not need "IR குடும்பப் பற்று" factor to help him. He needs no helping.
    He is a composer who does not need to attach with a winning crew, in order to make his music succeed. He is independent of big banners and big heroes. He has come up the hard way and today has his own brand equity, which contributes to a film's marketability as well.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing could be more clichéd than jumping to defence every time few holy, sacrosanct MDs’ work is being questioned. Why should I drag Vidhyasagar? His lovely Surutti in “Paramasivan” or his usage of a rarer “Nasikabhushini” in “PasakiLigaL” found little or no takers and poor guy had to resort to safer “appadi podu”s , “kuruvi adichas and parandhas” and “rocket rajas” for survival. I hold Arr, Yuvan and Harris culpable of the offence of degradation in the melodic, carnatic content in today’s Tamil songs for, these over paid MDs wield enormous clout in the industry and they have done precious little in accommodating one of our most important cultural identities in their milieu. Just a stray madhuvanthi in “Kanda naaL mudhalai” will not absolve Yuvan and when was the last time ARR had such satisfying carnatic songs? “kaNNamoochiyenada” or “margazhi thingaL allava”?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jai - I know you got my point. Everyone has special talents. There is no point is challenging others to match. It is like expecting best Pizza from Saravana Bhavan.

I have heard very beautiful carnatic or carnatic based Malayalam film songs (At least I think they are better than IR's). I *hope* an expert like Suresh65 will vouch my opinion.
    Why go as far as Malayalam film music ? Let me help u out. In TFM itself, if u know history, we had doyens like Gramanathan, GNB, KVM who were adepts in Carnatic music. So?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys - lets stay clear of comparisons - they always seem to draw the worst out of us.
    To each his/her own. We all know the mastery of Raaja in carnatic and hindustani. If anyone was ever in doubt, let him/her read the article in solvanam and deduce for themselves.
    I think that article is the hardest hit in the face of raja's detractors (if any?).
    OTOH , to the defense of genesis, he only meant that it is not a wise thing to expect ARR or yuvan or any1 now to go fully carnatic as there is no audience for that kind of rooted music in TFM anymore.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal