Page 12 of 250 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Thumburu, when you get time, please listen to the following pre-written lyrics albums:
    1. Bharathi
    2. Parts of Ramana Maalai
    Above all
    3. Thiruvasagam

"Ramana maalai" kettadhillai. I had already mentioned Bharathi.
    Even in TIS, before the start of the last hymn "putril vaazh" . Raja gives us a glimpse of his 'modus operandi' in selecting which verses fit his composition. However, "pollaa vinaiyen" , "umbarkarase" would have been the other way around , for , without "pollaa vinaiyen", the Shivapuranam, any work on Thiruvasagam would have been incomplete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ezy0265
    This Thumburu, whoever it is.....
    is totally pathetic....all I can imagine is that he or she is a ARR fan very much disguised as IR old timer and looking for cheap thrills here...

Absolutely braindead specimen! No point in taking it seriously and wasting space responding or even acknowledging....in my opinion...

If Adhiuhya is a pedestrian tune then I am keen to know how he describes all the latest ARR tunes....
    Unezy lies the head bloated with nothing but hot air !!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the "genuine" fans and the journalists are no different, making something out of nothing and somehow bringing in assumptions only logical to cavemen.

Let us all instead focus on two upcoming albums.

Suryakanthi on NOV 28(This is the day the album is out on stores officially)

Om Shanti Om on DEC 5(Official Audio Release)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar,

I just don't understand your argument. If we, who are not artists, can criticize Raja left, right and center for scoring for Velu Prabhakaran's movie, for scoring for bad lyrics, for scoring for 'Kannukulle Mannukulle' etc, why is it that a great artist like Raja should keep quite and not say anything about what he felt the scene required? You are very clear that you have the right to demand exactly what you need from Raja but Raja, as a part of the crew, has no right to say what he feels a situation in the movie needs? I think you are taking yourself and your opinion a bit too seriously.

Raja in his speech has not said that the lyrics are bad. He just said that he was expecting something else given his understanding of the scene. Why is this logic so difficult for people to understand? (If there was any criticism in the function it was for the titles 'Superstar' and 'Supreme Star'. )

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu
    Even in TIS, before the start of the last hymn "putril vaazh" . Raja gives us a glimpse of his 'modus operandi' in selecting which verses fit his composition.
    This was the argument that 'athi medhavis' like Gnani gave to accuse Raja of tuning first and then selecting the lyrics. I am disappointed that a person like you, who knows her music, actually buys into this argument !!!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thalaivar!!

Thalaivar is not bothered...and I am not bothered...just listen to his songs and discuss about them!

No human being or any creature on this planet is perfect...

2009 is brilliant for me because of Thalaivar and I am still in a trance after his PR and PAA!!!

However , it is my sincere opininon, most of you are wasting time on this Forum.....

Vazhga Thalaivar!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a visitor since 1997 and especially after Kadhalukku mariyathai. It is gratifying to see that Thalaivar's music is still being discusssed in the same venom and passion, as it used to be 12 years ago!!!

Vazhga Thalaivar and his music!!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In any case, controversies - as long as they don't get out of control like politicians / rioters etc stepping in - are good fodder

Though there's a strong possibility of net loss for IR in this episode (possible NA gone, a possible good future venture with HH gone etc), the whole thing of "speaking out one's mind" is a good thingy

And, IMO, IR can comfortably afford that at this point of his career

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think anything controversial in this,, just check this link,,

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app, I dont think he loses much. Hariharan is pushing 72, and his last few outings before Pazhassi Raja were critical and commercial washouts. People make fun of him in kerala that he never succeeds without MT. He is not that influential a figure there.

As for Natl Award, I dont think it is like Oscar where the maker needs to lobby etc. This is a simple function of the committee configuration. No amount of lobbying is going to help if a opinionated bolly figure dominates the committee. Or, if a anti-IR tamil film industry scion happens to head the committee. So, anyway there is only a miniscule chance of IR getting NA for this. Even if Kerala wants to scuttle IR's chances, oru pullum pudunga mudiyaadhu unless one of them happens to head the committee

Gokulam Gopalan is another unpopular figure as well in the Kerala industry. If Mammotty gets pissed off, OTOH, then IR is in trouble...