Page 13 of 250 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chash
    I dont think anything controversial in this,, just check this link,,

True, i.e. for you and me (and the like minded ones). However, for those who want some adi-dhadi out of anything coming out of his mouth, this is quite juicy. If you follow the media, this didn't happen on the same day or next day of his speech. People did some "room booking" , before coming out with all kinds of ladAi out of this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    If Mammotty gets pissed off, OTOH, then IR is in trouble...
    There's no trouble even then AnthikkAd is of Lal camp

He has been there - seen that (MR / KB / AVM etc). Once more, that's all

Post Thanks / Like
    app, ofcourse I mentioned anthikkad earlier also as someone who is unlikely to ditch IR for non-professional reasons.
    What I meant is Mammookka is heavily influential with AMMA, and that sure means something

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    S.Shiva Kumar in today's Bangalore edition of The Hindu has written a glowing review of Ilaiyaraaja's music of Suryakanthi. Unable to find the link.....
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala,

I had given the link earlier in this thread. Here it is once again:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/11/27/s...2750780200.htm

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    FANTASTIC!
    Chaitanya and Chetan - IMPRESSIVE DUO
    VINATHA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    app, ofcourse I mentioned anthikkad earlier also as someone who is unlikely to ditch IR for non-professional reasons.
    What I meant is Mammookka is heavily influential with AMMA, and that sure means something
    And that is not END OF THE WORLD for raaja...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure how popular and good ONV Kurup is in Malluwood, but I would guess he should be good enough to get a chance to write lyrics in a big movie like PA. Such a good poet not able to write to multiple IR tunes...?!! I guess there was a little game played by Director and Lyricist to extract a tune from IR for the pre-written, already decided on lyrics. The tune is good, though not the best of IR. (No doubt, the lyrics and KJ's rendition make this song very special, not tune. It is also good to listen good lyrics in IR's tune after looooong time)

IR should have not talked about this in public. It is going to damage his Malluwood chances to large extend in the near future. As app_engine mentioned, he had been there, done that. No surprise.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys make Ilaiyaraaja sound like some upcoming music composer against the giant of malayalam cinema which is ONV Kurup. Have you guys sort of forgotten how BIG thalaivar is in the music industry?

1) The first Asian to score a SYMPHONY
    2) One of the very few indian composers who has worldwide recognition(University of Iowa uses his HTNI as a case study for their music course)
    3) Commands respect everywhere he goes whether its India or Hungary

You guys decide who is at a loss, the malluwood industry or thalaivar.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ONV is highly regarded & is a poet, not a person in the league of "Film Lyricists".

I had seen one of the first promo programme on Malayala Manorama Channel when the film released. I had mentioned in one of the earlier posts at that time that ONV mentioned in this interview that Kunnathe was written to tune and Aadhi was tuned to lyrics.

If I can recollect the interview, while he explained the significance of each of the lines in Kunnathe, he said that "popular to contrary beleif that I have written the songs to pretuned lyrics, Aadhi is actually tuned to lyrics, adding that there are some songs that you cannot write to a tune. The situation of Aadhi Ushas is not something that you can write to a tune, with the historical significance, many things have to be conveyed in the lyrics. Kunnathe is a love situation,where you can write to a tune, for which I have written to a very beutiful tune". He also mentioned about why the lines "kunnathe konnaikkum pon mothiram" for a few minutes, but the explantion itself was high brow stuff!

From the entire episode, the situation is to be blamed - the fact that the lyricist & the musician were never once in a face to face sitting in such a high profile situation/song that has taken months to conceive.

The major culprit is the media. After watching the youtube video, it's really saddening that mdeia carried the report totally out of context, almost making IR a villain. Sify headline like IR humiliates ONV ... was too much. These have been picked up by local vernacular newspapers.

Still, considering the language card that normally is hugely exploited in India (MNS-marathi Being latest example), after the way the incident has been misrepresented in the media, it could have easily blown into an "Insult to language/Our poet by outsider etc.." issue. Mallu's in general have hardly reacted to this except for the Education & cultural affairs minister MA Baby (who's infamous for giving an opinion about anythong & everything), but he too has not lifted the "Insult to Language" card as may have happened elsewhere. Another reason is the huge following & regard IR himself commands among Mallu's.