View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    a.r,

Regarding A&D, I have to agree with all what you have said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has certainly influenced me to buy DVC - bought it when I was on a holiday and my friend happens to be a die-hard fan of Dan Brown, too!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished reading Deception Point and feel the same as Roshan. Not enough punch in the end. It was like a boxing match where in the last round both the fighters were tired. This sadly is the case with all Dan Brown Novels (haven't read digital fortress). Even the Da Vinci Code, I found to be an anticlimax after a lot of blood shedding. He has to work on the climax of his novels a lot better.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read A&D aswelas DVC. sure they are gripping books from start till end. But for a person like me who was introduced to postmodern literature some 7 years back and have read most of latin american writers short stories and novels i could only conclude that DAN has borrowed most of the ideas from these people and churned out a mystery which has taken the world.
    Well DVC resembled mostly the novel 'Foucaults Pendulum' by 'Umberto Eco' [ the writer whose book 'The Name of the Rose' is still adored by many in literary cirlces] with all that 'Holy Grail' - 'Templars'- Rosicrucians' interwoven to suit for a easy to digestable form, DVC has succedeed in place of 'Foucault's.

links for Umberto's works
    http://www.themodernword.com/eco/eco_biography.html
    http://www.levity.com/corduroy/eco.htm
    And Dan brown never seems to wake up from his 'Christian' authority. His climaxes asks us to sit simply learning all the facts, while the truth will be buried deep underground. he has to come out of his "Christian' Psyche and give us a better novel next time.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    His climaxes asks us to sit simply learning all the facts, while the truth will be buried deep underground. he has to come out of his "Christian' Psyche and give us a better novel next time.
    Though "Deception Point" had nothing to do with Christianity or any other religion I have to agree with rajasaranam that the story was almost something like learning the facts and buring the truths.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roshan and Badri,
    American dream for NRIs in US includes:

Sending their child'children to Harvard, Yale,MIT,Stanford or any other leading university and go for medicine.
    Owning a BMW,Jaguar or Mercedes Benz
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajraj......neenge wrong-aane thread-le bathil koduthiirukkeenge!!
    PP'kum MISC'kum angeyum ingeyum paarthu paarthu, confused-a ayitteengelaa??

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NM,
    Sorry about that! It is another thread!
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

DAVINCI CODE

Friends,

Approach or Brown, is certainly has lead many Christians to check the Bible. But New Testament Gospels Authors themselves are not really aware of WHO Jesus was.

Matthew says- Mary was wife of Bethlehem Lived Jacob's Son Joseph, and this Joseph was 40th Generation from Abraham. As per LUKE- MARY was Wife of NAzareth Lived Heli's Son JOSEPH, and this JOseph was 56th Generation from Abraham.

Now when Gospel Authors have cooked up Jesus's PARENTS list, Brown assumes Jesus as Royal blood of David and Mary MAGdalene on other royal.

As a Novel was INTeresting- when Gospels are not Historic- then how BROWN can be taken.

MosesMohammedSolomon

Post Thanks / Like
    Solomon, what are you trying say? If you want to discuss the novel, then we can discuss the literary merits of his work, as well as his perspective as an author.

If you want to discuss anything else, neither this thread nor even the Hub is a right place to do so! The Hub rules clearly state that there is no place for any religion oriented discussion here, especially ones that can very well lend themselves to controversy, as your post suggests.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast