Page 151 of 250 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ponnar Shankar

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...ar/280311d.asp

very promising & encouraging reports... excited...eagerly awaits for the release

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

My high hopes fuelled

Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    Appadiye oru theme music includ epanna koranja povaanga ... v poor marketing package !!
    I pin my very high hopes on the Nithyashree number which should be a carnatic treat.
    IMO, the Bombay Jaishree-Sudha Raghunathan dance number "abhinayam kaattukindra" from "ULiyin Oasai" is the best single composed by Raja in the last few years . Today no MD has the caliber to come up with such carnatic delights . Let Yuvan or the mighty ARR take this challenge and prove me wrong here. I would be happy. Raja needs a successor

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thumburu,

Yes. I am also waiting for the Nithyasree number. Let me see what 'heights' she reaches in this song Somehow I think Raja would have moderated her and not allowed her to go for high pitched singing but you never know. I don't think there is anyone in the current lot who understands Carnatic music as much as Raja does. Atleast not in Tamil.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kalaignar all praise for Ilaiyaraaja.
    seems to be from the bottom of his heart and Raaja also very comfortable sitting next to Kalaignar.
    Raja earlier sang a song from Marma yogi - seems to have been inspired from that to compose azhagar samiyin kuthirai - why?
    because the song was about a "Donkey" penned by Kalaignar... very funny song that one..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    I pin my very high hopes on the Nithyashree number which should be a carnatic treat. IMO, the Bombay Jaishree-Sudha Raghunathan dance number "abhinayam kaattukindra" from "ULiyin Oasai" is the best single composed by Raja in the last few years . Today no MD has the caliber to come up with such carnatic delights . Let Yuvan or the mighty ARR take this challenge and prove me wrong here. I would be happy. Raja needs a successor
    I think we already have one! don't we?
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #$%@&#$ is best Gana single composed by Deva in the last few years . Today no MD has the caliber to come up with such Gana delights . Let Yuvan or the mighty ARR or the veteran IR take this challenge and prove me wrong here. I would be happy. Deva needs a successor. I don't think there is anyone in the current lot who understands Gana music as much as Deva does. At least not in Tamil.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    #$%@&#$ is best Gana single composed by Deva in the last few years . Today no MD has the caliber to come up with such Gana delights . Let Yuvan or the mighty ARR or the veteran IR take this challenge and prove me wrong here. I would be happy. Deva needs a successor. I don't think there is anyone in the current lot who understands Gana music as much as Deva does. At least not in Tamil.
    ganavai porutha varaikkum best "bala baarathi" thaan. thalai vaasal gaana songs are one of the best in their genre. Recently Raja did two gaanas in Vaalmiki - they too were pretty good.
    basically. I am innocent ya..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    ganavai porutha varaikkum best "bala baarathi" thaan. thalai vaasal gaana songs are one of the best in their genre. Recently Raja did two gaanas in Vaalmiki - they too were pretty good.
    basically. I am innocent ya..
    jai - I know you got my point. Everyone has special talents. There is no point is challenging others to match. It is like expecting best Pizza from Saravana Bhavan.

I have heard very beautiful carnatic or carnatic based Malayalam film songs (At least I think they are better than IR's). I *hope* an expert like Suresh65 will vouch my opinion.
    Last edited by genesis; 28th March 2011 at 11:15 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Vysar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR is good in just one category electronic music remix like Deva in Ganaa.

IR is an all rounder.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysar View Post
    ARR is good in just one category electronic music
    Thank you for providing some entertainment. Nice Joke (Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)