2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Almost north african"
    AdinnA?
    Central african?
    Just near north africa in the indian ocean
    Just above north africa in south europe?
    Pacific ocean?

Ascribing date and place to music - and making it sound like a big deal - a modern disease for tn music fans

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gounderspeak:
    North african drum north african papdthula use pannikkayenda. Inga vandhu enga thalaiyila endA adikkaringa andha ooru melatha?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, enna seyya, ungala maadhiri disease-free location'la naan illai. North African music incidentally is characterized by Algerian music, though it's unfair to attribute it to that country alone. For starters, try these links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_North_Africa

Putumayo's North African Groove collection: http://www.putumayo.com/en/catalog_i...p?album_id=200

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cherishing "Aaro" song. The way "Aaro" word is tuned is fantabulous. The entire song tune structure is very melodious. Initial humming of Chitra took me to back to humming of (Janaki??) in the song "Vaanuyarndha Solaiyile" song of Mohan movie.

Music in his recent Jazzy style is extremely pleasing. Loved both the interludes.

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaro paadunnu dhoore is superb , just what we expect from raaja - melodious and yet fresh and yet vintage

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaro paadunnu dhoore is bring fresh feeling and going to be yet another golden song from satyan and IR combo, ksc starts the humming beautifully and in the 1st interlude, as rajaaltheway said touching mudi mudi but I felt its for very short and immediately coming back from mudi mudi to aaro paadunnu pattern. I like the way song is ending....

Hari and KSC are sensible singer to understand rajas expectation.

Mazha Megam is another melody and IR is done very good job in the 1st and 2nd interludes. sweta is rendering beautifully.

Kizhakkumala is remind me thira thallipoyalum from bagyadevata. I do not know why....
    Music Unities Everyone

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish i knew a bit more of the nuances and technical aspects of Raajas'music a la Sureshji...Iam taking 80% of my words back,after 3 days of listening AARO is numer one in my playlist.. thiss 3 decade mature Domaine Romanée-Conti served in Swarowski crystal glass.. Sureshji...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaalltheway
    Iam taking 80% of my words back,after 3 days of listening AARO is numer one in my playlist.. thiss 3 decade mature Domaine Romanée-Conti served in Swarowski crystal glass..
    rajaalltheway,

Wish I knew more about Romanee-Conti but I get what you are saying. I was more than convinced that for a person as deeply seeped in Raja's music as you, it was only a matter of time before 'aaro' became your favourite. You described it well. Vintage wine in a modern container. What freshness, what fragrance, what a taste. So, can someone blame us if we get intoxicated by this high brew? !!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    I remember reading a statement of a Xerox engineer, when Xerox was at its innovative peak, "How can ask my customers what they want. My customers are not born yet!!!" This is the statement that comes to my mind whenever I see people suggesting what Raja should do. The ideas that he has will probably never be born inside us. One reason why we worship him, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    A general observation. There seems to be two Rajas when it comes to synth usage. One, in the style of 'Paa', where the recording and the synth effects are very nice and trendy. The other is the older style Raja. Somehow the synth effects aren't as good as the 'Paa' style and some old fashioned effects creep in once in a while. It will be great if Raja sticks to the 'Paa' style of recording as well as synth usage. It is very jazzy and attractive.
    திரு சுரேஷ்,

தனி ஆல்பம் என வரும்போது ராஜா இப்படியெல்லாம் முயற்சி எடுக்கட்டும் என நான் எனது எண்ணங்களை பதிவுசெய்த போது நீங்கள் ஒருவிதமாக எனக்கு பதில் அளித்துவிட்டு, இப்போ உங்கள் எண்ணங்களை வசதியாக முன் வைப்பது முரணாகத் தெரியவில்லையா? என்னமோ போங்க! மாமியார் உடைத்தா மண்குடம். மருமக உடைத்தா பொன்குடமா!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...