View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite Dan Brown?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da Vinci Code

30 71.43%
  • Angels & Demons

8 19.05%
  • Deception Point

0 0%
  • Digital Fortress

4 9.52%
  • The Lost Symbol

0 0%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown fans here?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nov,

Many thanks for introducing Dan Brown.

Not sure if it is the correct one to start, I just finished 'Angels and Demons'. Really excellent and was left awestruck at the details and research surrounding symbology.

Never expected the twist in the climax. Got me by surprise. Now, I am going to re-read the whole thing again to understand the plot from the villian's ( is he, really?) perspective better !

Did Dan get into any probs for his comments about Bush and Clinton, calling them being affiliated to Illuminati??

Great read, anyway!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, name of author required!!

I read books by a British Vetenarian these were humorus accounts of his country practice, I have forgotten the name of the author and am unable to search for his books in the US.

If anybody knows of this author please give me his name.

Post Thanks / Like

Paulo Coelho fan in here!!!

Honestly,

I find writer Paulo Coelho much more inspiring.
    He is a bestseller writer, too, and much more profound in his message than any other of the contemporary bestseller authors.

Of course, this needs to be discussed, and mybe some of you will not want to agree with me. Itīs a personal taste but there are also facts that give me right.

So let me see, if I give a start to a threat asking "Are there any Paulo Coelho fans" here?!!!

Best,
    Alchemmist
    Just before a dream is fulfilled, the Soul of the World decides to test everything that was learned on the journey.
    "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
    http://www.warriorofthelight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Paulo Coelho fan in here!!!

Honestly,

I find writer Paulo Coelho much more inspiring.
    He is a bestseller writer, too, and much more profound in his message than any other of the contemporary bestseller authors.

Of course, this needs to be discussed, and mybe some of you will not want to agree with me. Itīs a personal taste but there are also facts that give me right.

So let me see, if I give a start to a threat asking "Are there any Paulo Coelho fans" here?!!!

Best,
    Alchemist
    Just before a dream is fulfilled, the Soul of the World decides to test everything that was learned on the journey.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahem! Putting the thread back on track,

I just finished 'The Da Vinci Code'. Wonderful and amazing. What a wealth of information and what a daring subject to write about!

Didn't expect the twist about the identity of the 'Teacher'. Hmm, I've to read it again from that perspective. Anyway, felt a bit disappointed at the end in not finding all about the secret Grail after such a long search.

Thanks NOV, Roshan and others for pushing me to read Dan Brown.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Akka wrote:
    Anyway, felt a bit disappointed at the end in not finding all about the secret Grail after such a long search.

Akka: That is the whole point about the Holy Grail...in fact, haven't you heard the usage, "It is his holy grail" meaning it his favourite quest...for centuries, the Holy Grail has come to symbolize a quest. If it is found, it will actually lose its relevance.

in fact, dictionary.com actually defines Grail as "The object of a prolonged endeavor."

Besides, there is no historical validity about the Holy Grail, which is why every book ever written on it, or every movie produced on it has references to the Grail without pinpointing details. Or, even if it is depicted as being found, either it is lost, or somehow forgotten...classic example being Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

And, perhaps you haven't got the entire significance of the book. Towards the end, Brown actually hints to the possibility of Mary Magdalene being the grail...it is not an object, but it is Mary herself, as the chalice of the seed! And in that sense, if the so called "descendants" are traced, then it is tantamount to finding the Grail.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear sbadri,

thank you very much for sharing your insights about the interpretation of the grail being actually the holy mother Mary!

It makes sense.
    Let me nevertheless insist in the fact that there are existing several "grails" - as objects -, for example one in the Cathedral of Valencia, in Spain, that are considered to be possibly the historic grail.

It was made of one precious stone that served as a cup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alchemist, you said:

thank you very much for sharing your insights about the interpretation of the grail being actually the holy mother Mary!
    It is not the Holy Mother Mary, who is the mother of Christ that Brown talks about in his boo. It is the Lady of Magda, Mary Magdalene...
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Towards the end, Brown actually hints to the possibility of Mary Magdalene being the grail...it is not an object, but it is Mary herself, as the chalice of the seed! And in that sense, if the so called "descendants" are traced, then it is tantamount to finding the Grail.
    Correct !!!

NOV, Cygnus, Badri and others,

I have not got Angels and Demons as yet. I've checked with a couple of book shops but the whole lot have been sold off there and I have to wait for the next shipping. I've made a booking at the shop I usually purcahse. The Manager says that the turnover rate has increased for Dan Browns books after the release of 'The Da Vinci Code' . But they had a couple of copies of "Digital Fortres". Just want to know your opinion about this book before purchasing. Please let me know if you had read it already.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read Digital Fortress, though not A & D yet. DF is good read. I wouldn't say it has all the romance of DV Code, but I would still recommend DF, especially, if things like Computer Security and Super Computers interest you.

Think of a thriller with all this thrown in...if you like that sort of a thing, dig in...

What says the Council of Elders on this matter?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast