View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roshan, I am sure you'll enjoy Angels and Demons! I have the illustrated version of DVC and it is great!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus
    Roshan, I am sure you'll enjoy Angels and Demons! I have the illustrated version of DVC and it is great!
    Hey Cygs !! are you around !! Wow you've got the illustrated version?? That's great !! I should get one myself. I had a quick glance at it yesterday. sooper-A irunthuchu !

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Da Vinci Code is now entering into 120th week on top of the transatlantic charts and has already seen three Christmases, two wars and one papal death!

Source - http://books.guardian.co.uk/bestsell...,5917,,00.html

8)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cygnus , scorpio and others,

Sorry for the late response. I have finished reading Angels and Demons and repeated the chapters involved the Camerlengo.

Another racy fiction by Dan Brown with plethora of historical info. This time it is around Rome , Vatican, the secret society Illuminati and the works of Bernini. The author has touched Religion and Science as the core theme. I had a hard time putting the book down coz, the plot is so suspenseful with so many twists, turns and cliff hangers.

Dan Brown has this marvelous ability of weaving the facts and imagination in such a way - that makes us feel the strory real. The details about the Vatican's procedures and rituals were quite informative. But the descriptions about other locations, religious places and sculptures in Rome, did not interest me much.

Though I like the character Robert Langdon - I should admit that the character was not as impressive as in the Da Vinci Code.

All the characters have depth including the Hassassin.

And a big WOW !!! for the ending !! Was really a great one !!

I dont want to make a comparison between the DVC and A&D as both novels deal with two different subjects - and the credit should go to the author for not sticking to imagination entirely , but for mixing the facts of Art, History, Religion and Science - and giving us such racy, exciting and action filled novels.

Great job by Brown once again !!

My next read is going to be "Deception Point" .

I'd probably be reading it during the Tamil new year holidays that's falling shortly.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great analysis Roshan!

Especially right now, I am tempted to read it (A&D) again, particularly the parts where 'conclave' is described. I certainly learnt a lot about Christianity, more than what I had learnt in the heavily evangelical schools I went to

For me the discussion of religion vs (?!) science was certainly more interesting than the lineage of JC But for sure DVC was more thrilling in the description than A&D!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though the anticipation is great, I will be starting A&D with no high expectations!I shall see then what awaits me!

Btw, I had to given in to Sheldon's Bloodline, after PB!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus

I certainly learnt a lot about Christianity
    Me too !! Specially about the Catholic sect and the Vatican !

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus
    For me the discussion of religion vs (?!) science was certainly more interesting than the lineage of JC
    Yes !! Specially that long speach of the Camerlengo to the media !!! It's brilliantly worded !!

But for sure DVC was more thrilling in the description than A&D!
    Exactly !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.ratchasi
    Though the anticipation is great, I will be starting A&D with no high expectations!I shall see then what awaits me!
    Happy reading a.r. ! We look forward to seeing your comments !!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, the similarity of the events in the beginning was a complete turn-off as I realised DVC had an almost identical start.

As events unfolded further, Brown has interwoven the storyline with many intriguing twists with ease . The story simply shot-off by its own. The inside peek at the Vatican was knowledgeable indeed.

Unlike DVC, I had a hard time figuring out the perpetrator. Nothing was certain till almost the very end. Dan Brown did a good job with the other characters I would say! Though Vittoria and Langdon lacked the depth needed for lead characters. Perhaps, Brown compensated for this in DVC.

My verdict: A&D is an interesting read. Though, I still prefer DVC anytime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Friends,

Finished with "Deception Point" . This time the plot is around the White House, NASA discovery and US Presidential Elections. Good theme but the story lacks depth. Here again till the last moment I was unable to guess who the villain is but unlike in DVC and A&D the reason behind the perpetrator's motive was not clear and convincing.

There's no Robert Langdon but the lead characters Micheal Tolland and Rachel Sexton were handled smartly. But I enjoyed Scientist - Corky Marlinson character more.

The initial chapteres were kind of boring and the last few chapters in the ship was like watching an action/masala movie. The Sedgewick Sexton -Presidential candidate character doesnt sound realistic and his final press conference was basically a comedy.

But again there were some very good information about White House, NASA technologies , meteorites, fossils, chondrules , oceans etc.

Overall it is below the standards of DVC and A&D - yet readable.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast